[Suggestion]wecan change skill in combat(cd)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sairing.5832

sairing.5832

we can change skill in combat ,if we use (a) before then change it to (b)?there is skill (a)cd then we can use (b)skill.if didn’t use (a),we can use (b)imdietly.

Posted by: sairing.5832

sairing.5832

this will let gw2 little skill be better

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

The problem with changing skills in combat is that the skills are balanced with the assumption that you can’t do that.

Let’s say you have two elite skills. One is useful pretty much any time you get into a fight, and the other is useful only when you’re outnumbered. Because the second skill is useful less often, they can make it a bit stronger to balance it out. Then, you have to decide between equipping a skill you’ll use more often or a stronger skill you’ll use only once in a while.

If you can change while fighting, then you can just change to the one that’s best for the fight you’re in. They would have to go back through and make some skills a lot weaker to make up for this.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I’m not quite sure what you’re suggesting and others are probably having the same problem. Maybe give a little more explanation?

EDIT: @Palador – are you talking about skills or utils?

(edited by Zoltar MacRoth.7146)

Palador.2170

I’m not quite sure what you’re suggesting and others are probably having the same problem. Maybe give a little more explanation?

As I understand it, the suggestion is to allow skill change in combat as long as the skill is off cooldown. If it’s on cooldown, you can change it but the cooldown remains for the full length of time (change takes effect once cooldown ends).

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

As I understand it, the suggestion is to allow skill change in combat as long as the skill is off cooldown. If it’s on cooldown, you can change it but the cooldown remains for the full length of time (change takes effect once cooldown ends).

I’m still confused. Skills are the things to the left of your health meter, which are related to your profession and weapon. The things to the right of the health meter are the utilities (unless my terminology is way off) which you can select individually, once you’ve unlocked them.

The way you and the OP are talking about skills, it sounds like you’re describing the utilities on the right side of the health meter, rather than the skills on the left. Is that the case?

Palador.2170

The way you and the OP are talking about skills, it sounds like you’re describing the utilities on the right side of the health meter, rather than the skills on the left. Is that the case?

Weapon Skills vs Utility Skills. We’re talking about Utility Skills, yes.

I guess we’re also including Racial Skills and Elite Skills under Utility Skills.