Super Adventure Box - Part 3 (April 1st?)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GLaDOS.3705

GLaDOS.3705

Dear developers,

I know that you’re going to take a break after current living story, but could you at least tell us if we’re going to get Super Adventure Box on April 1st? We have been waiting for half a year two times already. I know that SAB Team are working separately from you and there’re only 3 people, so maybe we can get it? It’s not quite living story for sure, but you cannot believe how much it means to us.

Best regards,
SAB Fans

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I loved the SAB, but I would really rather see other areas of the game fleshed out better: New zones opened, guild halls, new skills, new PvP game modes, new PvP maps, new dungeons, etc.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

As we come closer and closer to the announced big Feature Updates which should start at the end of March after we have received basically with the day of 18th March the conclusion of Season 1, that opens up the path for Season 2, I think we will see alot of different things first to happen with things like old things returning into the game as a kind of blending in to buy Anet more time to make the big Features.

Stuff like:

• The Return of the Zephirites, which could be a perfect introduction theme as a Patch for implementing as one of the most wished big features the Tengus as a new playable race together with 3 new explorable Maps – Sanctum Cay, their Hometown, the Sea of Sorrows and something like the Tarnished Coast.
  • Then there will be soon also WvW Season 2 as a Spring Tournament, which could be used to implement also within it alot of WvW specific big new Features, like
    - Accountbound W-ExP
    - Alot of new WvW Skills, like especially Class Specific WvW-Skills
    - Commander System Redesign adding there alot of new features for Commanders
    - Some new Traps, new types of Siege Golems, new types of Catapults, Rams, Trebuchets ect. that have slightly different skills
    - Maxing alot of the existing WvW Skilsl to 10 Perks and merging some of the obsolete WvW Skills and rebalancing the costs of perks in regard of WvW Ranks…300 ranks just for +5 Supply is ridiculous
    - Reworking all of the WvW Achievements to make them significantly easier to progress in and let them reward also better in AP (retroactively)
    - Implementation of some of the EotM Features into the current other WvW Maps
    - Merging all 3 Borderlands into 1 single huge new Map.

WvW has extremely alot of potential to be improved significantly still

• Letting Humans reactivate in Divinities Reach a reworked and improved version of the Crown Pavillion letting it make possible for players to fight again agaisnt various special enemies, including Liadri again to allow it peopel again to work on the Liadri Minipet and the corresponding achievements for defeating liadri and other new bosses.
    The Reactiavtion of the Crown Pavillion could be used to implement maybe alot of big new features that could be based on players as like guilds.
    Stuff like Housing and alot of Guild Improvments could find their way into the game with that patch ,as also like Features like *Dueling and a clasical Colosseum where players could fight against unendless waves of enemies, until they die using a reworked Gambit System also and includign as new Feature for instanced content like Dungeons or Personal Stores the Hard Mode using gambits to make the replayability of these thigns more rewarding, including making thigns like Heart Quests and the personal Story finally resetable and that way replayable if you like introducing also again Books which you could fill up with entries from completing dungeons or your personal story that you could give to NPCs to receive some really outstandign special rewards for completed books.
Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Part 2:

• Dragon Bash could return making Dragon Ball a new addition to the list of permant playable Minigames as like finalyl addign alot of the other minigames to the table, like Polymok, Bar Brawl, Fishing, Rollerbeetle Races, Archery ect.
  • A kind of Fashion Fest themed patch could be used to implement new features like Legendary Armors, Legendary accessoires and raising finaly also Jewelers and Cooks to rank 500 as also implementign stuff like Ascended Runes and Ascended Sigils and implementing the complete redesign of the Runes and Sigils, that has been announced basically. that patch could be also used to maybe add some new achievements under the Fashion Achievement Tab, like something that requires of the player to create ascended/legendary armors or something, that stands in together with collecting town clothes and or crafting town clothes.
    GW2 could get improved so much much more about town clothes, the game has way too less of them and what the shop offers so far, is ridiculous.
    Townclothes, except special seasonal ones or so, should become also something, that players should be able to craft in a huge amount of different styles and looks
  • Somethign like SAB 3 I see are just pure fun feature patches, somethign I think that could fit better for content, like a patch ,that focus mainly on Class Balance, less on adding new permanent features, because cureently SAB is no permanent feature.
    But it should become one, once all of the SAB worlds become explorable, or they need to add somethign new under the term of SAB making SAb basicalyl just stand for the feature, allowing it Net to recreate other games into a kind of retroactive look.

The current SAB worlds are all inspired by the old NES Legend of Zelda-games and Super Mario Games basically.

It like to see for example a new SAB stylized game that plays like a combination out of Megaman and Super Metroid.
I think that would make up also for a very awesome combination, if we could play such a game with out characters in such a style, that we adapt new skilsl in these games by defeatign special bosses the whole game being more of an action based Shooter with little adventure aspects, unlike the current SAB game worlds all beign about alot more Adventures based on exploration, jump&run passages for the Jumping Puzzle lovers ect.

Creativity overflow in …3….2………..1

BOOM

Brief said:
*I think we will see alot of great things gettign added to GW2, once the big Feature Updates come and I think they will get wrapped up in Patches that we have had seen already in the past, some of them like especially Zephirites, SAB, Dragon bash or access to the Crown Pavillion and its content (Weapon Skins and adding new armor sets in the style of the Pavillion weapons) have to return

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Dear developers,

I know that you’re going to take a break after current living story, but could you at least tell us if we’re going to get Super Adventure Box on April 1st? We have been waiting for half a year two times already. I know that SAB Team are working separately from you and there’re only 3 people, so maybe we can get it? It’s not quite living story for sure, but you cannot believe how much it means to us.

Best regards,
SAB Fans

Sorry, but you aren’t speaking for me. I really don’t want Anet wasting their time working on this kind of fluff until other core issues with the game are solved.

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Since April 1st would be an ordinary release day if they keep the fortnightly rhythm SAB would fit nicely as a one month long event.

Posted by: Nyel.1843

Nyel.1843

Orpheal, your ideas sound great but that is way too much I guess. New race (for free?) and 3 new maps in one patch? And all the other stuff? Hell, with that you could fill nearly a whole expansion…

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Dear developers,

Best regards,
SAB Fans

Sorry, but you aren’t speaking for me. I really don’t want Anet wasting their time working on this kind of fluff until other core issues with the game are solved.

In which case can we at least have worlds 1 and 2 back? Ideally without taking them away again. I love SAB and it sucks only being allowed to play it two months of the year.

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

WE WANT SAB NOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

GLaDOS.3705

WE WANT SAB NOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

Always and forever!

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Wohoo never been there. Bad graphics inside.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

bad? no, nothing is pixellated…

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

GLaDOS.3705

Okay.

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

gameplay>>>>>>graphics

Attachments:

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I want my Red and Purple SAB weapons. :P

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I really hope they test out all of the achievements for SAB. Myself, including many others, spent the first half of the month last time in W2Z3 scouring every corner possible trying to find the missing bauble when the achievement was coded incorrectly and requiring us to collect more than there were on the map. I’m also hoping that World 3 is much more difficult that World 2.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I’ll be a really sad quaggan if SAB doesn’t come back on April 1st. The release of the first SAB was last year April 1st.

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

I hope to see the return of SAB! Maybe it won’t line up with an April 1st release date, but I have really enjoyed the first two releases and would love to see the next soon. It’s one of my favorite parts of the game.

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

I hope this stupid adventure box never returns. And if it does, for those who like it, enjoy.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

I hope this stupid adventure box never returns. And if it does, for those who like it, enjoy.

lol. SAB may be one of the most successful pieces of content gw2 has ever released. The funny thing it is also completely random, so random that it almost doesn’t belong in game, because of how much it diverges from the lore. But the game design and philosophy behind so much of it is what makes it a huge success. Of course they will bring it back, for the 3rd and 4th world, and then perhaps permanently keep it there.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I miss SAB and I can’t wait to see what kind of evil traps Mr.Foreman & co. devised for us. I also can’t wait to hear W3 tunes <3

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I came in here to show my support. Really can’t wait for the next SAB.

Posted by: Logos.1306

Logos.1306

why they changed super mace skin . I want my old skin back

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

lol. SAB may be one of the most successful pieces of content gw2 has ever released. The funny thing it is also completely random, so random that it almost doesn’t belong in game, because of how much it diverges from the lore. But the game design and philosophy behind so much of it is what makes it a huge success. Of course they will bring it back, for the 3rd and 4th world, and then perhaps permanently keep it there.

Whatever you say.

Moon is right, no matter how much you wish to deny it. It has still been the most positively received update yet. You are the minority.

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I really don’t understand why it is so popular… sorry but I thought it was kinda crap.
Personally I would be perfectly happy if it never ever returned to the game, so I wont have to see more of those ugly weapon skins around. Sorry but that is my opinion.

However seeing it is so popular for reasons I cannot comprehend, I do think it will come back, though perhaps not permanent. And all of you who like it can enjoy it as much as you want, I will do something else. Not like I am going to be upset, rage or somesuch because of it.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

What do graphics have to do with video games?

(edited by Hybarf Tics.2048)

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

Whatever you say.

Moon is right, no matter how much you wish to deny it. It has still been the most positively received update yet. You are the minority.

Not denying anything, I’m just kind of baffled by how some of you are overreacting to my opinion.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Xenon.4537

Not denying anything, I’m just kind of baffled by how some of you are overreacting to my opinion.

Overreaction? On a forum??? What is this I don’t even!

Xenon.4537

…so random that it almost doesn’t belong in game, because of how much it diverges from the lore…

How exactly does SAB diverge from the lore?

Asura = technomagically superior race
SAB = technomagical device invented by Asura

Seems lore-friendly to me. I agree with the rest of your post, I’m just a stickler for minutiae.