Support token = $, Representation = 0

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

Ahahahahaha!!! Support tokens can now be sold for something like a silver apiece, but representation tokens, the ones that you have by, you know, actually participating in the event as intended, are worthless!
Ahahahahahaha!!!
Oh, god, this is sad. So, so sad.

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Yup, around 3g lost for me.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Busko.7408

Busko.7408

yea this is another slap from Anet we get punished for participating in the event. Should have been other way around buttons should sell and peeps that just dident vote should get 0.

Im a Kitty Cat rawr
what what what….

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I didn’t vote because I knew what the outcome would be as soon as I saw cheaper wapoints vs. cheaper Black Lion Keys. Also I didn’t want to do the events tied to the meta. So it worked in my favor. I can see where it is a bummer for those that did though. I can see letting people sell the supports in the event they had some left over after the event but the reps should have been sellable as well I suppose. I’m not sure but do the rep tokens give you a temporary buff when you use them? If so that might be why.

The Burninator

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

yea this is another slap from Anet we get punished for participating in the event. Should have been other way around buttons should sell and peeps that just dident vote should get 0.

Not really surprising though. This is becoming the standard for Anet

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Lpfan.3578

Lpfan.3578

Yep, no matter who you voted for this is at least a little bit of a bummer.
I voted a bunch for Gnashblade and a few times for Kiel (to get representation pins) and now, I could have made several more gold if I had not wasted my vote tokens on the losing candidate.

Now these people who didn’t even take part in the event, but just held on to those vote tokens so they could delete them all at one time after the event instead of deleting them every time one dropped… they get rewarded for simply hanging on to what they probably assumed was going to be a pile of trash by the end of the event.

(edited by Lpfan.3578)

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

welcome to the world of politics where both sides aim is to kitten you over, glad I saved mine.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I’m still getting support tokens from chests, when will it stop.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Now these people who didn’t even take part in the event, but just held on to those vote tokens so they could delete them all at one time after the event instead of deleting them every time one dropped…

Since I never intended to vote I actually deleted a bunch of them when my bags were getting full. Funny thing is they ended up being worth more than the item that took their place.

The Burninator

Posted by: Grumwulf.9602

Grumwulf.9602

I was so annoyed yesterday when I realised I had forgotten to vote and all my tokens were wasted. I nearly dumped them in frustration. But today I am whistling a very happy tune.

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

My guild mate told me before the patch to keep Support Tokens to sell after the event, i’m glad i listened to her

Posted by: Limnage.9581

Limnage.9581

Lesson is don’t take part in living story content. Anet will reward you for not using the currency for its intended use.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Ya’ll sound like a bunch of old spinster women nagging about the new neighbor. There’s still plenty of other ways to make money, especially with the new champion drops. You got nobody to blame but yourselves for not voting and deleting your token stacks. There’s champs to be farmed! Go get em!

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It just teaches us that voting is a bad waste of money. Kinda like RL.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I didn’t vote and deleted my tokens before the update

This is going to cause fewer people to vote next time.

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

I hope nobody votes next time because of this. Wow. We should have been able to trade the winning support buttons, not unused vote tickets. Hurrr.

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

Ya’ll sound like a bunch of old spinster women nagging about the new neighbor. There’s still plenty of other ways to make money, especially with the new champion drops. You got nobody to blame but yourselves for not voting and deleting your token stacks. There’s champs to be farmed! Go get em!

Wtf are you talking about. The issue isn’t that we can’t make money, it’s that the people who actually participated in the event by voting with their support tokens and have potentially a few stacks of now worthless representation tokens are punished compared to the people who simply sat on the support tokens and did jack kitten with them. Explain to me how that makes sense. I’d love to hear it.

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

Berelious.3290

Wtf are you talking about. The issue isn’t that we can’t make money, it’s that the people who actually participated in the event by voting with their support tokens and have potentially a few stacks of now worthless representation tokens are punished compared to the people who simply sat on the support tokens and did jack kitten with them. Explain to me how that makes sense. I’d love to hear it.

I’m afraid you’ve misunderstood my position. I too have a stack or two of rep buttons now, and no tokens to cash in for any extra money. I’ll hold on to those buttons, for no reason in particular. My point is that I see nothing to complain over. I used my support tokens, voted, actually got the candidate I voted for. I care nothing for the leftovers. The buttons can sit on a mule character until if/when they become useful for some purpose or another. I simply believe that this issue isn’t an issue. There’s nothing to complain about except the possibility of monetary gain, to which there are always alternatives.

Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

Gee, really, you people act as if this whole piece of cutthroat politics would have been about your personal gain, and not about supporting your candidate to build a better tomorrow for Tyria, tomorrow. You spent your time and resources, and, hopefully, your candidate won. Hooray for you, you can be proud of yourself, you made a difference! That’s your reward. (And if you supported that other guy — whatshisface, can’t remember the name — you had been on the wrong side anyways. )

If you had ever supported a real political candidate you would appreciate the authentic feeling of having stockpiled about a myriad of buttons, posters, banners, shirts, etc. in the back of your garage which, in just one day (aka election day), seem to have somehow lost their purpose completely, but you are just to stubborn to throw them away. Which is especially funny if your candidate ended up loosing.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

(edited by MRA.4758)

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

In other words, the tokens should be worthless after the event.

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

Well, on the one hand, I have a huge stack of now worthless representation tokens.

But on the other hand, at least I’m going to get the fractal I wanted, not the Abaddon one.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

It just teaches us that voting is a bad waste of money. Kinda like RL.

Yeah I can’t help but see some kind of deeper parody of real life voting in this whole event :p

48% of people unhappy about the result…check :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Anet never rewards players for the right reasons. Should have learnt by now

Berelious.3290

Or, perhaps it could be said that people are more than a bit hasty in disposing of what they consider junk.

Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Or, perhaps it could be said that people are more than a bit hasty in disposing of what they consider junk.

I didn’t consider my support tokens junk. I used them for what they were intended. And apparently I shouldn’t have…

Berelious.3290

I didn’t consider my support tokens junk. I used them for what they were intended. And apparently I shouldn’t have…

If you used them for their intended purpose, how did you loose? Even if you voted for Gnashblade, they got used exactly for their intended purpose. The ability to sell them afterwards was probably intended as a way to get them out of circulation. Even if you have stacks of buttons, there isn’t any reason not to hold on to them. Heck sometime down the road you could be walking with a portrait beside your head and leave all the noobs wondering how you pulled the trick off.

Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

message is clear, kitten democracy!

HASTA LA VICTORIA SIEMPRE!

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I am honestly not sure why anyone was voting that much to start with? Voting in a pretend election for temp benefits that had an obvious winner… Other then achievements there really was no reason to vote.

~ AoN ~

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

I’m still getting these things by the dozen as loot, so it makes me happy they are worth something. I just wish I didn’t trash about a hundred of them before finding this out.

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I cast zero votes during the event. I saved all my support tokens and vendored them, yesterday, for ~14g.

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

ANet teaching us a life lesson – Just like real life politics: the only winning move is not to play.

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

If you used them for their intended purpose, how did you loose? Even if you voted for Gnashblade, they got used exactly for their intended purpose. The ability to sell them afterwards was probably intended as a way to get them out of circulation. Even if you have stacks of buttons, there isn’t any reason not to hold on to them. Heck sometime down the road you could be walking with a portrait beside your head and leave all the noobs wondering how you pulled the trick off.

If you used them for their “intended purpose”, you LOST BY NOT USING THEM FOR THEIR “INTENDED PURPOSE” AND SELLING THEM INSTEAD.
How is this a difficult concept?

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

Maybe we’ll use the buttons again in the future…..? :O

No but seriously seems like an oversight, surprised it hasn’t been fixed or commented on.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

It felt incredibly strange to be punished for participating in their event.

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

I earned 6g selling these token, thanks Anette

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I got one from a drop last night.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I’m still getting those kitten tokens as well.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

This, like so many decisions in this game, just didnt seem to be clearly thought through. Maybe it’s a by-product of pumping out content so quickly, or maybe it’s just them being short sighted. /shrug

Arkham Creed.7358

Explain how you are being punished.

Berelious.3290

I still fail to see how this is such a big issue. You feel cheated because you voted for your candidate, but lost out on one of many possible ways to make a couple gold? There’s other ways to make gold in this game, quite a few actually. People should be out doing one of those rather than in here crying “Woe is Me!”

Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Bubbles.1047

Bubbles.1047

If you don’t see the issue, then this is obviously not the thread for you. You should be out there, white-knighting for Anet in other topics, rather than trivializing other players’ concerns here.

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

I knew someone would pick up on that, as I’m aware that punished isn’t exactly the right word to use, but surely you can see where I am coming from where people who didn’t participate were given the ability to make money out of that choice, while those who didn’t, didn’t. Considering the candidate that I backed didn’t win the election, I was rewarded with nothing but some achievement points and a mini if you can count that, but I didn’t even need to vote to get those.

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

I would have figured we could sell the winning candidate’s pins for twice that of the other type or something. Rewarding those who chose not to use theirs is just…odd.

Posted by: Darkeus.2369

Darkeus.2369

I didn’t get to vote. It was over pretty much right after I started playing as I am new. So I am glad to get rid of them. But that is messed up though. Seems backwards. And the Support Tickets shouldn’t be zero…. But they should be less….

Arkham Creed.7358

I knew someone would pick up on that, as I’m aware that punished isn’t exactly the right word to use, but surely you can see where I am coming from where people who didn’t participate were given the ability to make money out of that choice, while those who didn’t, didn’t. Considering the candidate that I backed didn’t win the election, I was rewarded with nothing but some achievement points and a mini if you can count that, but I didn’t even need to vote to get those.

There is a clear difference between not being rewarded, and being punished. But even that doesn’t fit because by your own admission you were rewarded. You just didn’t get the reward you wanted. You had to have known this was going to happen before you started. To one side or the other. For one side to win the vote the other had to lose it, so you had to be aware that there was a chance your votes would be meaningless before you cast them.

As to the money thing, it was a lose/lose situation. Being apparently unable to just remove those support token from the loot tables right away meant that they would keep dropping, and leaving them without value would have just opened the door for people to complain about getting trash for killing mobs and completing runs. At least this way you know you get something when you happen upon a drop.

I understand that you feel like you would have gotten more monetary gain from not using your tokens and then selling them all later, but that wasn’t what the event was about, so you’re not being punished for partaking in it. If anything you can count this issue as a minor exploit; as people really weren’t intended to have a bunch of unused tokens to begin with.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I’m still getting support tokens from chests, when will it stop.

please don’t stop.
i enjoy the extra silvers.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think the biggest oversight was not allowing us to use the Representative buttons for SOMETHING. Either let us sell it for the same amount as the Support Tokens, trade it in for Kite Fortunes, or make it grant a buff (this last method might be the safest method).