[Suggestions] Guild Hall Improvements/Items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daehiril.2785

Daehiril.2785

First off, I love the guild hall maps- They’re gigantic and beautifully designed, you can see how much work went into them. At the same time they feel so empty and lacking in things you can do while you’re there, aside from the arena and crafting. Why not put in some mini games that you can play against your guildies? How about a belcher’s bluff table in the tavern? Or at the very least, the tavern could sell the kits for it. Maybe a new unique mini game to play?

We could use some more items too, and items that are better scaled. I was so excited to craft the guild tables and benches- only to find that asurans are the only ones that can sit at them! They’re so tiny! They belong at a tea party, not a great hall feast! :p

Other decorations I’d like to see:
Some dark stuff, like placeable coffins/sarcophagi, bones
More varieties of plants/flowers/garden placeables
Books- stacks of them, books standing on end, laying flat

If anyone else has any ideas, I’d love to hear them!

Agata the Wretched
Necromancer of [MEND]
mendingtheruined.com

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

I like the idea of Belcher’s Bluff offerings and other mini-games in the guild hall. I also agree that many decorations are disappointingly small. Only the SAB decorations really scale well for epic decorating. It’s too bad we cannot bump decor sizing +/- 1 or 2 from standard. I would love to see book decorations!

They likely won’t do any coffins or bones, however. It’s a tricky subject in China. (reference: https://www.techinasia.com/china-doesnt-censor-skeletons-the-truth-about-game-censorship-in-the-middle-kingdom)

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

All crafting stations and a better way to host gvgs. Also maybe add a tp or mystic forge?

Daehiril.2785

Oh wow, I had no idea about the bones being censored in games! Thank you for that interesting article.

Agata the Wretched
Necromancer of [MEND]
mendingtheruined.com

Posted by: Shaman.4513

Shaman.4513

Agree to all of the above, in addition, for the desert GH, not complaining about the design, but the hidden areas in the GH are so much nicer than the main ones.
They should have been there instead of the regular places now. Like for example the area above the crystalline which u interact with when u claim the hall, has so many nice places, its a like a small antique village with market like areas full of spice bags and stuff, this should have been the main area in the guild hall.
ANET PLZ RECONSIDER THE DESIGNS.

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Decorations:

1. Too many plants are in pots, it is really bothering me
2. Most of the decorations could be 20% bigger
3. We need more walls (stone wall, sand stone wall, skritt wall, plant wall etc.)
3. We need super cloud sized panels we can use as floors & ceilings, like a wooden and a stone panel
4. We need beds, bed rolls & pallets
5.. We need static NPCs like citizen, farmer, etc (from different races) that can be placed as decorations, but are bought/hired at the guild market
6. Siege weapons (just use the WvW models)
7. Reduce the costs for statues from 100 Tribute badges to 10
8. Put the “visage” of the gods items to the guild vendor tab
9. Make a way point a craft able item at lvl 500, so you can reach remote areas easier, like the upper levels of Gilded Hollow

Activities
1. Unlock Belcher’s Bluff for the Tavern
2. Allow a raid-tagged group to create an instance of the usual activities, like Sanctum Sprint, Crab Toss, Keg brawl etc., so guild members or GvG activities can happen there
3. Expand the playing of guild anthems to claiming / defending structures in WvW

Guild management
1. Show home server in the guild roster already
2. Give us panel to pop up a guild message when people enter guild hall, so we have a second way of giving info and don’t have to make walls of text in the message of the day
3. Give us a shout cast option to all guildies on a 15min cool down (e.g. so we can announce guild events to start)
4. Allow us to send in-game mail to several guildies easier, perhaps on a 1h cool down

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Daehiril.2785

Great suggestions! I like the placeable/hireable npc idea. It would really give the guild hall some life! I want to hire a gardener to hang out and tend to my plants.

I totally agree that too many of the plants are in pots. How about some placeable masses of flowers? And speaking of potted plants and scaling… I was so disappointed when I crafted the potted blue orchid. For the price/mats to make it, it’s so tiny!!!

Agata the Wretched
Necromancer of [MEND]
mendingtheruined.com

Posted by: Daiki.6237

Daiki.6237

More control in placing decorations. being able to move a piece and rotate on 3 axis instead of deleting it and replacing it cause it was slightly off center. I mean come on, 1 key to place an item but 4 keys change the size of the area when removing them?

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

I would love to see more interact-able objects in the guild hall! I absolutely love the direction GH’s are being taken in general, with a trend toward larger decorations that began with the SAB stuff and brought us new craftable fractal stuff, also now the big Halloween cauldrons and trees, but as the OP said, sometimes the guild hall can feel a bit devoid of activity if no events are happening.

Belcher’s Bluff. It’d be great to have a way of crafting a stationary, placeable Belcher’s Bluff decoration that is usable for any guild members. If the stopping point for this idea is that the current method of playing Belcher’s Bluff is a gold sink because players must purchase a kit to be able to play, then you could simply require players to pay a fee to use the guild hall version (either through the purchase of tickets sold by an NPC or just through a menu system).

Placeable chests. I know that this idea is typically summarily dismissed simply because players would be able to abuse this system for additional storage, but it would be so wonderful to have even a 1-slot chest that you could place at the end of a jumping puzzle or as reward for solving a puzzle.

Gates that can be opened or closed. Different colored torches you can turn on or off (this already exists within PvP arena, could probably be easily adapted to the general GH).

Readable book decorations that can be placed. They could either be made to have a custom short entry (like the current monuments do) or utilize already existing in-game lore text, like the books in the Priory. Regarding in-game lore, it would be really neat if we could craft copies of “common” Tyrian books. I mean, the crafting profession is Scribe after all! Make a version of the Wide Library Shelf that you can interact with, and make it display a list of books that fills as the guild crafts them, like Zinn’s Study Guide does as you work through the achievement.

The RC golem chess mini-game! Just like Belcher’s Bluff, I would love to be able to play this in the guild hall. It’s still a fun distraction that I miss from the Asuran starter area, and to my knowledge the only corner of Tyria that still holds playable versions of this game is in a hard to reach corner of Auric Basin. Make this a really expensive decoration and let us put one in the guild hall! Or make it another purchaseable upgrade for the Tavern.

Permanently placeable box-of-fun decorations. Make these prohibitively expensive, or simply require each decoration to cost 50 or 100 of its respective box-of-fun type. For example, give us a Super Adventure Box-of-Fun decoration that is usable to anyone but costs 1000 clouds and [50 Super Adventure Boxes-of-Fun] to craft. A regular Box-of-Fun Decoration could cost something similar. By the same token, permanent Creepy Cauldrons, Aviator Boxes, and other crowd/party items like this would be great.

Super Boom Box and Haunted Gramophone Decorations. Make them just as expensive as the aforementioned Box-of-Fun Decoration but make them placeable in a guild hall and allow those with decorator privileges to turn them on/off and change the songs. Music generators like this could be set to only auto-loop 3 or 5 times to keep them in a typical “off state.”

Aside from decorations, I’d love to see some unique NPC’s come to visit more often. It would be cool to see some holiday/festival characters hanging out in your guild hall after some big festival update—maybe a few random Wintersday Revelers come to hang out in the tavern, or some Candy-Corn Elementals (as green mobs, so friendly to the player) duke it out near the arena entrance around Halloween.

Anything like this would be fantastic.

(edited by drunkenpilot.9837)

Daehiril.2785

I like your placeable chest idea! I recently hosted a scavenger hunt in our guild hall using the tombstones with clues written on them. It would have been great to be able to place a prize in a chest for the winner.

The RC golem chess game would be awesome!

And I was thinking it would be cool to have some sort of placeable checkpoints that function in a similar way to the flags for the guild rush. It would be cool to build a race course for guild contests. Once you pass through all the checkpoints you can open the placeable chest at the end.

How about a mini-game similar to the wintersday bell choir game? Instead of just bells, it could offer you a choice of instruments to play- such as the bass guitar or drums. Guild wars guitar hero! :p

Agata the Wretched
Necromancer of [MEND]
mendingtheruined.com

Posted by: Archranis.2375

Archranis.2375

(1) Remove some of the fog/shadow and increase brightness in Gilded Hollow. It’s got some fantastic artwork, and the majority of it is obscured. I understand the cave concept there, but it’s been taken too far. One of the reasons people don’t want to hang out in the guild hall is because you really can’t enjoy the scenery; things are obscured by fog/shadow so much, why even bother to decorate it? (btw — I run all graphics settings at max).

(2) In the placeables window(s), allow a “preview” of some kind so we can see the actual size of an item so we can decide if we want to craft it or not.

(3) Give us a way to “locate” items. As it stands, items can be lost in the guild hall — the only way to recover them is to recall all the items. That’s too extreme. Even if it’s only one item at a time in decorator mode — you could put a red dot on the map for each location of an item of a given type, similarly to how it’s done for yellow dots for guild members, or blue dots for party members.

(4) Give us a way to have signposts/billboards (or something comparable) that have their text always displayed (in contrast to the current signpost’s click-to-read-message).

(5) Increase the increment of population of the map that represents the guild hall so that you don’t have to change maps so frequently as more people enter/leave. (It would be even better if having to change maps as more people entered/left the guild hall wasn’t necessary at all).

[JUGs] Just Us Grownups — http://jugs-guild.com
Contacts: Archranis.2375 // Neksis Syxx.6983

Daehiril.2785

I totally agree with fixing the map instancing. It’s so annoying to have to keep changing maps!

I’d also like to suggest some cool banner placeables like the ones in Divinity’s Reach that have the different deities on them. A Grenth banner would be nice!

Agata the Wretched
Necromancer of [MEND]
mendingtheruined.com

Posted by: Merry.7290

Merry.7290

All good ideas so far. My big peeve is the tiny scaling of many items, especially when you consider the cost.

What would be great is a portal that would allow you to travel to either LA or any of the main cities. Yes we can always map out of the guild hall but a portal would just make the guild hall seem more connected to everything, aside from being convenient.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

- Asura, Charr, Norn and Sylvary themed decorations: everything, from cushions to walls and trophies seems to be human designed. I want to make an Asuran neighborhood in mi guild’s hall, but with the current decorations, it’s impossible.

- Magical and technological (And magitech) decorations: magic circles, consoles, machines, wall screens, altars, floating energy orbs, floating crystals, flasks, specimen cages, fluid tanks, microscopes, astrolabes, force fields, etc. Of course, golems, robots and elementals too, and pieces of them. All the actual decorations looks so primitive and mundane… doesn’t make sense with all the magi-scientific characters we have.

- Basic NPCs to populate the area. The least used of each player characters becomes a NPC in the hall too, just walking around and speaking lines according to its race and profession. This way we can influence the aesthetic of the NPCs too.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

(edited by Ardid.7203)

Daehiril.2785

These banners please!

Attachments:

Agata the Wretched
Necromancer of [MEND]
mendingtheruined.com

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

All good ideas so far. My big peeve is the tiny scaling of many items, especially when you consider the cost.

What would be great is a portal that would allow you to travel to either LA or any of the main cities. Yes we can always map out of the guild hall but a portal would just make the guild hall seem more connected to everything, aside from being convenient.

You know you can open the guild portal (if you have the upgrade) and travel to la anytime you want in bulk even it ports the whole guild if they step it in. It ports you to the trader’s forum waypoint.

Posted by: kitepwr.5604

kitepwr.5604

I second Diaki’s comments …

More control in placing decorations. being able to move a piece and rotate on 3 axis instead of deleting it and replacing it cause it was slightly off center. I mean come on, 1 key to place an item but 4 keys change the size of the area when removing them?

When placing decorations, I would love to see an ‘undo last action’ button. Ideally it would work for both undoing a placement and a delete action.