Suggestions for Ascended Gear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zergs.9715

Zergs.9715

For a guy that has a lot of alts and enjoys constant changing of builds, ascended gear is a game killer. This gear is conceptually opposite to everything Anet built so far for our characters. It is so single-minded in its purpose that Anet can freely scrap all trait lines since you won’t be seeing much of these if you plan on equipping your characters with full ascended, which will btw be required of you. The message is clear: As much as most of us hate it, ascended is here to stay, and I don’t think this will change. What can be changed is level of flexibility to make it more accessible and less of an annoyance.

I think it’d be far more productive to offer suggestions to this problem than to constantly complain about how bad ascended weaps are (and they are design atrocity imo)

1. Bring stats back in line with exotic gear BUT keep skin exclusivity. This suggestion goes in line with “play how you want” philosophy but also provides advantages to those who are willing to go for ascended stuff. Exclusivity part means that future cool skins will be ascended quality. This will make a shift from HAVE TO to WANT TO, and at the same time you are maintaining equal playing field.

2. Give ascended gear ability to switch stats like Leges. Currently making at least two full sets of ascended for 2 builds for a single char borders with insanity especially when they introduce armor. Legendary weaps will still have better skins and will still represent undisputed status symbol so no worries there. This should be nice piece of functionality to prevent ppl going braindead form all the grind required.

Please post your ideas if you have them but keep it constructive. Maybe we even lure a red post out of its lurk.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Suggestion to fix EVERYTHING regarding ascended….get ready.

Ascended gear’s prime use is in fractals because agony resistance is required.

1. Drop down ascended gear stats, along with legendary, back down to exotic gear stats
2. Still include the infusion slot for AR resistance.

Done.

Now the only people that will fret over ascended gear are the ones that want to progress through fractals. Those that do not run fractals need not worry.

Simple. Easy. Done. Makes… —- EVERYONE — … happy.

But no, it makes more sense to alienate a decent portion of the playerbase…enraging many of us is a better alternative to the one I just laid out.

If this ever happened I will gladly come back to Guild Wars 2…even if Living Story is still around.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

In my opinion: Only reduce the base attack to exotics. More status and infusions already do some difference, without making a huge hole between exotics and ascended.

@edit
Also, when they release the ascended armor, they should only increase the status a little bit and one slot per armor, without increasing the base toughtness from the armors.

Sorry for my english.

(edited by Mikau.6920)

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

I hate to say it, but these ideas, as good as they are, will never make it into game.

We had a 20-page thread, with hundreds of replies, that was all about giving ANet feedback and ideas about ascended gear. There were all kinds of suggestions, including several that were similar (or identical to) what has been outlined above.

In that entire 20-page thread, there were zero replies from anyone at ANet. None. Not a single, solitary word. Then, after ascended gear hit live on 9/3/13, the “feedback” thread was deleted, and is nowhere to be found now. Ascended gear, meanwhile, was released as is.

As to the idea posted in the OP, I would also come back to the game if that were implemented. But it ain’t gonna happen. ANet wants stat inflation, so that’s what we get.

Posted by: Tiger.7506

Tiger.7506

We need a small vertical progression.

The Difference Between Medicine And Poison Is In The Dose.

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

No we don’t. The sickness exists only in your head, it’s not real. Thus, no medicine is needed. A little therapy session is all you require. Guild Wars is not F TW (Farm to Win)….

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

No we don’t. The sickness exists only in your head. Guild Wars is not F TW (Farm to Win)….

It is now…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

No we don’t. The sickness exists only in your head. Guild Wars is not F TW (Farm to Win)….

It is now…

Ain’t that the truth. Too many bad players dependant on gear instead of skill to carry them through content and WvWvW.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

It is now…

Ain’t that the truth. Too many bad players dependant on gear instead of skill to carry them through content and WvWvW.

Nah, more like too many 12 hour a day palyers who hyperspeed through every ounce of content and then kitten and whine that there is nothing to do in the game. Anet’s solution? Give them weapons so hard to create that to craft a whole set of weapons for a single character would take so long you’d probably finish right around the time that they announce the next tier of equipment.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Sir Erighan.9260

Sir Erighan.9260

Why did we need vertical progression? I didn’t realize this was an illness that I was suffering. I, and many other players, were perfectly “healthy” with the stats we had. Instead of supporting and institutionalizing the bad habits (e.g. farming), Anet should have focused on what activities (aka content) can the players grow into with their finely tuned (and healthy) characters…

I don’t need vertical progression to do the same old boring content. I want better content that challenges my ability to use the skills and stats that I currently have. It’s not that complicated.

Instead, they introduced another tier to create additional revenue opportunities for the BLTC.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

1. Drop down ascended gear stats, along with legendary, back down to exotic gear stats

Done.

Now the only people that will fret over ascended gear are the ones that want to progress through fractals. Those that do not run fractals need not worry.

But no, it makes more sense to alienate a decent portion of the playerbase…enraging many of us is a better alternative to the one I just laid out.

If this ever happened I will gladly come back to Guild Wars 2…even if Living Story is still around.

Totally agree great post.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

No we don’t.
We need more open world content maps, dungeons.. More types of spvp, some GvG areas, some WvW worlds that aren’t all the same looking, mountainous, plains, urban sprawls, voids like Mad kings ect.. new Classes, races and skins..new skills, traits and fleshed out builds that don’t cost the earth to change.

Not vertical progressions

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Done.

Too bad it won’t happen…

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

I like the suggestions. But Im willing to bet next to nothing will be done regarding ascended weapons, save perhaps MAYBE (and this is a big maybe) they might release additional methods of acquisition in the future, as they did some ascended trinkets.

My only ascended stat weapon so far is my legendary, which i got 2 days before the ascended patch came out. While it is beneficial the added damage i get, I really really wouldnt mind if we get re rolled back to exotics level as top tier stats.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I would type what ANet should do with Ascended equipment, but I’d get infracted for it.

Posted by: The Stain.4169

The Stain.4169

Guys…I don’t disagree with most of what has been said here, but a dose of reality:

Ascended stats will never be dialed back to exotic levels. Think about it. Probably at least half the player base has been working toward at least one ascended weapon. Of that number, probably half have already obtained one, or are very close.

Now, after they expended all that time, gold, and hassle….can you imagine the widespread rage if the weapons were nerfed back to exotic levels? Riteous rage, IMHO.

No way that will ever happen.