[Suggestions] Make crafting account wide

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Viking.1950

Viking.1950

Yes you can cover all 8 crafting professions using 4 characters but it is annoying to have to log a different character to access those skills and if you have more than 4 characters, leveling crafting on them is simply a waste.

I wouldn’t mind having to create or even level 4 characters in order to unlock the crafting slots but it would be very nice to be able to access those professions that you have leveled from any character.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

You can buy more crafting licences if you want.

I doubt this will be implemented.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

You know there is a gemstore item that let you have more crafting prof active unsure if u can buy 6 of it to have all 8 on same char.

Even if thats not the case then you have to bite the bullet and pay the fine to switch prof mate.

Posted by: Viking.1950

Viking.1950

That kind of misses the point of being able to access those 8 professions from any of your other characters though. Truth be told I wouldn’t have a problem with paying for licenses that allowed just this. I would simply rather not have to level crafting professions that I have already leveled on another character or log that character in every time I want to craft those things.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

What so bad about loging on your other chars to craft stuff?
It dont take long go to wvw from anywere in the world craft said item bank it and switch chars again?
And i find it good you can specialize your chars in what crafting professions they can have or for a fee have it all on a single one.

Edit
Might sound hypocritical that i want masteries account bound and crafting professions char bound, but meh im only human.

(edited by Linken.6345)

Posted by: Sharen Graves.1276

Sharen Graves.1276

If I had to do it over again I would have put them all on one character. Then just pay the fee to activate them when needed. I don’t know how many times I cant remember who is 500 in what craft. Worst case I would like it on the character select screen so I don’t have to have this sticky note on my monitor.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I’m all for account bound crafting levels. Personally, I have only 1 toon with crafting to 500, and I don’t even play her. I would love to delete the character, but I can’t, as that would represent hundreds of gold to replace her crafting skills. It is a pain in the behind, to say the least.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)