[Suggestions] Update Order Sets

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SugarCrystal.8764

SugarCrystal.8764

I finally purchased the order of whispers armor and weapons to complete the collection for the back piece from HOT. I hadn’t purchased these before because I wasn’t very fond of them. I think its a bit outdated that you can’t mystic forge these pieces, salvage, or at least sell back to a vendor for half the price. I understand the cost of these items as its an exclusive set. On the other hand they are only rare items and are very old sets at that. It’s so easy to get exotics as soon as you hit level 80 so what use are these items except for skins. You can’t use them to transmutate like before, since we use charges now. Even if you do buy them to collect the skins you still have to spend a transmutation charge. Anet can we get an update on these older sets?

Suggestions –
Make them exotic so upcoming 80’s or alts can use them as a main set of gear.
Make them salvageable.
Make them viable to put in mystic forge.
Make them skins so we’re not stuck using charges if we decide to use them.
Please make these more useful in some way beside a skin. I’m sure there would be many others that would appreciate this including a lot of the new players =)
Thanks <3

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I finally purchased the order of whispers armor and weapons to complete the collection for the back piece from HOT. I hadn’t purchased these before because I wasn’t very fond of them. I think its a bit outdated that you can’t mystic forge these pieces, salvage, or at least sell back to a vendor for half the price. I understand the cost of these items as its an exclusive set. On the other hand they are only rare items and are very old sets at that. It’s so easy to get exotics as soon as you hit level 80 so what use are these items except for skins. You can’t use them to transmutate like before, since we use charges now. Even if you do buy them to collect the skins you still have to spend a transmutation charge. Anet can we get an update on these older sets?

Suggestions –
Make them salvageable.
Please make these more useful in some way beside a skin. I’m sure there would be many others that would appreciate this including a lot of the new players =)
Thanks <3

Part of the problem is that rare gear was supposed to be somewhat usable at level 80. They made it a bit too easy to get exotics, especially following the introduction of Ascended. Rare is awkward because you pretty much never use it in the game. While leveling, it’s generally better to sell or salvage it because its gold value is worth more than its statistical value relative to blue or green gear. At the level cap, it isn’t worth bothering with because you can generally just start going straight to exotic.

In other words, there’s a slight logistical problem that exists in the game where rare is generally a bit too hard or costly to acquire while exotic is not quite hard or costly enough to acquire. This is just one of many reasons why adding the Ascended tier was just kind of stupid.

That said, I generally agree that only having the option to destroy is pieces you buy is weird and a hassle, much like with Karma gear. You should at least be able to vendor them.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

SugarCrystal.8764

Exactly Einlanzer. thank you =)

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

The race/cultural armor sets are in a similar situation. I’d understand if they were an unusually efficient way to acquire rare or exotic items to break down or forge, but they’re not.

I can understand them remaining armor instead of skins, because it’s rare for anything in the core game to actually sell a skin (see: karma armor,) but it’s pretty lame for most people who want them to buy them, then just have to trash them because it’s a skin for something else.

Order gloves are the lowest, at 1g12s. I don’t think it would upset the economy to make them forgeable/salvageable. (I assume they’re already account or soulbound on acquire, which is fine.) Even T2 cultural armor only goes down to 80s, which is more than anyone is ever going to pay for salvaging / forging armor.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

SugarCrystal.8764

Thank you Red. I’m just happy others are looking at it the same way. Make them more usable somehow so we’re not just wasting the gold buying them.

(edited by SugarCrystal.8764)

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

They should be able to be salvaged, but instead of giving mats, it should give the skin.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

On the one hand, I completely support the principle behind the OP’s suggestion: these are too expensive for something that is useless to most of the people who can afford them.

On the other hand, given that ANet has limited number of staff to work on minor issues like this, do I really want them spending time on something that is, at most, a one-time issue for a small portion of the community?

tl;dr yeah, they should change this, but only after other, higher priority (minor) issues have been resolved

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I’d be happy if they added mystic forge recipes that’d let you upgrade them (and cultural armor) to exotic and eventually ascended versions.

~EW

Posted by: gethane.1234

gethane.1234

Yes. I just did this too the other day. Very frustrating.

SugarCrystal.8764

anything would work really and at what ever time they ended up getting to it. i just want to see them have another use to them besides the destroy option. it gives you that feeling that you just wasted gold.

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Just wait till you decide to get all of the weapons as well for the achievements lol….. much pricier, and same issue, where you can’t salvage or forge em. Same with the Backpieces you get for doing the collections iirc.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Drop them all to level 35 rare, and give them the stat option we get on the giveaway storyline boots. You could actually use them at about the level you get accepted into an order.

Use them as a leveling set, priced for that level, and you get the skins unlocked for the future.

Silly to have these sets at level 80.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

SugarCrystal.8764

any other suggestions for these sets?

Posted by: Relic.2136

Relic.2136

I just came back to the game recently and I completely agree with this. Made a new topic on this today because I didn’t realize this thread was already here. I’d love to see Order and/or Cultural armor (especially 100g+ Tier 3!) become skins at least. Rare gear is just a waste of gold in the current state of the game, and doubly so if you can’t vendor, scrap, or forge it.

Relic
Henge of Denravi
Volks World [VW]

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Suggestions –
Make them salvageable.
Thanks <3

Part of the problem is that rare gear was supposed to be somewhat usable at level 80. They made it a bit too easy to get exotics, especially following the introduction of Ascended. Rare is awkward because you pretty much never use it in the game. While leveling, it’s generally better to sell or salvage it because its gold value is worth more than its statistical value relative to blue or green gear. At the level cap, it isn’t worth bothering with because you can generally just start going straight to exotic.

In other words, there’s a slight logistical problem that exists in the game where rare is generally a bit too hard or costly to acquire while exotic is not quite hard or costly enough to acquire. This is just one of many reasons why adding the Ascended tier was just kind of stupid.

That said, I generally agree that only having the option to destroy is pieces you buy is weird and a hassle, much like with Karma gear. You should at least be able to vendor them.

Vendor for how much? Especially now, they are part of a collection. You should have to sink gold into it and not get anything but the completed collection in return. It’s one of their gold sinks in the game. Letting you vendor them back defeats that purpose.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Artorius.6178

Artorius.6178

The only thing keeping me from investing in a T3 Cultural Armor set.. is that it’s throwing gold away, you literally can’t use it for anything or do anything with it other then delete it, so it’s literally tossing almost 100 gold away if you buy it the regular way.

Luciana Aventius – Ranger – Gandara

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The only thing keeping me from investing in a T3 Cultural Armor set.. is that it’s throwing gold away, you literally can’t use it for anything or do anything with it other then delete it, so it’s literally tossing almost 100 gold away if you buy it the regular way.

That’s the intended design: to remove gold from the economy.

That said, I hate that I’m also stuck with rares that can have almost no value for the very players (veterans) that can afford to throw away that much coin. I’d prefer it was changed to just an unlock (or even a skin, with one free transmutation charge).

However, that still requires ANet spending some energy to change and this only affects everyone a maximum of 15 times per lifetime. I’d rather they focus their attention on QoL changes that affect our every-day interactions.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”