[Suggestion]spirit shards from level up

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Seriously, I feel it’s far harder to get spirit shards nowadays. Can we get spirit shards from leveling up a lvl 80 character?

Posted by: Artanis.4963

Artanis.4963

When the expansion hits, only characters level 1 through 79 will be able to level up.

You can get three per day from the dailies, and they drop from mobs and in are champion boxes. Frankly I find this to be faster than the old acquisition method.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The problem is after the expansion is released level 80 characters will be training masteries as they ‘level up’ instead of just getting XP that goes no where.

So they’d either have to add this in and then remove it in a few months time, or force players to choose between getting a mastery or getting a spirit shard. I think both of those would annoy people more than living with XP going to waste until the expansion is released.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I am not even sure what to do with them. I do not forge legendaries and I think the only time I have talked to whasername at the mystic forge was to see if there was anything good in the offered stuff.

Posted by: SkullProX.7083

SkullProX.7083

How about once you maxed your mastery out, you can go back to level up and get the spirit shards? Idk why is that so hard to make for anet…

Posted by: magestik.4132

magestik.4132

Mastery if they are well made shouldn’t be maxed out.
It’s a way to have always new stuff to discovered, new powerto unlock, so if we mnage to max out all mastery it would be boring.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I am not even sure what to do with them. I do not forge legendaries and I think the only time I have talked to whasername at the mystic forge was to see if there was anything good in the offered stuff.

You could make some of the mystic forge exotics with their custom skins. You might even win some money out of the trade allowing you to get gold for your spirit shards.

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

The new acquisition method is complete crap, I used to be able to get 30 skill points a day without even trying that hard. Yet another reason I progressively care less and less about the game.

Menadena.7482

You could make some of the mystic forge exotics with their custom skins. You might even win some money out of the trade allowing you to get gold for your spirit shards.

Skins?

At 900+ I figure I may as well go for the 1,000. While there are still some to get they are all several gold (annoying for something I will just toss in the mystic toilet and some I can not even do that with).

Menadena.7482

Hmm, I looked on the wiki and none of the forge recopies listed the shards.

stof.9341

Skins?

At 900+ I figure I may as well go for the 1,000. While there are still some to get they are all several gold (annoying for something I will just toss in the mystic toilet and some I can not even do that with).

Basically, Mystic Forge recipes that use the Eldritch Scroll which costs 50 spirit shards : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eldritch_Scroll

You should be able to sell those for more they cost you to make since one of the components is the untradable spirit shards.

Menadena.7482

Thanks. I probably will just toss them in the forge after unlocking the skin as that would make it account bound.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

How about once you maxed your mastery out, you can go back to level up and get the spirit shards? Idk why is that so hard to make for anet…

^ This.

At the moment it is really bad since all the level ups vanish into nowwhere and if you
don’t farm champs or chests you get no new shards.

Yeah … 3 for daily .. IF you do the daily .. however before i got maybe 10+ each day
from levels now i mostly do daily every second day or so.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

stof.9341

You also get them as random loot from mobs. It only shows on the right though since they are automatically added to your wallet.

Beldin.5498

You also get them as random loot from mobs. It only shows on the right though since they are automatically added to your wallet.

Yeah .. i have gotten ONE so far since the patch from a regular mob.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

stof.9341

The point is that it’s very easy to miss when you get one. Are you sure you only got one ever?

Beldin.5498

Of course not 100% sure, but normally i always have a look at the loot on the left
side of the screen, and so far i only once saw a spirit shard there when i killed
a spider in Dredgehaunt Cliffs.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I’m mostly unhappy that they prematurely took away the reward for leveling past 80 (the expansion isn’t here yet). They didn’t replace it with anything else, they just completely removed it.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Hmm, I looked on the wiki and none of the forge recopies listed the shards.

The shards are used to buy stuff from Miyani, who sells things that are mandatory in nearly all fixed-MF recipes. Stones and crystals for Promotions, bloodstone shard, eldrich scroll, the book items, augur stone….. in one form or another, one of these items is going to be used for crafting.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Of course not 100% sure, but normally i always have a look at the loot on the left
side of the screen, and so far i only once saw a spirit shard there when i killed
a spider in Dredgehaunt Cliffs.

Instead of looking at the loot, which can be missed, why not note down how many spirit shards you have now, play a day or two, then see how many you have. I’m getting several each day.

For an easy ingame way to note. Go to your block list. Select someone who hasn’t been on for a while, like a terminated gold seller account, and put a note on it, such as the date and how many spirit shards you have.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)