Suggestion to balance Conditions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheMaskedGamer.5708

TheMaskedGamer.5708

Conditions are really good in this game. So good in fact that sometimes removing them can a real pain, especially if you are being attacked by multiple enemies that apply and keep stacking them on top of you. The thing is that despite the fact that you remove the conditions, you are still open to more conditions that are being spammed on top of you like a machinegun.

My suggestion to balance this overwhelming situation is that after you remove some conditions or all conditions applied to you by your enemies, the remover receives a small window of invulnerability so protect them from the condi shower, something like 2 seconds only. This way, players being attacked get a small window to be safe, and forces attacking players to time their Condi Application instead of relentlessly spamming them on top of the victim.

Basically the invulnerability prevents others conditions to be added on the player and prevents remaining conditions from stacking for 2 seconds. If the time is too long, I’m fine with even 1 3/4 of a second, but no more than 3. Hope this helps.

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

Sooo you want berserkers stance on condi removal?Way too op.

TheMaskedGamer.5708

Its not OP if its a few seconds, Im saying between 1 or 2 seconds only. The Stance lasts 8 secs.

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

Conditions are really good in this game. So good in fact that sometimes removing them can a real pain, especially if you are being attacked by multiple enemies that apply and keep stacking them on top of you. The thing is that despite the fact that you remove the conditions, you are still open to more conditions that are being spammed on top of you like a machinegun.

My suggestion to balance this overwhelming situation is that after you remove some conditions or all conditions applied to you by your enemies, the remover receives a small window of invulnerability so protect them from the condi shower, something like 2 seconds only. This way, players being attacked get a small window to be safe, and forces attacking players to time their Condi Application instead of relentlessly spamming them on top of the victim.

Basically the invulnerability prevents others conditions to be added on the player and prevents remaining conditions from stacking for 2 seconds. If the time is too long, I’m fine with even 1 3/4 of a second, but no more than 3. Hope this helps.

I’ll bite.

Can we then have a “small window” of invulnerability from direct damage spam after it gets applied as well?

Some people <boggle>……..

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

TheMaskedGamer.5708

No, no, no. You are still open for Direct Damage, the small 1 or 2 second invulnerabilty is for conditions only.

Azreell.1568

No, no, no. You are still open for Direct Damage, the small 1 or 2 second invulnerabilty is for conditions only.

I was being sarcastic.

Your idea has absolutely no merit.

You do realize if multiple people using direct damage attack you – You will die far quicker then multiple people applying conditions on you.

So then why would you request immunity from conditions?

What I see here is you want a personal defense against conditions while leaving direct damage alone because that apparently is your play style.

Poorly thought out idea.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

TheMaskedGamer.5708

I play multiple styles, but I noticed that if I try to remove conditions from myself and allies, conditions that I’ve removed are immediately placed back as if nothing happened. I want condition removal to be just a little more effective. Gives me and my friends a small breathing room from the spam. From both PvE enemies and players alike.

Azreell.1568

I play multiple styles, but I noticed that if I try to remove conditions from myself and allies, conditions that I’ve removed are immediately placed back as if nothing happened. I want condition removal to be just a little more effective. Gives me and my friends a small breathing room from the spam. From both PvE enemies and players alike.

How is that any different then Direct Damage?

Thus why your idea is flawed.

Generally speaking Direct damage applies pressure far faster and more severe then conditions can due to the fact conditions “tick” and direct damage is instant.

Horrible idea.

Most players familiar with game mechanics would prefer 10 stacks of anything ticking on them vs 10 people swinging hammers or swords on them.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None