Support and Participation Changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LTREEVEY.2348

LTREEVEY.2348

I suppose we can wait for a blog post, but this new function coming soon should also usher in an added importance of support, but will it? Will the ability to earn participation through support encourage people into that play style or are we still in need of the content to warrant that type of play?

I would like to see a shake up in the support role. Thoughts?

#RastaSyl-Vari
#ShrubLife
#DoItForTheVine

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

What possible interest can they generate in support roles?
I played a ranger for a long time and never once thought of it as a support character.
I’m insulted by what’s happened to the toon and it will sit while I gradually strip it of stuff needed by actual combat characters.
I’ll trade the ability to remove 13 conditions off my allies for a 100 damage skill
EVERY TIME.
Goodbye ranger. You were fun to play.

Posted by: LTREEVEY.2348

LTREEVEY.2348

What possible interest can they generate in support roles?
I played a ranger for a long time and never once thought of it as a support character.
I’m insulted by what’s happened to the toon and it will sit while I gradually strip it of stuff needed by actual combat characters.
I’ll trade the ability to remove 13 conditions off my allies for a 100 damage skill
EVERY TIME.
Goodbye ranger. You were fun to play.

So… Can you no longer play combat on Ranger? Must’ve must seed that patch note. Resurrect your ranger.
And obviously, for some one who had no intentions of playing support, the upcoming changes arent intended for you, but for people who may have tried support and/or healing and were steered away from it for the obvious reasons.

#RastaSyl-Vari
#ShrubLife
#DoItForTheVine

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

I suppose we can wait for a blog post, but this new function coming soon should also usher in an added importance of support, but will it? Will the ability to earn participation through support encourage people into that play style or are we still in need of the content to warrant that type of play?

I would like to see a shake up in the support role. Thoughts?

It’s worthless.
In massive events you have to tag every single mobs to get drops.

You think anybody care to be tagged for the event by healing/cleansing when he can tag mobs and get drops too? I think every class will continue to aoe tag, spamming both healing and damage skills. AoE AoE AoE