[Suggestions] Gemstore Items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: moonlitlullaby.2856

moonlitlullaby.2856

please please pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bring back bunny ears?

The first time I saw them in August I really wanted them, found out they were a town clothes item from before I even really played, and got sad.

So I did the only sensible thing there was to do: I waited patiently for 8 months for Easter, and made sure I was online every day during the weekend in case they came. They didn’t. Now I’m writing my first forum post ever to practically beg for them to go into the store, but I’m worried; I can’t be on every day, I won’t know when they come out, and, if they do come out I’ll probably miss them.

They’re just bunny ears, yeah. But it was heart crushing to wait 8 months for them, literally… To not see any mention about them, or even Easter.

i . i

Posted by: Black.2150

Black.2150

Hats that don’t make my character go bald.

I am aware of the complications but hear me out. What I’m asking for is for them to at least add a default hairstyle that would appear as part of the given hat. Yes, it could be completely different to your current hairstyle but its better than (literal) nothing. Similar to how outfits work in that they just overwrite a look but not really changing it. Heck if it was possible to add say, 5 styles of the hat (with each different hairstyles to accompany it) I’d be all up for that too even if you had to purchase each separately.

Posted by: tasha.4176

tasha.4176

Gaile, please answer. I see you responding in other threads except here. I would REALLY like to know if we can get these. I’ve been so hype for them and feeling a little sad about the lack okittennowledgment in this thread. This is a highly desired item for me considering I passed the opportunity to grab them while they were town clothes, that and I still wasn’t fully immersed in Gw2 yet. I’m dying to get my hands on these, ever since the wardrobe change. PLEASE. Please. please. Gaile. Tell me, are we going to get these?

Lol. Edit? I’m a little confused at the kitten filter on a real word that isn’t a bad word? hum.

Posted by: PinkiePie.3618

PinkiePie.3618

:c please bring back the bunny ears <3!

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

They can fill the gemstore will all sorts of freshly made garbage, but they can’t be bothered to sell something people are actually asking for. Which they’ve already made.

Obviously, too many repeats and they will get “ANet never produces anything new.” and “Waaaaah, I don’t feel special anymore, because noobs can now also get my precious [insert temporarily unavailable item here].” comments.

But, it would seem the obvious answer to the former complaint (the latter one should always just be totally ignored) is to add a bit more room to the gemstore, so you can offer both, at the same time.

I was kind of hoping they would reintroduce the baby animal minis for Easter, but no.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: quagganzilla.6450

quagganzilla.6450

I would love to see many of the old items come back, make it so Anet!!!!

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

I would just like to get a response on whether they are coming back any time soon or not…

At this point i wouldnt really mind hearing no, bc at least its an answer

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I would just like to get a response on whether they are coming back any time soon or not…

Gaile already stated that she relays the info to the gem store team. She also stated that usually gem store items rotate in and out of the store occasionally.

Until now Anet never announced which gem store items will go on sale in the future and when and they certainly wont do it for bunny ears.

Gotta keep you logging in and check the gem store every day.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: quagganzilla.6450

quagganzilla.6450

Agreed

Gaile already stated that she relays the info to the gem store team. She also stated that usually gem store items rotate in and out of the store occasionally.

For other items this is true, but this is not the case for the Bunny ears, Aviator glasses and a few others.
For some reason they never come back unlike most items.

That’s probably why people get obsessive about the Bunny ears. Not just because they’re adorable.

Posted by: Cerpin.9152

Cerpin.9152

Yeah, the frustrating thing about this is, that it feels like the person(s) in charge of the gemstore just don’t realize that this would be a very profitable option for a sale.
There couldn’t really be any other reason.
I know Gaile said she could ask, but she didn’t say that she did ( sorry, if I am a bit pessimistic here ).

Makes me wonder how much the gemstore team is in touch with the playerbase or even the rest of Anet…
It’s not just the bunny ears : Feedback about the gemstore releases has been increasingly negative lately and it’s not just the usual complainers – people feel that there is a decline in quality.

I just wonder, if these things matter to them or if it’s just a “as long you bring in enough money, do what you want” kind of deal from Anet’s side.

Posted by: nec.5476

nec.5476

Maybe they’re keeping it a surprise?!!?!!

Although most likely its not coming…otherwise that_shaman would have found something for it.

that_shaman wouldn’t find anything new because the bunny ears item is already in the client, since players that bought them first time around still have access to them.

Nyx.7342

Maybe they’re keeping it a surprise?!!?!!

Although most likely its not coming…otherwise that_shaman would have found something for it.

that_shaman wouldn’t find anything new because the bunny ears item is already in the client, since players that bought them first time around still have access to them.

Yeah but sometimes he finds banners for the new items. Like for the rainbow unicorn finisher and the balthazar outfit he found the banner art for the gem store. I figured if they would release it he might find the advertisement art for the bunny ears as well.

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Does anyone know why should I buy Balthazar’s Outfit when I can’t preview it properly? With Dyes…
Seriously… but since it’s an outfit, maybe I should INSTANT SKIP!

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You can preview it with dyes. Use the item code available from Dulfy, open the TP, pick dyes, preview them.

Or is this a suggestion for a change to the Gem Store UI to put in an integrated dye preview? Since that would make it appropriate to this thread (and also be a good idea).

RoyalPredator.9163

True that, there is a code in the datamine-section. Not in the release post.
I don’t think it’s normal tho – to get the preview codes & informations outside of offical GW2 range…

Posted by: Ian.1349

Ian.1349

Arenanet please bunny ears. I want to be kawaii. Thank you.

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

A playable violin.

+1

I’d want it just so I could pull it out and play whenever people start QQing in chat. Yes…. Yes, I would do that.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

True that, there is a code in the datamine-section. Not in the release post.
I don’t think it’s normal tho – to get the preview codes & informations outside of offical GW2 range…

can’t you switch the costume in the costume-section of your character and then switch to colors? I thought this was possible. They should show you every avaiable costume.

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

Posted by: ElmoTheGreat.9083

ElmoTheGreat.9083

I hope Anet brings back the bunny ears again!

Posted by: DeamonSamurai.6504

DeamonSamurai.6504

Well we got the sabre skin and stupid scarf back why not the bunny ears?

RoyalPredator.9163

@ Aleksander Suburb.4287: For some reason they don’t updated the outfit and minipet section…. they even left out the Wardrobe… omg.

However, I do like the Balthazar outfit… but the shoulders are ridiculous imo…
Why they don’t split it up and unlock armor skins to mix with the purchase….
That would really worth 700 gem. But not as they sell right now.
Buying it or most of GemStore item feels like rip-off…

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

seriously, I need the executioner outfit so badly. My guardian is so slow.
Does anet even read this foruM?

Posted by: PinkiePie.3618

PinkiePie.3618

I hope they still bring it back its still the month of Easter! Please Anet bring it back <3!

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

C’mon guys pick up the ball.

Posted by: fruitycutey.9057

fruitycutey.9057

Can we please have the bunny ears yet? -.- Or at least tell us if were getting them. So rude not to answer anyone.

Posted by: Tink.9486

Tink.9486

I sound like a broken record, but pleaseeeeee ROX’S QUIVER!!! Everday I log on and check and still no quiver My ranger needs this Give me a reason to buy gems

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

How about access to SAB for 800 gems?

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Can we please have the bunny ears yet? -.- Or at least tell us if were getting them. So rude not to answer anyone.

They are generally unwilling to tell us anything until its actually happening, even for something as simple as this.

Wanze.8410

I am glad they didnt introduce the bunny ears this week, thanks Anet.

Posted by: Felicity.9406

Felicity.9406

How about being able to “re-trait” wvw points for 400 gems, when it out off the wvw tournament season?

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I am glad they didnt introduce the bunny ears this week, thanks Anet.

New class for x-pac confirmed: Wet Blanket :P

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Tera.2638

Tera.2638

6 months.

LOL!

Posted by: Scandi.5693

Scandi.5693

They will come in time, of that I have no doubt. I hope when it happens 100 players with bunny ears bounce all around you Wanze. Even you will have to smile.

Mistress Savant of the Asuran Dominion.

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

Got a couple of skin suggestions. It’s not much, but I thought it would be pretty cool to have them.

1. MK-I/MK-II Golem Cosmetic Mount (similar to the broomstick/digging drill)
* It would work the same way as the broom/drill, equip it and a small toy golem will appear in your character’s hands. Use it and the Golem appears magically (!) with your character sitting astride it (male)/sitting on its left/right shoulder (female). No speed buffs, just cosmetic like the broomstick. Similar to how Taimi sits on Scruffy.

2. Back to School Backpack
* A backpack that looks similar to the guild backpack, but has a few cosmetic additions, namely a ruler sticking from its side, some keychains attached to its bottom and a child-like smiley face on its center. Something to celebrate going back to school once summer ends.

3. Always Remember Quaggan
* Something of a helmet skin (all classes of armor), but not. What it is, is it’s a tiny quaggan (choice of color) that floats above the character’s head, taking the place of whatever helmet skin they were wearing previously. It does tiny dances in the air, and circles about the players head as if on a railroad track. Dunno, just a random one I thought of just now.

4. Googly Glasses
* Simply classes with springs attached to them with googly eyes on the end. Sounds like it’d be an awesome April Fool’s for next year, no?

Attachments:

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I think it’s about time Anet introduce a new tier of Gem Store goodies for the players. Right now, we have a lot of low cost cosmetic add-ons that we can purchase with Gems. Nice weapons and armors, unique finishers, and even minis. Everything we see in the store is affordable. So now, after 3 years, maybe Anet should think about the players who like to spend their discretionary income on this game we all love.

Now I’m not here to suggest a VIP subscription or anything. What I think would be good, however, is the introduction of more expensive, premium items. An example could be armor skins with unique auras, or existing armor skins with additional auras to make them stand out in a crowd. Imagine wearing the Flamekissed skin, but now you give off a Sunrise/Twilight type fire trail behind your body as you move. I’m sure people would be willing to pay 4,000 Gems to get this upgraded skin version. Or how about an adorable Mini Penguin that waddles as you walk, and slides on it’s belly as you run? I’d so pay upwards of 8,000 Gems for this.

Basically, the Gem Store would still offer everything that’s currently there. Nothing would be taken away. The only change would be a section that sells higher end items or skins for higher end prices. The key here is that absolutely nothing in the premium section would give any statistical advantages what-so-ever to prevent the potential “P2W” criticism. It would appeal to a wider range of players, and also open up new revenue streams for NC Soft.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

WoW. ~ 12 chars ~

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

As long as we can turn such things off on our end.

Tigaseye.2047

Personally, I wouldn’t be interested in paying over about 1000 gems for any one thing.

There is really no justification for charging ridiculous amounts for ingame items; fancy effects, or not.

I know I could choose not to buy them, but the fact that they even existed would annoy me.

…and bear in mind that I say this as one of the few, on here, willing to pay a sub (for a well made game).

The penguin sounds very cute, but it should be no more than 800 gems.

Even that price would probably put some people off.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

It’d definitely put me off. There’s only been one mini (from memory) that I have bought off the gemstore.

I would say OP would be more inclined to buy said item because of the account name’s affiliation with penguins. If one thinks objectively they would see that 8k gems is WAY too much for said item. That’s $100 USD for a mini (if you pay cash of course), which is absolutely ludicrous.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I’d pay not to have to see such horrors.

Tigaseye.2047

It’d definitely put me off. There’s only been one mini (from memory) that I have bought off the gemstore.

I would say OP would be more inclined to buy said item because of the account name’s affiliation with penguins. If one thinks objectively they would see that 8k gems is WAY too much for said item. That’s $100 USD for a mini (if you pay cash of course), which is absolutely ludicrous.

Quite.

Catering to one, rather unusual (let’s face it), penguin-lover would probably not be the best overall business plan.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

An example could be armor skins with unique auras, or existing armor skins with additional auras to make them stand out in a crowd. Imagine wearing the Flamekissed skin, but now you give off a Sunrise/Twilight type fire trail behind your body as you move.

Remember when the Flamekissed light skin was introduced? Maybe not, not eveyone’s been around as long as me… I feel old. Anyway when the skin was released there was a lot of complaining because it was just a reskin of a in-game armor with flame effect (not that it isn’t now but still…). So if they did do this there would be a lot of complaining.

(edited by CureForLiving.5360)

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

I’m not opposed to more elegant Gem Store items, but the idea of armor giving off equal or more animations than Legendaries does not sit well. Granted players can already buy their way into a precursor and stockpile the T6 materials, but they still need map completion. Right now the game is affordable for many – adding a premium club will ruffle a few feathers to say the least. Let’s not turn the game into an rich/elitist affair.

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

People are already divided over the time that’s being put into developing outfits rather than mixable armor sets. I don’t foresee many being pleased at seeing high cost items being developed just for the sake of exclusivity.

Posted by: MyGWAccount.7325

MyGWAccount.7325

any news on ears?

Posted by: fruitycutey.9057

fruitycutey.9057

Can someone please tell us about the ears. Any staff, at all? Just a word? Si? No?¿

Posted by: Alzn.7680

Alzn.7680

More support for bunny ears re-inclusion here! Started the game just under a year ago and they would look perfect on one of my characters.

Wanze.8410

Can someone please tell us about the ears. Any staff, at all? Just a word? Si? No?¿

I don’t know for sure that it will happen, but I’ve seen items come through from time to time. I agree with you that this is a particularly cute item. Keep your eye on the store and maybe they will make a reappearance!

Nyx.7342

I don’t know for sure that it will happen, but I’ve seen items come through from time to time. I agree with you that this is a particularly cute item. Keep your eye on the store and maybe they will make a reappearance!

6 months is a long time. Sure Gaile’s response was pretty satisfactory, but after having it not be released when it was expected to, it doesnt seem unreasonable to ask for a follow up does it? Things change maybe they decided not to release them ever, it would be nice to get a word from them.

Also i hope when they do come out you will no longer be mr grumpy and learn to love the bunny ears and all the flowers and hopping that go along with it

Wanze.8410

6 months is a long time. Sure Gaile’s response was pretty satisfactory, but after having it not be released when it was expected to, it doesnt seem unreasonable to ask for a follow up does it? Things change maybe they decided not to release them ever, it would be nice to get a word from them.

Also i hope when they do come out you will no longer be mr grumpy and learn to love the bunny ears and all the flowers and hopping that go along with it

There is no need for a follow up, if the info is still the same. What you are asking is a chance in policy as you want them to tell you that they will or will not come back. They wont do that.
If they reintroduce them, it will have very little effect on my in game experience as i play with low character details, which means i dont see whatever you decide to put on your head.

What i have problem with is useless bumps to this topic a la “No news yet on bunny ears?”

If you click on this topic, it will direct you to your last post. From there its very easy to scroll down and realize that no, there wasnt any news in this topic by a dev. No need to to make a bumper post, asking if there are any news.

And if I want hopping and bunny ears, i just use a jackalope tonic.