Sunrise & Twilight skins free unlocks?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jagabs.5086

jagabs.5086

Also, binding Eternity would only give player B the Eternity skin. Not Sunrise and Twilight. I don’t know why you think it would?

Quoted from the blog post: “….you will unlock all of the skins in that direct line of progression. That means that if you made Twilight, you will have access to both the Twilight and Dusk skins across your entire account. If you’ve created the Dynamic Tempered Spinal Blades, you’ll unlock that skin and all previous Spinal Blade skins.”

If this logic applies, equipping Eternity would give you the following skins, Sunrise, Twilight, Dusk and Dawn.

(edited by jagabs.5086)

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

This is still as easy as changing the forge recipe. Bound swords going in? Bound Eternity coming out. Unbound swords going in? Unbound Eternity coming out.

…….everything solved.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

This is still as easy as changing the forge recipe. Bound swords going in? Bound Eternity coming out. Unbound swords going in? Unbound Eternity coming out.

…….everything solved.

This seems to be the most reasonable and technically feasible way to eliminate the exploit potential. I still don’t get why people seem to believe that the visuals of a Legendary are equal to having a Legendary but I guess this world is full of superficial ideals….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

^ because progression in the game is based around cosmetics, and the whole point of legendaries is their skin.

Change the skin of Sunrise to that of a normal exotic, but keep the BiS and star swap functions and see how much more the price tanks compared to if you did it the other way round.

Xae Isareth.1364

2 days to patch and still no answer to this?

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

So has this been addressed or are we all gonna go farm Twilights and Sunrises for the free skins?

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

So has this been addressed or are we all gonna go farm Twilights and Sunrises for the free skins?

Free is such a relative term isn’kitten

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Also, binding Eternity would only give player B the Eternity skin. Not Sunrise and Twilight. I don’t know why you think it would?

Quoted from the blog post: “….you will unlock all of the skins in that direct line of progression. That means that if you made Twilight, you will have access to both the Twilight and Dusk skins across your entire account. If you’ve created the Dynamic Tempered Spinal Blades, you’ll unlock that skin and all previous Spinal Blade skins.”

If this logic applies, equipping Eternity would give you the following skins, Sunrise, Twilight, Dusk and Dawn.

I believe that refers to items specifically like the spinal blades/capacitor/that halloween flaming book, that power up? Versus weapons that combine? I can certainly see the confusion though. I guess we need to try it to find out.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Let me know how you farm those items and I’ll be the first one to buy your newsletter. If you mean farm for gold to buy those items. Then….yea. People already do that. It’s how many have gotten legendaries. Buy gold, buy legendaries.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Xae Isareth.1364

Let me know how you farm those items and I’ll be the first one to buy your newsletter. If you mean farm for gold to buy those items. Then….yea. People already do that. It’s how many have gotten legendaries. Buy gold, buy legendaries.

Except now there’s an extra step of sell legendary, get skin for next to free.

Posted by: ValeN.3129

ValeN.3129

I’m sorry but i’m pretty positive legendary itens will not be skinnable through wardrobe.

No one considered this?

Nvm i’m wrong. Anyway, freebie for the rich.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Lol legendaries were specifically mentioned to be added to the wardrobe. Read the blog again!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Xae Isareth.1364

Not even a single dev response on this for months. Wonderful.

Posted by: Domination.4856

Domination.4856

If you unlock Eternity as a skin it will bind itself to you I think.

Posted by: Smithay.1635

Smithay.1635

This literally is not a problem, if everyone starts doing this then the value of eternity on the market will tank down to not much higher than twilight, you won’t be able to combine them and get your money back. Who is going to be buying all of these eternities on the market anyways if you can just get ‘free’ skins with your method.

Posted by: Doppeltukan.5023

Doppeltukan.5023

Have anyone tried out?

Xae Isareth.1364

Sorry to necro this thread but, seriously, what’s the verdict on this?

Just looking at the price of Eternity now, it’s a real issue, so why all the silence over it?