Sunless Fraud!

Sunless Fraud!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

For such a long time i wanted this sword cuz the preveiw showed the darker coller of the blade and the green lights and ingame its gray!
i got i7 gtx 760 i dont believe its me
[&C9gUAAA=] This is the code
tell me if im wrong

Attachments:

Sunless Fraud!

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

I think this is purely due to the way preview lighting is setup. Only a few places in the gameworld have lighting similar to it, so most of the time items do look different.

But grats on getting the hoard!

Sunless Fraud!

Shiro Tegachii.5619

whose sword do i need to sharpen to get the colors right?

Sunless Fraud!

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

It’s going to look different in different locations.

Ambient lighting can have a huge effect on how weapons, armor, dye, and even characters’ hair color and skin tones appear. The preview window has one specific lighting setup, and where you are in that screenshot has a dramatically different ambient lighting to it.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Sunless Fraud!

Posted by: LimitBreaker.4165

LimitBreaker.4165

Felt the same way about the dwayna’s greatsword would refund if I could.

Sunless Fraud!

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

It’s going to look different in different locations.

I don’t know how people can play the game and not notice this right away. Every area I’ve ever been in seems to feel different color wise. There are areas that my Grape haired Sylvari goes where her hair is Bright Burgandy. Other areas its like a dark thistle.

Explore the world and find the map you like your weapon’s colors and stay there, I guess? XD

Sunless Fraud!

Shiro Tegachii.5619

Felt the same way about the dwayna’s greatsword would refund if I could.

i man i bet its the same feels!

Sunless Fraud!

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Yup- ambient lighting has a major impact.

Also, any gear that is reflective will somewhat take on the colours of its surroundings. Post-processing can also interfere with gear’s “true” colour.

Another thing to look at is your own graphics settings. Shaders have a masisve impact on these things and many weapons look significantly different in colour with different shader settings (look at Wintersbark/Wintersbite on each of the different shader settings to get an idea).

Sunless Fraud!

Posted by: MoS.5970

MoS.5970

Is that in the pvp lobby? everything is duller and sad in there. take into lion’s arch or gendarran