Super Adventure Box skins?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gabe.6810

Gabe.6810

Heyo,

I came a bit late to the party- I started playing shortly after Super Adventure Box closed last time and hence missed out on the really awesome weapon skins. Is there a way to acquire those skins outside the super adventure box and/or do you think they’ll ever bring it back given that apparently last time it was kind of a flop?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

No way to get them at this time aside from the ones you can buy on the TP. They said they will bring it back at some point in the future.

The Burninator

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

They sold a gem store item relating to the super adventure box, so I certainly hope they plan to bring it back. However, there was an interview recently that indicated it was not being worked on at all, and a statement was made that it doesn’t fit with the living story, so who knows? Your guess is as good as anyone’s.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Gabe.6810

No way to get them at this time. They said they will bring it back at some point in the future.

Thank you, Dragon Overlord.

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

You can no longer obtain the green and yellow weapons skins, however, if you are made of money you can buy the blue weapons from the trading post. Supply is very limited though. Also, I’m not 100% sure how accurate this is because I don’t remember the source, but I think I remember hearing that it will be coming back. Though there are no current plans for it at the moment.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Anet explicitly said it was coming back in the future, on these very forums I believe.

Guhracie.3419

Anet explicitly said it was coming back in the future, on these very forums I believe.

I’d like to see a source for that.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

Said here. Some believe it to be as early as Q4 2021, but maybe later yet.

Attachments:

Guhracie.3419

Said here. Some believe it to be as early as Q4 2021, but maybe later yet.

Ahaha, love it. Thanks for finding that for me. I’d given up on that thread, as it was so depressing to read. Interestingly enough, I’m only slightly reassured. Because, truthfully, without that statement, they’d be obligated to issue refunds on the infinite continue coins. I can only imagine how they’ll handle the return of SAB, given all the recent changes that were blanketed with protests, and their response was to say, “But you SAID you wanted this! We’re only doing what YOU WANTED!” I’m not feeling positive they’re going to avoid corrupting the SAB wish, too.

-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Although there was that SAB item datamined from Tuesday’s patch…

[&AgG7BwEAAA==] Storm Wizard Weapon Box

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2la57l/datamining_upcoming_features_from_echoes_of_the/

Guhracie.3419

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2la57l/datamining_upcoming_features_from_echoes_of_the/

Yeah, I saw that, but my speculation is that it’s for a PvP reward track.

-Mike O’Brien

Gabe.6810

A lot of people would probably rage about this but I’d be thrilled.

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

I would come very close to becoming one of the people on these forums to whom I refer as “speshul snowflakes,” having gotten my storm wizard weapons through sheer blood, sweat, and tears. Then I would take a step back, breath deeply, and be over it.

I’d only get upset in a lasting way if they make this pvp track without also bringing back SAB at the same time- that would be a slap in the face to those of us who really enjoyed it.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Guhracie.3419

I would come very close to becoming one of the people on these forums to whom I refer as “speshul snowflakes,” having gotten my storm wizard weapons through sheer blood, sweat, and tears. Then I would take a step back, breath deeply, and be over it.

I’d only get upset in a lasting way if they make this pvp track without also bringing back SAB at the same time- that would be a slap in the face to those of us who really enjoyed it.

It’s different than the “speshul snowflakes” because you’re not opposed to other people getting the items, it’s a matter of difficulty scaling. If it’s a PvP track, it’s practically negligible, compared to trib mode.

-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

It’s different than the “speshul snowflakes” because you’re not opposed to other people getting the items, it’s a matter of difficulty scaling. If it’s a PvP track, it’s practically negligible, compared to trib mode.

Honestly, I find hotjoin pvp more painful than tribulation mode- there’s no faster way for me to despise people in general than playing pvp.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I wouldn’t mind others having it, so much as I’d mind the reward structure being ripped out of SAB. Currently, it’s fantastic. Trib mode would still be fun, but it would lose its sense of reward for your efforts, which is a really big part of it.

The current system is fantastic. Blue skins for everyone, so you can still get the “style” if you want it. Coloured skins of the exact same quality for people who take the time to get them. I’m hoping the PvP track gives blues, but not others.

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

I wouldn’t mind others having it, so much as I’d mind the reward structure being ripped out of SAB. Currently, it’s fantastic. Trib mode would still be fun, but it would lose its sense of reward for your efforts, which is a really big part of it.

The current system is fantastic. Blue skins for everyone, so you can still get the “style” if you want it. Coloured skins of the exact same quality for people who take the time to get them. I’m hoping the PvP track gives blues, but not others.

unfortunately we dont know what anes says about this
they havnt even said there will be a reward track..

its all just the speculation what this stormwizard weapon box is all about..
i think its most likely a pvp reward track end chest…
i dont like that idea either …

if we would have datamined more .. like the frog king weapon box ..and probably a third one? … then we could argue that anet just wants to change the way those skins are given to us
(it was kinda strange be4)

it is kinda strange that we only found world twos box..
im probably speculating too much (just because i dont want to accept it is coming as a pvp reward >_<)
but what if this box is just anets beta to test if they can give weaponsskins (also add those almost done existing ones)
or…
something ?..
:(

probly not huh?

cmon i want to hear some speculations from u guys
(into the direction sab not becoming a pvp reward track >___>)