Summary of thoughts and experience

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Noha.3749

Noha.3749

Hello there fellas.

Ill summarize my personal thoughts and experience about the game and the community.
Im warning you, reading everything will make you tear your eyes out. Focus on the cathegory you are interested in!

First off ~

Living World:
- I really loved exploring the game early on. The events were exciting, exploring was exciting. Got alot of friends when trying to reach some odd vistas etc. the first months into the game. A great experience overall! - Endgame however will *always* remain endgame. You farm bosses you have done several times before for loot and titles. Nothing to complain about really except they are a bit too easy and forgiving after the patch.

Dungeons & Fractals:
- My experience have been mixed. Its a bit too easy after 3 or so runs on the same path, you learn very quick. Elitist spend more time forcing people into playing certain builds and more time kicking people below their AP and barking at them for their mistakes, which ends up in the total time spent is about the same as accepting a "lower" player into their ranks and just letting them learn on the run.

PvP:
-First off, im *no hardcore* PvP player, got about 800 games or so. Profession balance and amulets is the more specified question regarding how it plays. My opinion before the patch was actually positive except a bit stiff meta. It was more forgiving due to Zerker Amulets vitality along with traitstats. After the patch.. I must say im still positive! Active defense and quick reactiontime is a must. Now you actually have to respect eachothers damage potential instead of yolo-jumping into combat. Some bugs here and there but none is worse than the other, and obviously Anet will need to tone and fix some stuff. *I will go into more detail in my Profession summary*

WvW:
- My precious WvW, countless hours spent in this wonderful gamemode. I *LOVE* WvW. Its a big battlefield with "no" rules nor demands. People will always complain about how you spend your time in WvW, about the enemies being cheese or how unfair the matchups are. Guess what? I dont care if i spend most hours outnumbered. That means more tryhard for me when roaming, and more intense blobwars. The evil laughter you barely can stay away from when you continously gank enemy elementalists running towards their blob, the times you barely managed to survive when coming across an interrupting enemy blob. List goes on. For me its still like in PvP; Used to be more forgiving, not anymore. Which is fine by me.

80 Everything except Ranger & Guardian.
Theorycrafter & trickster.
Friend, father & lover!

(edited by Noha.3749)

Noha.3749

Profession:
Elementalist:
- Elementalists can be played pretty much however you want atm. From the easy-to-play D/D(or D/F) celestial build which is like playing _"Linking Park-Doesn´t even matter"_ on repeat on a piano. To carefully headbashing your face on your abilities in a S/F build whilst making sure you are in the right attunement while doing it. The only hard build IMO is Staff builds in WvW. Mind you im not going to claim anything is harder than the other, given some time and experience with the profession. - At the moment i must say im a bit bothered with the Ele Celestial damage (power and expecially burning) along with the sustain they got. The patch took some of their bulk and turned it into quite a bit too much damage for the build. Im still ok with it, but its weird to adapt to when fighting an elementalist compared to pre-patch.

Engineer:
- I love engineers. Always have. A bit harder to play than elementalists, most due to being a bit more "clunky" with their kit swaps compared to attunement swapping. They are decent and have always been except for some bugs here and there. They have hardcounters for every build, and they hardcounter some other professions. Fits into this games stone-paper-scissor balance. - Yeah i know, granade barrage (granades overall) is probably bugged atm. Granades doing damage for piercing AND exploding is most likely not intended. No need to go hardcore at it this close after the major patch. People who use it are cheese, but hey. So would most of you if you had an engineer. Meanwhile, people throwing reports on people for using a certain trait are a bunch of whiny kids that will always find something to cry at. *Will cover player behaviour more in the Community tab*

Mesmer:
- Before the patch i was usually impressed if i got outplayed by a mesmer, after the patch they recieved some much needed love and build versitality, which they got. They are however problematic after the patch. Certain things NEED to get toned down: - Mesmers damage is fair. They run with zerker gear and build for 100% damage. They should do tons of damage. *Problem is that god kitten PU* (Prismatic Understanding). Anet instanerfed the wrong traits after the patch. PU stealth duration is the problem. No body asked for it. They now outstealth thieves chaining Cloak & Dagger on targets pretty much, minus the risk of being in melee with 11k hp. Bringing the damage they rightfully deserve but having so little risk to it is the problem. Its GREAT that they now have abilities to keep them safer from Thieves etc. Aka. Blind on shatter for example. But stealth uptime for about ~50 seconds is plain and simple cheese.

Friend, father & lover!

(edited by Noha.3749)

Noha.3749

Thieves:
- I actually like the changes to thieves. More damage, quite a bit less surviveability. That is FAIR. With that amount of damage you SHOULD die if someone sees through your assassination atempt. - Actually thats about it when it comes to thieves. Its a good boost to damage, especielly since everyone else also got a damage boost. The lack of surviveability through passive defense (vitality & thoughness from traits) is fair.

Necromancer:
-Powermancer is the same as always except they can now gain some support or extra surviveability due to Spite and Soul Reaping making up all their dmg they need. So they can use the last line however they want pretty much. - Condimancer is IMO worse versus powerbuilds than pre-patch. They do however thrive at transferring all the sweet burning stacks back to enemy condiplayers. I think its somewhat fair-fair to have them being the king of the hill when it comes to condi vs condi fights. But thats about it. Transfering condis is not as fun as putting out alot of condis yourself. Not fun to rely on returning a bunch of condis to be able to deal dmg. - Consume condition wasnt as bad as i thought it would be after patch. Still painful on paper and vs enemies that time their spike dmg. Plague is still plague cept you wont camp it out to endure outnumbered fights for too long.

Warrior: TBA
Guardian: TBA
Ranger: TBA
(I cant back up my opinions/arguments on War, Guard & Ranger due to lack of experience playing the professions enough.)

Ingame Community:
- Ingame community is mostly great. Im impressed by the amount of times strangers help other players ingame. Most respect others in almost all aspects of the game. WvW is great. There are no rules but alot of players play by moral codes, and if you dont.. well thats still fine because you know what? You dont have to adapt to others in WvW. Ofcourse ruining the fun or strategies of your friendly blob is epic lame. But a single player can only do so much. (There are those players that empty supply camps for example, that is.. well. An exception.). PvP is friendly enough, and obviously you will run into some vocal minority crying at anything they find not being in their odds. PvE wise i must say personally that i havent had any trouble with the elitists nor the casuals. But i notice how fellow casuals not being as "lucky" as others in finding elitist that lets you join in.

Community forum:
-This is where most negativity arise. Mostly from the same players that always find something that doesnt fit them like a glove and have to cry about it. MOST negative threads are written by the same 5-6 players, and suprisingly they got sooo much to cry about, and changing opinion from one week to another is way too common. Lets just say that i know how i wont raise my son (no offense to any parents out there). - I must agree that the awfully repeating playerbase that constantly have something struck up between their cheeks is a small minority thinking they speak for everyone. Most players are decent beings with decent standards and arguments.

What grinds my gears:
- Ive got a relatively slow learning curve, but once it sticks it never leaves, which leads to a slow adaption to changes. - Bought Ultimate Edition HoT during specialization hype train. - Specialization reveals stopped, slowly killing off my hype, which makes the pre-expansion game incredibly dull with nothing interesting to achieve until we know more.

Thats it!
Not the most interesting read for most, feel free to comment on what you disagree/agree on etc. but most importantly, have a great day!

Friend, father & lover!

(edited by Noha.3749)

Noha.3749

// My spoilers are not working. Halp.

Friend, father & lover!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Maybe remove any spaces between [spoiler] and [/spoiler]?

Like this Here is my spoiler. =)

Noha.3749

Maybe remove any spaces between [spoiler] and [/spoiler]?

Like this Here is my spoiler. =)

thanks!

Friend, father & lover!

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Have you tried to turn it off and on again?
Or RTKMremove the spaces

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Noha.3749

Have you tried to turn it off and on again?
Or RTKMremove the spaces

got it the way i want it now, thx though ^^

Friend, father & lover!