Suggestions for Getting Gold?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Eli The Yahoo.9782

Eli The Yahoo.9782

hi,
so i know you can grind dungeons and get pretty decent amount of gold but since i havn’t got the time to stand 2 hours spammin LA to form a group – i wander if theres a
way to get nice amounts of cash in PVE.

thanks in advance

Posted by: Orbys.4895

Orbys.4895

First off dont spam LA for runs. Use this gw2lfg.com

Posted by: AesirValkyr.7418

AesirValkyr.7418

Its not a huge amount of gold, but what I’ve done in the past is just play the game, fill up my inventory and then use the TP. There is a block on the TP if the item you want to trade sells for more at a vendor then it won’t let you put it up on auction.

I normally make 1-2G just leveling my alts an hour a day. Like I said, its not alot, but it works for me. I also collect any mats I see on the mini map. I have had a few days where just leveling up an alt that I’ve been able to make 5 or more gold, again not spending more than a couple hours.

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

You must use the most overpowered spell in the game. Its called……Pull out your wallet…..

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Farm sparks in Cursed shore, they drop charged lodestones at large quantities.

1+1 = potato

Posted by: Ruin.3461

Ruin.3461

Farm sparks in Cursed shore, they drop charged lodestones at quantities.

fixed

Tier 1 Casual

Posted by: the moidart.3612

the moidart.3612

Kill mobs, like in north east harathi, and sell everything profitable on tp.

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

Yeah, I was going to say, they drop maybe once an hour with omnomnom berry bars and maxed magic find runes >_> Not sure how that counts as ‘large quantities’.

What works for me is FotM, the ‘easier’ dungeons like AC and farming in Orr. Usually in that order. I get between 0-5 cores per FotM run which already sells for ~1G, and that’s excluding all the drops you get to sell/salvage. The most I’ve earned in a FotM run (3 fractals + Maw, level 10) is 5G. And you’re not trying to tag everything in the zerg like you are in Orr.

Posted by: Salacious.7358

Salacious.7358

Do what I do: gems = gold

AesirValkyr.7418

You must use the most overpowered spell in the game. Its called……Pull out your wallet…..

I’m a bit confused, when did I pull out my wallet? If your gonna just hate the game, then go do that, make you own thread.

at Salacious, if you want fast track your gold, the system is there you. I you want to play a game, you can do that too. I don’t buy my gold, I make it.

(edited by AesirValkyr.7418)

Posted by: Ruin.3461

Ruin.3461

I’m a bit confused, when did I pull out my wallet? If your gonna just hate the game, then go do that, make you own thread.

at Salacious, if you want fast track your gold, the system is there you. I you want to play a game, you can do that too. I don’t buy my gold, I make it.

He was addressing the OP…

Tier 1 Casual

Villious.8530

I didn’t say I hated the game, I’m having a blast. You want gold? Your wallet is a way to get it. Salacious agrees. This game is not designed to get “nice amounts of cash” easily. Any MMO that has a store is going to be that way. Gold in this game equals time and farming, or playing the TP. They want you to buy gems, hence gold is always going to be hard to make and hard to keep. That’s by design.

And yes AesirValkyr, you are more than “a bit” confused, I was addressing the OP. Get defensive much?

(edited by Villious.8530)

AesirValkyr.7418

I didn’t say I hated the game, I’m having a blast. You want gold? Your wallet is a way to get it. Salacious agrees. This game is not designed to get “nice amounts of cash” easily. Any MMO that has a store is going to be that way. Gold in this game equals time and farming, or playing the TP. They want you to buy gems, hence gold is always going to be hard to make and hard to keep. That’s by design.

And yes AesirValkyr, I was addressing the OP. Get defensive much?

I guess when I see people say the “pull out your wallet” comments, I do get defensive. I haven’t found a real reason in game to pull out my wallet. This is one of the unique games where you can actually pay for the game and never pull out your wallet again. You can experience the full game, you may not have what want you as fast fast as someone who spends real money to get in game cash, but does it really hurt you in game?

I have bought gems, but that was only to get skins in game. The skins on my PvE armor isn’t hurting anyone.

Posted by: DanzBurG.8635

DanzBurG.8635

do cursed shores events and salvage everything!

Villious.8530

I don’t think buying gems to gold really gives anyone a huge advantage; it just makes things a bit easier a bit faster. For some people money = time, and buying gems is a way to ease the leveling process if you don’t have much time each week to play. But I do not believe gems to gold gives a measurable advantage. But that’s just me.

Villious.8530

Danz, how do you break down your salvages with which kits? Mystic kit for rare and above? Which kits for lesser grade?

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Cursed shore events are decent.

Running some dungeons works.

Fractals are a decent source of money, can get the ascended gear while doing so. A lot of people shy away from them but they aren’t particularly difficult until very high difficulty levels (and going that high isn’t necessary at the moment).

Try flipping some items on the TP on the side with some of the money you made, that’ll get you some more money.

To break monotony you can always go kill dragons on the side, something to do and you might get lucky with something good from the chest.

I wouldn’t pick any one thing above and grind it out repeatedly unless that’s your thing. Cycle between different stuff.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i never found any, with magic find and all, no charged lodestone in quantities… in 1 hour and half i didn’t see any.
i wondered if they really exist, i know i have a slot in the collectible bank where they should be slotted, but last i checked it was still empty. not even the core i find in this large quantity, i have 1 found in FoTM lv 9 in a chest

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Eli The Yahoo.9782

First off dont spam LA for runs. Use this gw2lfg.com

i know… you dont always have enough people – then you spam… saddly…

Eli The Yahoo.9782

thanks all for the replies, i dont seem to get 1G per 1hour of play, maybe im doing smth wrong.
gems isn’t the answer since it requires to buy them or convert to them from gold when the economy is down.

I’m already a level 80 Gurdian so dungeon difficulty isn’t the issue – it’s just boring to spend so much time looking for parteners for dungons.

ill investigate “cursed shores events and salvage everything”.
thanks all for your suggestions.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

And yes AesirValkyr, you are more than “a bit” confused, I was addressing the OP. Get defensive much?

This seems true. The only other game I’ve played where gold was even an issue was D3 which is monetized the same way. The problem is that we play games for a sense of reward beyond the gameplay. When the reward is not there, we complain. Can we accept that there are no ‘free’ games and we either pay a sub and be rewarded in-game or get it free and pull out our wallet even more often than once a month to feel a sense of ‘reward’? From what I’ve experienced with ‘free’ games, the only way to get gold in-game, would be to revert it to a subscription model. There are no free games, the manner in which pay for them is the only thing that varies.

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

And yes AesirValkyr, I was addressing the OP. Get defensive much?

I guess when I see people say the “pull out your wallet” comments, I do get defensive. I haven’t found a real reason in game to pull out my wallet. This is one of the unique games where you can actually pay for the game and never pull out your wallet again. You can experience the full game, you may not have what want you as fast fast as someone who spends real money to get in game cash, but does it really hurt you in game?

I have bought gems, but that was only to get skins in game. The skins on my PvE armor isn’t hurting anyone.

That’s not such a simple question, I hate feeling gated, I hate having to move at the pace of the slowest person, if I want to powergrind and powerlevel and it hurts nobody else (usually I invite people along in games I do it in for company and to help them out too) then I see no problem in it, sadly that’s deemed “the wrong way to play” and even if it was possible, usually the progress I’d make it minimal at best and one huge unrewarding grind, for something that could possibly be bought on the trading post by someone else, sure it’s aesthetic, but why bother playing a game that has such a horrendous difference between playing the game towards a goal, and throwing money at it. That’s bad design. That’s not fun in my subjective opinion. And I don’t see how it’s got so many supporters.

I guess to me it just hasn’t been such a great idea to have the whole conversion thing in the game at all, gem prices are ridiculous for such little, the game is rife with horrible RNG and ultimately the stuff that could be kept cash only which would show you’re a “proud supporter” of the game would be just that. They did a lot of great things in GW2 design wise, shame their monetization department chose all the WRONG things to pull it all down.

Irony…. xD

(edited by Hellkaiser.6025)

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

thanks all for the replies, i dont seem to get 1G per 1hour of play, maybe im doing smth wrong.
gems isn’t the answer since it requires to buy them or convert to them from gold when the economy is down.

I’m already a level 80 Gurdian so dungeon difficulty isn’t the issue – it’s just boring to spend so much time looking for parteners for dungons.

ill investigate “cursed shores events and salvage everything”.
thanks all for your suggestions.

Cursed shore will net you perhaps the best gold in the game. Dungeons are great but there is a lot of downtime there which cuts into the returns—maybe better if you have a ready group to play them with. I make at least 1 gold per hour most sessions farming pent/shelt/jofast/plinx. I sell rares and the once in a blue moon exotics on the TP, salvage and sell everything else. I do maintain an inventory of some mats. Sometimes, in a all-day weekend session, I can make 10 gold in a day. I suppose if you are a lotto winner in game you could make even more. Bottom-line though you will seldom feel the amount achieved meets your needs for maintaining and evolving your characters. Guardian is one of the best farming professions, imo. I use a staff 85% of the time. It does decent damage and provides support but, more importantly for farming, it tags everything in front of you. Best wishes OP in your quest for the Holy Grail in this game…gold.

(edited by Raine.1394)

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

running dungeons over and over it seems to be the best method if not going to use the TP, no matter what others say, if you know what to do and are with people which know what to do, you can complete the three paths so fast in some dungeons which at the end the gold-time will be great…but yes boring as hell.

I took an arrow to the knee

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Heres a few:

Note: Price ranges to sell on TP are in Parenthesis.

Givers Ori inscriptions/insignia (2-5 g each)
Givers equips (5-7 g each)
Apothecary ori inscriptions (4-7 g each)
Apothecary weapons (exotic) (4-10 g each)
Destroyer Any weapons (exotic) (20-70 g each)
Mystic weapons (exotic) (20-70 g each)
T 6 mats (10-30 s each)
ecto (20-50 s each)
Mystic Coins (15-20 s each)
Karka shells (8 s each)
Passion Flowers (40-60 s each)
Flip Oranges
Flip Strawberries
Flip Blackberries
Flip Raspberries
Flip Butter
Flip Chocolate
Flip Zucchini

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

(edited by Yumiko Ishida.3769)

Posted by: Ehra.5240

Ehra.5240

There are some very easy jumping puzzles that give you a chest at the end with hardly any effort or time on your part. At the very least you should look into getting one of the LA chests every day, 2 minutes tops for a splendid chest isn’t bad. You usually don’t get much out of each individual try, but the loot/time ratio isn’t bad and there’s always that slight chance you’ll get an exotic.

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

I’d have to say dungeons.

Just pick any single dungeon, learn all the paths in that one dungeon and then get on gw2lfg.com and join speed runs. Once you are good at one dungeon, move on to another so you don’t burn out.

Anet needs to add an in-game dungeon finder, it’s kitten that we have to use a third party.

(edited by Fiddlestyx.9714)

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

This, exactly. I farm Orr for events, and pull down a nice chunk of gold at the end of the day. Never had to worry about not being able to afford anything on the TP. I’m usually getting about 15g per evening.

Protip: SELL the moldy bags, don’t open them! ^__^

Posted by: toxianguardian.4850

toxianguardian.4850

Farm ori ore in Mal’s Leap/ Cursed shore. They sellin for like 3s a piece since bot bans not too long ago. There’s 10 nodes, 3 ori per node. 30 ori x 3s = a gold just running around picking stuff up. Got alts? more money.

Posted by: Rekia.1480

Rekia.1480

hi,
so i know you can grind dungeons and get pretty decent amount of gold but since i havn’t got the time to stand 2 hours spammin LA to form a group – i wander if theres a
way to get nice amounts of cash in PVE.

thanks in advance

Gw2lfg.com changed my life. It takes maybe 5 minutes to get a group, even faster for popular dungeons like AC and TA. I was reluctant to use it at first. I guess I was afraid of joining random people based on a post on an external website, but now that I’ve tried it, I can’t say anything bad about it, it’s amazing.

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Farm sparks in Cursed shore, they drop greys… sometimes. (Thanks loot/DR bug that is obviously ‘perceived’.)

fixed

fixed

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

Gem RMT store. Save yourself some pain and chip in on the salary of one of the devs/artists, maybe some server rental, better testers. Or just think of it as giving the Anet hobo a buck to stop doing that thing you hate ever time you walk past.

Of course you could just grind and grind, but its getting pretty clear that anyone is still grinding:
A) Can’t afford to pay in RMT store.
B) Is in fact suffering a serious obsessive disorder.
C) Doesn’t actually care about their legendary (whoa – how bad kitten ).

And probably a few others that take “out there” and “who cares” both to new levels.

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Aside from doing fractals/dungeons (which I do maybe once or twice a week)

Vendor all blues.

Salvage all whites and salvage items

Gather flippin’ everything

Keep greens, and toss them in the mystic forge for rares.

Sell rares/exotics.

Sell any T5/T6 crafting mats you don’t need.

Keep low tier crafting mats, and upgrade them in the MF with philosopher’s stones any time you end up with a stack.

Don’t be afraid to use MF food and guild bonuses. They’re far cheaper than MF gear and you can keep your build largely intact as long as it doesn’t rely on some specific consumable buff to function.

Use your naturally gained karma to buy the new orrian jewelry boxes. Keep the karma drinks until you have a big stack to use with a karma booster (wait to get one from dailies or buy it with gems), and sell the contents. When you’re ready to drink all that karma, stick on a booster and as many karma buffs as possible, buy a bulk of the boxes, open, drink, buy open, etc. until you’re out of karma. This nets a decent amount of money for karma you weren’t doing anything with anyway as the boxes tend to drop high value lodestones and in bulk openings you end up with several stacks of greys worth over 1g to the vendor (and probably multiple minipets which are account bound :P)

Doing the above things I’ve never had gold problems in GW2.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

Music plays from zelda chest
Duna duna duna duna duna duna

Da da da daaaaaa

You recieved gw2lfg.com with this you don’t have to waste 2 hours spamming in LA

Posted by: zajatorrete.2350

zajatorrete.2350

I make 10g minimum per day on saturday and sunday… as that is the only time i have to play that much..

Thats from running dungeons and orr events..

On weekdays i only play 1-2 hours a day after work and could only earn 1-3 gold depends on my loot luck..

I hope that helps..

[DHE] Darkhaven Elite
http://www.darkhavenelite.com

Eli The Yahoo.9782

Aside from doing fractals/dungeons (which I do maybe once or twice a week)

Vendor all blues.

Salvage all whites and salvage items

Gather flippin’ everything

Keep greens, and toss them in the mystic forge for rares.

Sell rares/exotics.

Sell any T5/T6 crafting mats you don’t need.

Keep low tier crafting mats, and upgrade them in the MF with philosopher’s stones any time you end up with a stack.

Don’t be afraid to use MF food and guild bonuses. They’re far cheaper than MF gear and you can keep your build largely intact as long as it doesn’t rely on some specific consumable buff to function.

Use your naturally gained karma to buy the new orrian jewelry boxes. Keep the karma drinks until you have a big stack to use with a karma booster (wait to get one from dailies or buy it with gems), and sell the contents. When you’re ready to drink all that karma, stick on a booster and as many karma buffs as possible, buy a bulk of the boxes, open, drink, buy open, etc. until you’re out of karma. This nets a decent amount of money for karma you weren’t doing anything with anyway as the boxes tend to drop high value lodestones and in bulk openings you end up with several stacks of greys worth over 1g to the vendor (and probably multiple minipets which are account bound :P)

Doing the above things I’ve never had gold problems in GW2.

Thanks! i didnt know about the orrian boxes. very good tips you gave here