[Suggestions] Gemstore Items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I want Marjory’s weapon skins back ;(

Marjory’s weapon skins were back not long ago, so don’t hold your breath on them reappearing very soon.

qqqqqq I was away on a trip.

Posted by: CVSDawg.2915

CVSDawg.2915

I think there’s many players like me who have returned recently and have missed many gem store items that they would throw money at their screen to get and I think two of the top items are:
Hood of Grenth
Rox’s Quiver
Probably some of the coolest skins out there and I’m so sad I missed it as I’ve been gone.
(Returned player and loving the game->would also love to see these skins come back)
Pretty sure the cash would roll in just for these 2 items

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

Permanent Teleport to Friend contract.. Plz & thanks

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Hall of Monuments Upgrade to be Royal Terrace/Captain’s Airship equivalent. Would be awesome if one’s account was upgraded, not the portal stone, so all characters can access it with their (old)portal stone without passing one around.

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I’m not a major supporter of outfits, though I do have a couple, but I would really like a nice one that is designed for the charr first. What do I mean by this? Well many, if not all, outfits are designed on a human model first and then adapted to fit the other races. Unfortunately this leaves a LOT to be desired for other races… particularly charr.

Would it be too much to ask if for once they reversed that level of care and showed the charr form some respect? If they did and then adapted it onto the other races, I think it could still look great regardless. (Minus kitten where a tail should be, right? )

If its not a giant clipping issue then its a charr wrapped up in a dress — two things I just can’t stand.

So if any ArenaNet designer is listening — I’d pay for an outfit that was made primarily for Charr first, other races second. Doubt it’ll happen…. but I can dream.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Scaredycat.7153

Scaredycat.7153

It’s spring, totally time to see the rabbit ears back in the gemstore.
Throws money at screen*

Posted by: PartyPanda.1960

PartyPanda.1960

So my gemstore Suggestion if it has not been mentioned before is the option to buy a Race Change Potion, you can do gender/name and style so why not change your race too? Id pay for this!!!

Gender and name are not tied into your story choices. Each character’s story up until you permanently join an order is dependent on what race you chose in the beginning and the choices you made while creating the character. There will likely never be a race change option, because it would basically either have to make you completely reset personal story or your story would be all messed up. Just buy a new slot, make a new character.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Any chance you guys ever going to make Quaggan/Skritt/Hylek Tonics that work like the Watchknight Tonic and can jump/fight? :o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: bobjoelol.5163

bobjoelol.5163

Be nice to actually get more bag slots to be sold to us. Or the other 2 watchwork tools. We just got another bank slot why not another bag slot or 2 \ o/ is much needed not enough inventory space as is :P or maybe 30-40 slot bags Hmmmm?

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Anet pls bring back Executioner outfit

Posted by: Regh.8649

Regh.8649

• Ammunition backpack skin
  • Bagpipe

Posted by: Tink.9486

Tink.9486

Bring back Rox’s Quiver! You brought the Lich outfit back, which I got last Halloween, now I just need a quiver for my poor ranger! Also add more armor/weapon skins, there has not been nothing new in a long time and I bought gems and im just looking at them!!

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/101077/1935565-mighty_thor__4___page_7.jpg

wings like this would be awesome for a back armor model.

whats your thoughts?

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

He looks weirdly Mursaat-like in that picture…

…actually, some kind of golden metal wings like that, Mursaat-style, would be really cool… gimme!

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

As a general rule I approve of more choices.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I’d like to see wings that fold up when your char isn’t moving but flap when you do. Tricky to do I suppose

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

whats your thoughts?

That I really wish the “simple character model” feature would hide backpacks and weapon skins, like it hides everything else. Then people could have a real size Karka Queen attached to their backs but it wouldn’t bother those who don’t wan’t to see it.

(Oh, and while we’re at it, please give us a way to remove the sound from the annoying Slaver-Tron backpack. I wish it were under the same volume slider as players’ instruments.)

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Then people could have a real size Karka Queen attached to their backs but it wouldn’t bother those who don’t wan’t to see it.

You’ve got… kinda of a… stuck.. it’s… licking… no, nevermind. I just hope you’re happy together.

Admit it. The image is terrifying.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

1. Not gonna happen.
2. Keep dreaming
3. The black wings from the gemstore sale was part of the Raiment of the Lich costume back in gw1, they ddnt just make those wings for no apparent reason, the just decided to make it 2 different prodcuts possibly to increase sales, which im sure it did.
4. Releasing more wings that have no whatsoever history lore wise in the game would not make any sense unless anet becomes a cash cow company; every released gemstore item either has some lore background behind it or was part of a living story update, and other items that just share a gw2 theme.
5. But it cant hurt to keep dreaming your super duper fantasy armor with wings.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

(edited by J envy.5270)

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

1. Not gonna happen.
2. Keep dreaming
3. The black wings from the gemstore sale was part of the Raiment of the Lich costume back in gw1, they ddnt just make those wings for no apparent reason, the just decided to make it 2 different prodcuts possibly to increase sales, which im sure it did.
4. Releasing more wings that have no whatsoever history lore wise in the game would not make any sense unless anet becomes a cash cow company; every released gemstore item either has some lore background behind it or was part of a living story update, and other items that just share a gw2 theme.

1. You don’t know that.
2. Great minds always dream.
3. Who cares? What does it matter?
4. So many gemstore items make no sense lore-wise. Who cares? Also the gemstore is already Anet’s cash cow.
5. Indeed. A lot of people dreamed to get angel wings in this game and we got them. Next step: white angel wings and then maybe OP’s idea.

PS: Have a pic of my warrior with wings (without the Lich outfit):

Attachments:

(edited by LucosTheDutch.4819)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I don’t want to see anymore wings.

Seeing all the hideous black feathered wings ingame is dreadful enough as it is.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

the armor look nice to but … super bulky being squishy due how game works…. lold

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

No more gigantic back skins please… Or at least give us an option to toggle those off.

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

I don’t understand why people like the flying monkey costume so much.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

So OP wants to looks like a metallic space butterfly? Yeah, no thanks.

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

I don’t understand why people like the flying monkey costume so much.

Even those wings would be an improvement since they move.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

yes please i would love to have more variety of wings, but it would be better if the wings moved like wings and not jiggle side to side when the character runs

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

1. Not gonna happen.
2. Keep dreaming

1. You don’t know that.
4. So many gemstore items make no sense lore-wise. Who cares? Also the gemstore is already Anet’s cash cow.
5. Indeed. A lot of people dreamed to get angel wings in this game and we got them. Next step: white angel wings and then maybe OP’s idea.

PS: your wings look butt ugly dont match the armor but sure enjoy.
12345. I know what i said i know it, it matters, gudlck with your white wings. #moresalt

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

1. Not gonna happen.
2. Keep dreaming

1. You don’t know that.

PS: your wings look butt ugly dont match the armor but sure enjoy.
12345. I know what i said i know it, it matters, gudlck with your white wings. #moresalt

Man, you so salty, I think his warrior looks great

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

The black wings are NOT Angel wings. We SHOULD get “nice” Angel wings now that they’ve introduced all the dark, goth, blah blah, crud ones. The ones the OP is suggesting should be done too.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I’d like to see wings that fold up when your char isn’t moving but flap when you do. Tricky to do I suppose

Indeed. They would just have to add different animations:

• Default behavior when casting skills, using emotes, and whatnot: Your wings softly flap.
  • Standing/idle: You float VERY SLIGHTLY over the ground while your wings softly flap.
  • Moving: Same as above, but slightly quicker flapping.
  • Jumping: You kind of swoop into a direction having your wings more tight.
  • After-jump landing/falling: You open your wings wide open while landing/falling, and your wings slowly flap because of friction against the air.

Additional/optional:

• Dodging: Dashes towards a direction with your wings more tight (somehow like jumping), in an elegant maneuver (or at least in a way that makes sense). Asura animations could be very awesome as they have funny movements (think swirling towards a direction!).

Difficulties:

• A handful of new animations to be added, it surely WILL take a lot of work from the devs, which they unfortunately don’t seem to be able to spend right now (or in a foreseable future).
  • Transitioning between animations is already bugged sometimes (when blinking for example, animation won’t reset and you stand idle, or when falling and you drag your face against the ground).

Plus:

• Most of us will love it, and intelligent people who don’t like will simply ignore.
  • China players will love it because Aion, Lineage, etc. lol
Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

(edited by Valento.9852)

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Great idea, then let’s get butterfly wings, and eagle wings, and buffalo wings, every sodding kind of wings you can imagine, oh screw it why don’t we just transition the game into Aion Wars 2 while we’re at it??

How about no to more ugly wings and instead we get some more inspired pieces…

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Judges.4527

Judges.4527

I think it’s cool that there are really cool skins that come to the gem store for a limited time. But for those of us who missed a sale, it would be nice to be able to access the same skin as other players albeit maybe through a more difficult means. Maybe they could be account bound world boss drops?

Also, could you please consider making some of the cooler skins more like end game gear skins instead of pay to look cool skins. Everybody in Lions arch has those black wings which makes them feel far less special/cool. Also, a lot of the end game skins right now are really lackluster compared to some of the newer skins released after launch.

Posted by: PaperJax.1954

PaperJax.1954

I agree with this too. I came back to the game after a long break and found that I had missed one of the best, in my opinion, weapon skin sets to date. (Dreamthistle)

Now if I want one of these elusive skins I would have to conjure up 800g+ for one on the TP.

I wouldn’t mind if they kept them as black lion ticket rewards, cause that way they aren’t going to be flooding the market and it would be something nice to work towards through black lion chests.

On the chests note, I do wish the keys were a smidgen cheaper >.<

Elementary, my dear Holmes, you drink tea, while I drink Red Bull.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Well, I dislike exclusivity in general, especially as (in this case) the price of discontinued skins is insane on the TP and that is due to the exclusivity brought about by their discontinuation.

Anything over about 80g is way too much for a weapon skin, in my view, as that is about £8.00

It would be better to keep them all available in the gemstore and just keep adding to them, IMO.

As it is, there’s really not much choice, even including the (now) 800g+ ones and when you subtract them from the equation, which most people presumably do, the choice is actually very small.

I agree that if they were also, albeit fairly rarely, available via drops that would be a good thing, as it would mean players without RL cash still had a chance of getting them.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

PaperJax.1954

Exactly, I feel like I’m completely missing out with no way to ever get or experience that part of the game ever again.
I already feel that way about some of the Living World Season 1 stuff that I missed :C

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I agree that everything that was in the Gem Store (or Black Lion Chests) should come back, at least periodically. Maybe have a few returning items each month, and it can just cycle through all of them and then start over.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Centurion.7296

Centurion.7296

Bring back the Bunny Ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I think old things have been brought far too many times already.

Kima & Co

PaperJax.1954

I agree that everything that was in the Gem Store (or Black Lion Chests) should come back, at least periodically. Maybe have a few returning items each month, and it can just cycle through all of them and then start over.

Yea, if they did seasonal changes, that would allow people who previously missed out to get something they really want.

Bring back the Bunny Ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m really REALLY hoping for this too!! I missed out last time! :C

Posted by: Katrina.1039

Katrina.1039

I think old things have been brought far too many times already.

The bunny ears have never been brought back a second time, yet they have the fuzzy animal hats and those masks in there permanently…

Posted by: cpt faboulous.8534

cpt faboulous.8534

you should totally add a mini centaur to the gemstore called David Hasselhoof

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Unlimited use Transmutation Stone.

Poll made: http://www.poll-maker.com/results275672xCB1C4F07-10

Thread discussing this item: Unlimited Transmutation Stone

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Roda.7468

Roda.7468

Bring back Rox’s Quiver! You brought the Lich outfit back, which I got last Halloween, now I just need a quiver for my poor ranger! Also add more armor/weapon skins, there has not been nothing new in a long time and I bought gems and im just looking at them!!

How about a 5 gem simple quiver skin.
Nothing fancy, just some arrows in a leather tube on your back.

You know, so we don’t want to spend a fortune on an ascended back piece for our level 20 ranger/thief who, every time they fire, reaches back for an arrow that is not there.

Posted by: Dawsy.2309

Dawsy.2309

I would absolutely love a cyborg ninja outfit / armor skin that looks like the Raiden armor from Metal gear rising. It would feel awesome to be running around as a thief looking like that. I would pay so much lol.

Pretty please?

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

more gw1 skins like 15k platemail or eternal blade

Posted by: Reinhard.8947

Reinhard.8947

A playable violin.

The only thing that has kept me from trying out the playable instruments so far is that my beloved instrument isn’t included.

My sylvari would look so elegant playing Boccherini or Mozart in the Grove, and there’s all those Irish fiddle tunes, too, just crying out for dancing. Please make it so!

(One caveat: please find a real violinist to play the samples for the in-game violin. Synthesized violins sound horrible. I’m sure someone at ANet has Itzhak Perlman’s home number.)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Perlman? Bah! Joshua Bell is where it’s at! (Ok, I’m biased, he’s both cute and closely tied to the area where I live. Perlman’s fantastic too). ANet probably has an in-house violinist since they’ve been using live recordings for game music lately.

I’d like a violin in game even though I can’t play any of the instruments worth a darn because surprise, RL complete lack of musical talent does translate into game skill. So long as it sounds good and lets you draw out the notes. Pizzicato isn’t the way to go.

Posted by: Reinhard.8947

Reinhard.8947

Donari, I agree – Joshua Bell is awesome. And he certainly is easy on the eyes. And he’s quite the versatile violinist; his bluegrass album, Short Trip Home, is great.

If ANet keeps adding instruments, we might be able to have an entire in-game orchestra. I don’t know if it’s possible to play in a group like in LOTRO, but it would be really neat to be able to do.

Posted by: Riko.1309

Riko.1309

90% of these suggestions should be IN the game not IN the gem store.

Jacquie – Elementalist – Tarnished Coast