Suggestion regarding outfits.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: NovaZephyr.1293

NovaZephyr.1293

I don’t know how you folks at Arena Net feel about this, but I have a suggestion regarding the outfits. I get that some people like them, more often than not, myself and others feel frustrated (not speaking for everyone, maybe not even for the majority) that we can’t mix and match with our current armour. Time and time again, I see bits and pieces of an outfit that would go amazing with my gear, but I don’t like the outfit as a whole. So I have two suggestions.
Allow us to buy items separately with gems (As some of us really don’t care about clipping issues)

-OR-

Release them similar to black lion weapon skins. So create Black Lion Armour Skins complete of course with armour scraps and armour tickets.
The second option, some people will be less favourable to due to having to rely on RNG, but we would at least be able to sell the items on the market which is an integral part of the game for some of us. I personally am tired of all of the accountbound items. I have several carapace boxes that I’d love to give to people who need them but can’t. Sure I could just open them and break the items down but then they’re lost forever outside of a few ecto’s and mats. It would also give us a wider range of armour to play with and I’m sure you won’t mind dealing with the clipping problems if you’re making that much more money from gem purchases due to people buying keys. You could even do a key sale if you were to do this and still make a hefty profit.
I just want to make my character look unique and I can’t get the look I want with the current system that’s in place. This one or the other thing really needs to go. Either way, I would gladly pay more gems for an item I actually like and can use to it’s fullest potential than pay for an outfit that I might use once in a blue moon and don’t like as much as I could. Yes, I also realize I don’t have to buy the outfit, which in turn saves me money, but really. The customization in the game really needs some work. I’ve been playing since Closed Beta and I was one of the unhappy individuals with the outfit release. I DO have several outfits, for the record, but would much rather mix and match.

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

or just allow us to toggle each piece individually?
But I don’t know if outfits are made the same way as armors so not sure if it’s possible without causing problems.

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

Think they’ll sell better if they sell it as oufit, and the helmet seperatly for 300 gems.
I would buy the Helmet, I won’t buy the outfit.

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

They already said that the different armor weights are incompatible and that the outfits are like a fourth class of armor, not able to mix with the other 3 weights. Would it be nice if they had made the outfits mix and match with themselves, yes. Are they likely to revamp the outfits now that they’ve released so many to make them mix and match, no. It would require a lot of work to break down the outfits in to parts now. At this point, the best we can hope for is being able to hide gloves and shoulders.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Please convert town clothes, costumes, endless tonics, and costume brawl items into outfits. They take up bag space or bank space and never seem available when I want without rooting around for them, sometimes between characters.

Posted by: NovaZephyr.1293

NovaZephyr.1293

Then they should make it compatible instead of being lazy. They made it incompatible by not making it adjust to the armour classes. It’s lazy design and lazy coding. Hiding shoulders and gloves isn’t good enough. They should have never made outfits in the first place if they weren’t going to make it so we could mix and match. Whoever made that decision should have been slapped on the hand and told no. We already have a plethora of tonics that take up bag space, if they were going to pull that stunt they should have just made them tonics or make tonics into outfits. I’m well aware of the ‘reasons’ why they made outfits, and from day one since outfits were released I’ve been against them.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Then they should make it compatible instead of being lazy. They made it incompatible by not making it adjust to the armour classes. It’s lazy design and lazy coding. Hiding shoulders and gloves isn’t good enough. They should have never made outfits in the first place if they weren’t going to make it so we could mix and match. Whoever made that decision should have been slapped on the hand and told no. We already have a plethora of tonics that take up bag space, if they were going to pull that stunt they should have just made them tonics or make tonics into outfits. I’m well aware of the ‘reasons’ why they made outfits, and from day one since outfits were released I’ve been against them.

So you are suggesting that they rework all 3 armor weights and all the armor in the game to make them compatible across all the classes and then rework the outfits so that they are now armor?

Or are you suggesting they stop making outfits, which many like, buy and use and has it’s own niche place in the game and only make armor?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)