[Suggestions] Gemstore Items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blissified.8369

Blissified.8369

We need more stuff to buy with gems, and less weapon skins locked in rng boxes, but a.net needs to make money,

And i want a.net to succeed, so in order to do so their needs to be more items to be bought in the gem store, i know i would gladly spend more gems if their was some more things in their, the only stuff i like i wont buy because its locked behind low chance rng.

But i feal anet could make way more money off gem store sales if they implemented some of these thngs, even stuff within the same kind of “flavor” as the things im listing.

sell me the female greatsword running animation on a human male character (google the different if you want to see on youtube).

This could be a hit at the gem store, along with much needed deeper character customization.

TL ; DR

• Sell different animations / stances for each weapon* and different idle stances, basicly let us buy and replace animations for gems .they wouldn’t be too hard to introduce and some of the animations are already ingame like the female greatsword running animation
  • Different Finishing Anims on downed state* Edit: Also how bout more interesting finishing moves that actually change the way your character dose the final finishing blow (the defualt is a weird sorta touchdown anim, i want to see EXECUTIONS Head Dismemberment Body exploding (maybe when you hit f on a downed person as an engineer you can buy a finisher animation that shows you putting an explosive inside the enemies body*
  • Sell different voice replacementns* i want atleast 5 different voices that i can replace my human male character with, yeah i know this doesn’t add much but it can give MUCH NEEDED MORE CUSTOMIZATION
  • Endlesss wood cutting axe
  • More Armor / Weapon skins* ones that when you kill a very hard optional boss, you get a chance to get his unique weapon or instead maybe armor.
  • More “Mature” town clothes
  • Endless Wood cutting axe & Endless basic salvage kit (would have to be very expensive)
  • Cantha weapon pack
  • Guild wars 1 weapon pack

- Reserved

Sooo… what do you guys want see to see in the gem store?

I’ll watch for replies and upgrade the list with other good suggested ideas, i believe if a.net sees some of ideas of what us consumers want to buy, they might read some of these ideas and go “why didn’t i think of this”

(edited by Blissified.8369)

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

Guild Wars 1 weapon packs. Anet devs, read this post. I’ll even provide you guys with the gem store write up.

Tyrian Weapon Pack One

Double click to gain access to some of the most sought after skins from the original GW game. This pack includes; Storm bow, Chaos axe, Eternal shield, spikey war hammer etc

Factions Weapon Pack One

Double click to gain access to some of the best Cantha has to offer. This pack includes; Echovald shield, Bladed shield, Ornate shield, Oni blade, Gothic blade etc

Give us these skins and don’t kittenize them like you did with the crystalline blade and tyrian hand axe

Please anet, my money is waiting for you, but not for nonsense like RNG boxes or town clothes. Im a skin kitten and it would please me to no end to have some of my favorite, and im sure other peoples favorites put in the game

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Envoy Scythe for warriors. That is all.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Potion that turns my character into a taco.

The Burninator

Posted by: Mujen.5287

Mujen.5287

I would love to see more finishing animations. Unfortunately the game is rated T so there wouldn’t be many brutal finishers. But things like the ele summoning a giant lightning bolt to destroy there target would be pretty awesome.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

For me, costumes wearable in combat and some of the minipets from Guild Wars 1. I would like to have my Celestial Dragon back.

Posted by: Bri.8354

Bri.8354

I’d like to see more armor, especially some sets from GW1.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I’d like townclothes that aren’t silly. Like the stuff the NPCs wear for example. Definitely a longer skirt for my ladies.

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

Absolutely this.

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

Or a waffle. I definitely prefer a waffle!

More armour sets would be nice though – ones wearable in combat!

Posted by: AesirValkyr.7418

AesirValkyr.7418

Armor skins, lots and lots of armor skins.

Posted by: Killing Joke.4371

Killing Joke.4371

A Clippy mini. With speech bubbles that say “It looks like you’re grinding a legendary, would you like help?”

We aren’t contractually tied down to rationality!

THERE IS NO SANITY CLAUSE!

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

More casual looking armor skins. There’s already a precedent for armor looking like clothing in most of the Light and alot of the Medium armor, so how’d it hurt to throw in some more casual skins people could wear in combat?

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I would like to have the kids of each race available as minis.

I want a cub for my Charr, and I can imagine roleplayers would love the ability to have a child of their race. Though there wouldn’t be one for Sylvari.

But most of all, a race change kit.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

(edited by Naus the Gobbo.5172)

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I am sorry to say that most of the things you want are kinda unrealistic.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

I’d pay twenty bucks to never hear my norn female guardian say “Defense, then offense” ever again.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Umm, you’re going to be hard pressed to convince Anet to put more items into the gemstore that aren’t RNG. I don’t think you people realize that Anet is making more money with RNG than they have just putting skins into the store. People buy the RNG boxes, don’t get what they want, and they instantly buy more so that they will get what they want. (Which almost never happens.) If Anet puts skins in the store, people will buy them and there won’t be that continuous cycle of endless buying and the torment of opening a box only to find that there was a bunch of useless items inside. Anet will essentially lose a lot of money if they put skins in the store that aren’t rng. But if Anet does actually listen to us, I would like to see better weapons/armor skins in the gemstore that look much better than what they currently have.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Stuffed plushy quaggan that talks when you squeeze it.

For my daughter, of course.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Id love transmutation stones that can transmute armour of different armour types.

Instantly open up alot of different skin opportunities and I would pay 800 gems for a pack of 6 to fully skin my characters.

Posted by: Javert.5367

Javert.5367

Tyrian Weapon Pack One

Double click to gain access to some of the most sought after skins from the original GW game. This pack includes; Storm bow, Chaos axe, Eternal shield, spikey war hammer etc

I think I’d pay 800 gems just for the Storm Bow, especially if it was an updated version of it with cooler effects. I really think that should have been the long bow legendary.

If that happened, and then Eles were eventually given a longbow skill set, I’d be the happiest player.

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

^ This.

Threads like this are fun (taco, anyone?), but have no import on future game development. Take a look at the “Suggestions” forum, and tally up how many of those suggestions have made it into the game. Pure win.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Endless axe? That the only one missing atm an endless basic level salvage kit would be nice too. More toys is always fun too.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: spconder.2489

spconder.2489

Transmutations between armor types, even if only for head items.

More hairs and hair colors in the Makover kits.

New Armor and Weapon skins.

New Finishers.

Surely these can’t be as hard as all those friggn’ RNG boxes.

Posted by: A bitz.3825

A bitz.3825

TL ; DR

• Sell different animations / stances for each weapon* and different idle stances, basicly let us buy and replace animations for gems .they wouldn’t be too hard to introduce and some of the animations are already ingame like the female greatsword running animation

Oh I would LOVE this kind of stuff. Things that add more customization always a huge boon to any MMO. Aion had some new running and dodge animations that were so awsome I’d love the same sorta thing in guild wars.

It would need a new UI though to implement an option somewhere to toggle these animation presets on or off and has a slew of other restrictions that’d have to be taken account for (like a new system to implement)so it’d be a huge task if it wasn’t pre planned for the game

I’d buy power customization packs too but then you will hear all the pvpers cry that they can’t tell blue fire from a guardian apart from fire from a warrior or some other rather lame excuse that I am not going to debate. I’d love a emerald colored mesmur power set.

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

permanent out of battle speed booster.

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

New finishing animations would be awesome. But I would like it to be unique and trolly

Blissified.8369

i didnt add power customiaztion packs because it would hurt competetiveness of wvw / pvp because us serious wvw players relie on skill colors to see what character players are, and skill animaions to see what skills.

But things like giving human males the human female greatsword running skin (having held lower at the side) wouldnt impact this, but actual skill telegraphs im not so sure.

but give our “f” finishing moves variety!

think about having mortal combat style downed state finishing moves! theirs already a cooldown, , think about the possibilities!)

Blissified.8369

how so?

I work in the programming industry, never specifically game design, (yet) but i understand game development more then your average person,
i dont see how any of the things i listed are unrealistic.

I specifically only added things that would be possible and not unrealisticly time consuming.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I dont want anything of what you suggested in the gem shop.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

A.N.E.T Commando outfit and mini

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

Posted by: Curtis Johnson

Curtis Johnson

Next

Fun thread.

Keep the talking going folks . Not everything can be done.. but also not everything has been suggested yet. Of course we love to know what you’d love to play.

And we get funny stuff like Taco’s, Waffles, and Clippy. <3

Sylvari kids… quaggan carrying a seed pod?.. just sayin it’s not impossible.

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

immobilize animation that shows spilled bottles of elmer’s glue at the enemy’s feet

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Fun thread.

Keep the talking going folks . Not everything can be done.. but also not everything has been suggested yet. Of course we love to know what you’d love to play.

And we get funny stuff like Taco’s, Waffles, and Clippy. <3

Sylvari kids… quaggan carrying a seed pod?.. just sayin it’s not impossible.

Quaggan with a seed pod as a hat is better.

Or a mushroom ala Mario

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Mystic forge upgrade chance booster…. As much as I think it would be a bs item my ill luck with the forge rng has me at ends and I am grasping at straws now.

Oh and an item that turns off (on my end..like a mute button for specific things) all the blasted noises that other players make with horns, bells, and every other annoying thing that are and will be sold in the shop.

Serenity now~Insanity later

(edited by Essence Snow.3194)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I would like to see more things that aren’t skins. Skins are nice but I only ever wear one at a time, more permanent changes to customization would greatly interest me. Things like:

- Different projectile animations. All my short bows use the same animation, the ability to have more varied animations or sound effects would be something I would purchase. I know it is possible since it has been done with legendaries already.

- Swap handedness. This one is pretty trivial, but i always feel wrong using my right hand as my main hand. Probably too much coding time on this one, but it is something I would purchase as i’m sure lots of other left handed people would as well.

- Minis are fun, I would love to see a whole collection of baby quaggan minis

- Cosmetic mounts. If there is one thing I miss from other MMO’s it is the ability to collect mounts. I sunk 100’s of hours in WoW into obtaining rare and unique mounts. They don’t need to offer any speed advantage, just something to ride on to show off. This would be much better not exclusively in the gem store though. Make them achievement based, dungeon based, event based and gem store based and you’ll bring in even more money.

-Armor is always a win, though I wish more would be added in game, not just through the gem store.

I’m sure there are more, but those things came to mind off the top of my head.

Posted by: CarlCross.8936

CarlCross.8936

I want a eternal vomit tonic like when you eat to much Zhaitaffy.

Posted by: Michael Fejervary.8576

Michael Fejervary.8576

Or a waffle. I definitely prefer a waffle!

More armour sets would be nice though – ones wearable in combat!

Thing is for this they need to introduce a special type of a “PvE Locker” then.

One of the biggest things stopping me from spending gems on costumes, skins, etc is having to juggle all the potential looks, etc. Would be a lot easier if one could put gear in a locker and have it sort to its spot based on the name containing the key part of the skin name regardless of its stats along with just spots to have the special costumes and hats.

Then it would be a matter of having saved armor/town clothes layouts implemented so that one can go to their “PvE Locker” select the saved layout and have it change out and store what your wearing for whats in the layout.

Just those two things in a feasible way being implemented would make me much more interested in buying such items with gems.

As of right now the only clothes type thing I am interested in is getting the “Chef Outfit” for my Norn thief character “Rumblie Nmitumblie” who is a master chef.

Having to worry about where to store it all and having to buy or max out or just have no room left in bank kills it for me.

Posted by: Michael Fejervary.8576

Michael Fejervary.8576

Also, maybe the consideration of an “Oldies” category that once a month or so cycles through older gem items limited or not (at maybe a higher collectors price due to that), because players over time make mistakes that are not always intentional and lose said item, or due to real life and longer breaks may have missed something, etc.

If not by introducing new quantities maybe by allowing a player who may have become bored of said item to put up on the trade post for a price in gems only, and a small % being lost as a tax of some type to arena net.

Just some ideas to consider. Also, if anything the second one would keep items worth more, and may help increase sales if said players buy ahead to anticipate a future profit.

Posted by: Kilaelya.1420

Kilaelya.1420

Why can’t the harvesting tools be a permanent addition? I caved in and bought the harvesting sickle and now my laziness wouldn’t mind getting the mining pick. Maybe for the GW2 year anniversary everything can be put back into the gem store for a short while?

Also, have you guys ever thought about adding a summoning stone to this game for newbies? Like the imp from GW1, but maybe a little less powerful than the imp and not able to tank… rofl. Just a guy that can give out a little auto attack dps, like the dumbed down NPCs during story mode missions. Now that the population is mostly out of the starting/mid range level zones leveling is pretty lonely sometimes.

• Sell different voice replacementns* i want atleast 5 different voices that i can replace my human male character with, yeah i know this doesn’t add much but it can give MUCH NEEDED MORE CUSTOMIZATION

There was a thread about this in the forums during beta. I would love and pay for this option. I can’t stand to play anything besides a human (sorry other races!), but I would like to give my 8 human characters difference voices.

Minara | Ranger | Beastgate | [vR]

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

We still haven’t gotten those tin foil hats!

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Swimsuit. I want Kasmeers swimsuit.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

GUYS! Please use this opportunity to write smart things to add for the BLTC! A Anet employee is paying attention, lets ask for stuff that makes sense!

1- Hi Curtis! Can we have hats please? and hats that do not remove the hair of the characters. Please add a variety of hats to choose from, and nothing too freaky to wear. I myself would give 200$ just for a captains hat (similar to what generals wear in the army). I have spent probably 500$ on this game on gems JUST for vanity, you’ll be impressed what I will do with more options.

2- Can we also have more varieties of clothes, not just trench coats? Something more modern or stylish, not those freaky looking clothes that have one sided sleeves. This also includes boots, sneakers, etc.

3- Can we have different looks for quivers? Im hoping for different colors or such.

ANET, your players are very vain, so take advantage of our vanity and offer us MANY things that can make our characters look unique!

(edited by Aden Celeste.3650)

Posted by: Albert Of Tyria.2149

Albert Of Tyria.2149

More things in the gemstore? pleas anet, go in the opposite way…DELETE THE GEMSTORE; you are focusing to much on the gemstore and not on the permanent content of the game…

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Hahahaha, figures one of the few dev posts is on a thread about adding to the gemstore.

Feel free to stop by the dungeons thread whenever you take a break from adding gemstore items.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

A new dungeon.

15c

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

More things in the gemstore? pleas anet, go in the opposite way…DELETE THE GEMSTORE; you are focusing to much on the gemstore and not on the permanent content of the game…

Funny how the Gemstore is what’s supposed to fuel the the makings of permanent content…like a expansion.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Janson Smalling.1850

Previous

Janson Smalling.1850

Next

Rest assured, we pay attention to all of the threads.

Not every suggestion can be acted on, but we love hearing what you guys like, what you want, and what you don’t want.

And it’s creative community discussion that will make the game better. Not just in the Gem Store, but in all aspects of GW2. So don’t despair; if you bring up valid ideas, we absolutely notice and discuss them! We definitely try to discuss them with you, too!

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

We want fractals fixed and the precursor scav hunt… but since this is a thread about gem store… I want to be able to change my race. What I would give to turn my norn thief into an asuran…

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

We want fractals fixed and the precursor scav hunt… but since this is a thread about gem store… I want to be able to change my race. What I would give to turn my norn thief into an asuran…

GOD, plus 1 FOREVER. I so want to get rid of my charr an switch to something that doesn’t feel like it runs through molasses.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Albert Of Tyria.2149

Albert Of Tyria.2149

Rest assured, we pay attention to all of the threads.

Not every suggestion can be acted on, but we love hearing what you guys like, what you want, and what you don’t want.

And it’s creative community discussion that will make the game better. Not just in the Gem Store, but in all aspects of GW2. So don’t despair; if you bring up valid ideas, we absolutely notice and discuss them! We definitely try to discuss them with you, too!

So i’m try. GW2 is a skins game based. SO why the majority of news skins that you put in the game, were obtainable only through the gemstore? and only 2-3 skins were putted in the game…considering that these skins were temporary skins limit to the time of the event. This means = NO permanent new skins in the game (except fractal weapons and other 1-2 weapons…0 ARMORS) after 1 year. And i repeat…this is a skin game based…as far as i’m concerned. Can you explain me this? and can you give us some info on what you are planning about skins aspect?