Suggestion to dev: Loot . . Loot everywhere~!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sealreth.1425

Sealreth.1425

Hello,

GW2 has a slight issue that I think is actually really stressing out players, especially new once….

and that is the overflowing amount of clutter from loot…… bags get full in 10 min, where you have to spend 20 min to clean it up again.
GW2 is about playing not reading quest logs or managing your inventory, Since launch the loot keeps increasing and increasing….. this means… the Satisfaction vector of actually getting loot reached the level of oh.. ok cool.. instead of AMAZING! (unless you get a pre-cursor ofc)

Well I got an Idea that might just work.
I was wondering if it is possible or perhaps even already on the agenda…
too add fun-items/cosmetic items such as Tonics, music instruments, other gemstone items into the wardrobe…
And more ways to use bloodstone dust etc. Or at least make it clear there is an item for it to the new players. I think it would really help.

Another Idea is to add Items such as Bandit crests, geonodes, Skeleton keys and alike into the wallet.. just like what happened with the dungeon tokens, and wvw badges.

Don’t get me wrong, I love loot… I just wish I would not need to carry over 100 items with me (such as tonics) That apart from new players thinking like what?! is all this stuff in my inventory, what do I need to do with it!?

Hope This suggestion is appreciated

S-

PS: This picture shows the story of GW2 loot, There…. might be some use for this item eventually….

Attachments:

Sethy Alre [Main: Thief, 19 Characters] -
[TSP] The Shadow Phantoms – Guild master
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Sealreth.1425)

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Item glut is an issue that appears to be growing

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

This is something that has been brought up by a LOT of people for a LONG time. It’s very curious that they seem to want to increase the amount of clicking and junk despite this. Seems like it would be a very easy fix, just stop doing it.

Posted by: IEximius.9204

IEximius.9204

This is something i’ve known for a long time, however got put into perspective for me as of recently.

I farmed for a week in the silverwastes and ended up with 1,000 champion bags, plus 500 more of other bags. I opened them all up the other day and It took me literally 2 hours to open them all, sort, salvage, and sell everything.

My hand was so incredibly tired, and while I did manage to get a good bit of cash/luck from it all, it didn’t feel on par with the amount of work I had to put into it to get it.

I wasn’t even close to a legendary with what I opened from 1500 bags. I am not saying by any means legendaries should only take a week to farm, however the scale and number of bags if you think about it, is horrifying.

Lets say opening those 1500 bags gave me 50-75g, and a full legendary cost about 2500. Id have to open bags for a good 70 hours ( thats just OPENING the bags) before I could afford a legendary. And my calcuation was based on 75g out of 1500 bags, which is nowhere near close, just a generous estimation.

We really need a reduction on loot in this game, there is so much trash that drops, its not fun, and its very tiring.

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

We really need a reduction on loot in this game, there is so much trash that drops, its not fun, and its very tiring.

The complete and utter worthlessness of “low end” gear is crazy too. Blues and greens are synonymous with white and junk items. They are ALL junk.

But I am curious OP, how many exotics did you actually get? The rng is still so incredibly low its crazy how few exotics one person loots in the course of the game, and even those are not worth much.

IEximius.9204

The complete and utter worthlessness of “low end” gear is crazy too. Blues and greens are synonymous with white and junk items. They are ALL junk.

But I am curious OP, how many exotics did you actually get? The rng is still so incredibly low its crazy how few exotics one person loots in the course of the game, and even those are not worth much.

I believe out of 1500 bags, I got about 10-15, I know I got several Truth axes and those were the only memorable exotics. The rest were mostly exotic armor pieces, which were sub 1g a piece.
This is the first time I had opened so many bags, and haven’t been playing for awhile. I have heard people go a long time without seeing exotics. After I would clear my inventory I would have about 50-60 slots avaliable and fairly consistently I would expect to see an exo or two, however nothing beyond special and nothing to excite my interest of course. After its all said and done, I am certain the regular materials, silk, orichaclum etc netted me more value.

I honestly did not record anything that came out of those bags as a whole to predetermine an estimation of what I made, however I know my 75g speculation was far far FAR beyond what I actually made.

Posted by: Sealreth.1425

Sealreth.1425

Well RNG depends really a lot on magic find, content and other factors. (I got 170% mf).. If I play regular pve/wvw/pvp lets just estimate if I play 2 hour a day (which is terribly low for me) I get 1 a week at least. ofc I play much more then 2 hour a day on average base…. How ever the satisfaction factor is dropping for me unless its a really nice exotic, But most are not even lvl 80 or very useless stats/runes.

Another thing is I think is… loot got much more complicated in terms of values or what you can do with it all (especially to new players)

Sethy Alre [Main: Thief, 19 Characters] -
[TSP] The Shadow Phantoms – Guild master
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Sealreth.1425)

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

At least it isn’t as bad as TERA. There is so much superfluous loot in TERA people literally would rather it rot on the ground than even bother picking it up. How bad do you have to get rewards when people don’t want most of it? GW2 isn’t quite as bad, but it’s pretty close. Useless garbage constantly gets thrown in our bags. The overwhelming majority isn’t even worth good money. Most of the effort of looting goes to sorting through all the trash in hopes of finding something worth more than 50s.

Loot should be exciting and rewarding, not a tedious drudgery that many would avoid if they could.

IEximius.9204

At least it isn’t as bad as TERA. There is so much superfluous loot in TERA people literally would rather it rot on the ground than even bother picking it up. How bad do you have to get rewards when people don’t want most of it? GW2 isn’t quite as bad, but it’s pretty close. Useless garbage constantly gets thrown in our bags. The overwhelming majority isn’t even worth good money. Most of the effort of looting goes to sorting through all the trash in hopes of finding something worth more than 50s.

Loot should be exciting and rewarding, not a tedious drudgery that many would avoid if they could.

Tera does also have a lot of useless loot, however it doesnt take a lot of sorting, mainly just selling, and I can live with that to be honest. The way gw2 works, i am almost required to salvage each and every item for later use, and depositing and sorting out, and from a QoL standpoint it really really is uncomfortable.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

There is very little actual loot in this game, and it severely affects how I play.

I often avoid random enemies as I travel, as usually there is no reward for fighting them. Same thing with events. Hell, even going into the Grindwastes I have to ask myself “do I really feel up to opening and sorting hundreds of bags for little to no reward?”

Just so much unneeded clicking, which is really my main issue.

Click to get rid of event medals.
Click to open uneeded “reward” chest. Just dump this stuff in my bags.
Click to get rid of the useless “Look what you got!” window. I can see the icons on the right just fine.
Click to open the seventyhundred varieties of loot bag.
Click more for the wonderful containers that have containers in them.
Click many times to salvage most of it, even more so if its yellows.
Click a good number of times to send resulting mats storage to make space, why can I not set my bags to do this automatically yet?
Click lots to use all the luck from said salvaging.
Click to open daily reward bags that contain things that should go right to storage, like laurels and transmute charges.

Way to turn loot into work.

Posted by: RollingBob.8502

RollingBob.8502

Actually, I would be happy if they would simply provide a list of everything that is completely worthless and will never be offered again.

I culd probably empty an entire bank tab if I just had some confirmation that things can be safely dumped. I don’ want anything for it, I’m good with just trashing it. In fact some things I am pretty sure are actually trash at this point, like the orphan letter, etc.

If I just had some confirmation that was the case, i would be cool with it.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Item glut is an issue that appears to be growing

True up to a point but the latest addition to the game is a huge step up if you do it right. In the Silverwastes mobs almost never drop anything and events drop bags that stack to 250, which in spite of being green bags, I’ve noticed to have the same droprate for rares and exotics as traditional drops. I’ve stayed in that area for days without having to sell or WP out as a result.

That is, until you get to the labyrinth, which spams your inventory full of crap faster than anything I’ve ever seen. Which is why I tend to opt out of doing the labyrinth until I have dozens upon dozens of keys built up, the rewards for the labyrinth just aren’t worth the inventory hassle, especially when you can just taxi to a new map and immediately start building up your bag stacks again for pretty much the exact same amount of loot.

(edited by Conncept.7638)