[Suggestion] /surrender

[Suggestion] /surrender

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Please allow this to be used in all PvE as well. As I understand the patch notes it currently only works in raids. There have been many times I have been downed with no hope of pulling through and just sit drinking my beer or whatever waiting for the mobs to finish me off. It would be really cool to be able to shorten my ultimate demise and have my finisher complete the task. It might even be something the RP comunity would enjoy.

The Burninator

[Suggestion] /surrender

Posted by: Dixie Cougar.2415

Dixie Cougar.2415

I want this for sPvP too. Seriously, when my team is down 200+ points it’s over and yet tryhards still insist on yelling at me for not trying to cap points anymore. In over 1k games (not that much by some standards, but still) I have never seen any team overcome more than a 150pt deficit. At that point I’m rooting for the other team if only to save time…

(edited by Dixie Cougar.2415)

[Suggestion] /surrender

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I want this for sPvP too. Seriously, when my team is down 200+ points it’s over and yet tryhards still insist on yelling at me for not trying to cap points anymore. In over 1k games (not that much by some standards, but still) I have never seen any team overcome more than a 150pt deficit. At that point I’m rooting for the other team if only to save time…

I don’t PvP much but there have certainly been cases where it was a lost cause and I’m running around thinking, “Just let it end already.” However, I think in the case of PvP it would have to require a vote much like the kick system in dungeons and fractals. In some cases even though it may seem all is lost some players may want to continue on either for practice or for kills or what ever.

Maybe something like, “Surrender has been suggested by a team member. Do you want to surrender to the opposing team? yes/no.” I would also suggest in that case a team member can only suggest surrender once per match to keep people from troll spamming it.

There was a case during one of the esport events where a team or team member rage quit early in a match due to a certain loss. I don’t recall all the details. If they had the opportunity to surrender instead maybe it would have presented better.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

[Suggestion] /surrender

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

You’re still going to actually “play” pvp though. Otherwise they can validly report you on the two new spvp report options- “match manipulation” and “idle player.”

[Suggestion] /surrender

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

You’re still going to actually “play” pvp though. Otherwise they can validly report you on the two new spvp report options- “match manipulation” and “idle player.”

What they are asking for is a graceful end to an obvious conclusion. Most Competitive games have a surrender/concede option. It would be perfectly fine to add it to GW2 pvp if it has some thoughtful restrictions.

Additionally many team based PvP games now have the option to remake a lobby should someone dc before the match start (though with gw2 this might be better if its done in the 30seconds of waiting for players, and be done automatically).

[Suggestion] /surrender

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

I have seen those games. Yes its possible. Sometimes they are close and end with 495:500, but sometimes end with a 100pt deficit in the opposite direction. Everything is possible if your team keeps trying. You lost in the moment where the other team reaches 500 points and in some situations maybe a bit earlier. But you don’t have lost just because the other team has 100-200 points more than yours.