Suggestion to create new interest in GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khazik.8052

Khazik.8052

Hello, I have a suggestion to spark new interest in GW2, for new players, veteran players, and for the ‘alt-o-holics’ like myself.

My Suggestion: Order specific ‘Mysteries’. The different orders pride themselves on their specific niche they fulfill to protect Tyria. The Priory researches a threat to find a weakness to exploit, The Order of Whispers uses guile and deception to infiltrate and exploit a weakness, and the Vigil prefers their prowess in open combat to assault the enemy until they crack. Each order would have their own mystery that would relate to events in the Living Story, Dungeon Lore, Personal Stories, or general GW2 lore.

Edit Mysteries to be completed as Weekly ‘quests’ or twice a week due to the number of tasks required, rather one-time deals. I’m talking about something repeatable every week or done twice a week at most here.

Examples:

Whispers: The player would overhear a conversation in the Order’s headquarters, containing information that would lead the player to chase the ‘rumor’, leading the player to Queensdale, particularly to the farms. The player could converse or overhear conversation of those working the farms which would lead to the discovery of different construction methods for the sprinkler systems used. There could be 8 sprinklers on one farm and 7 on another. The anomalous sprinkler could be interacted with to wet the ground and reveal a buried note, left by the author ‘“just in case”. The note could contain information pertaining to the construction of the sewer system in Divinity’s Reach. The player would use this information to discover a back entrance, created by the co-designer of the sprinkler systems, used by enemy agents to steal food and supplies for their faction. The player could team up with fellow players in the Order of Whispers and infiltrate the backdoor, disguised as the enemy faction as to not spark alarm; doing so would result in the players being mobbed or killed. Ultimately ending in a fight with the co-designer himself and the leader of the faction, gaining prestige within the Order of Whispers, and Divinity’s Reach.

Priory: The player would be tasked with a mundane and routine research assignment requested from one of the main cities, being sent to a field in the Iron Marches. After recovering some artifacts, the player discovers an artifact not native to the area, resonating with dragon magic. The artifact is taken to the priory headquarters where the player would use an array of testing techniques (many) to determine behavior and origination of the artifact. Upon completion, the player would learn the artifact is also imbued with the same magic as artifacts from the city of Orr! The player would start in the Straights of Devastation, then onto Malchor’s Leap, searching the over-run and collapsed ruins of the ancient city. Discovery of artifacts along the way lead the player to realize they’re from a ship long crashed along the southern area of the Cursed Shore. The player would discover they require the assistance of 4 others from the Priory, to enter the ship (guarded by undead) and acquire the last artifact needed to complete a complex puzzle, which the player and their cohorts would solve (5 required players to solve) at the Priory’s headquarters, by directing beams of light off mirrors to open the final artifact. Completing this earns the player and their cohorts prestige among the Priory and the city that sent the research request.

I’ll leave it to the dev’s to determine any ‘tangible’ rewards such as armor, weapons, crafting mats, recipes, skill advances in professions, or multiples there of, etc… The mysteries would follow existing lore, and could help piece together any real mysteries in the lore itself (I don’t know the lore…). The above examples is to get the dev’s thinking in the suggestion’s direction.

I believe not only would this spark new interest in the game, but in the lore itself and help to make the game more Interactive, given the current platform. Let me know what y’all think!

“No valid path to target” – Thief life (Dragonbrand)

(edited by Khazik.8052)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khazik.8052

Khazik.8052

well not all at once now >.<

“No valid path to target” – Thief life (Dragonbrand)