Survey: Remove Achievement Leaderboards?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Those who do not care about the leaderboards can ignore them if they so choose, so its somewhat ridiculous for them to be removed. Arguing for the removal of something that does not matter to you, but that you know matters to others is singularly repulsive.

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Wait…AP from GW1 count towards AP totals in GW2? Really?

I can see why they gave GW1 players HoM….but being granted AP in GW2 is just ridiculous! Wow….

If there were no leaderboards this wouldn’t matter. Anet has said way before GW2 even launched that GW1 players would be rewarded in GW2. Not sure why that outrages you or makes you upset when this was something they said before we even saw that the Mesmer was a returning class to the game.

Like I said , I have no problem with GW1 players getting HoM…but it is wrong that achievement points themselves count towards the totals in GW2…is that to hard to understand?

HoM is not enough of a reward?

I also never mentioned the learder boards in my post so don’t know why you felt inclined to include it in your response. But since you brought it up…it would matter even without the leader boards because GW1 players are getting an unfair advance to GW2 items outside of HoM (which apparently was the reward to GW1 players).

Firstly, it’s your opinion that APs should not be rewarded to HoM completionists, it’s neither wrong or right, just an opinion.

Secondly, since the maker of the two games are 100% percent the same, and had stated GW1 players who achieved certain rewards in that game would be rewarded in their second game is entirely their decision. Their motto has always been “listening to the players and giving the players what they want.” At the time, GW1 players wanted to be rewarded if buying ArenaNets second series of GW, and that’s what they did.
Simply because some GW2 players missed out on the opportunities to play GW1 in its prime is in no ArenaNet or GW1 players fault. They wanted to reward our loyalty, and they did.

In regards to why APs were probably upped in points is simply because faltering numbers in the active players in the original game have dropped drastically and they want to give incentive to players to finish up their HoM and create an active fanbase for a bit longer. Again it’s completely their decision.

Both sides are going to stand firm on why or why not they should be rewarded. In constructive debate/criticism should not include jealously that someone has something that said person doesn’t.

Can you quote me saying I am jealous? Please?

Really…go ahead…try…

Please re-read what I had written in regards to this subject. The only statement directed to you was the first sentence. The rest of my entire post was a statement in general directed towards all audiences in this thread.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

If you don’t like the leaderboards…..don’t friggin look at them. Removing them is stupid.

The page does not pop up in your face. It isn’t part of your UI. It’s not a page you have to see to get to another page. You have to voluntarily go to that page to see it or even know its there. So don’t like it? Stop going to the page to look at it.

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

I dont care about them. Im more interested in what people have done than how many points, but people need to stop complaining about HoM and dailies.

Dont like people beating you from HoM? Buy GW1. Dont like people beating you from dailies? DO THEM TOO. I do them every day when I can. Its really not that hard.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I won’t lie- I completely forgot those leaderboards existed.

I could be wrong and making a kittenumption here, but there’s a very good chance that the only people who even frequent those boards are the ones trying to get to the top. lol

In fact, off the top of my head I can’t even think where you go to view them. I’d have to google it lol

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

I don’t think they should be removed as I’m sure there’s a couple dozen people that like to use them, though I do think they should have an option to take yourself off the leaderboard as well though and have your score hidden as well. I know several people who feel the same way that they would just prefer to be left off the leaderboards and have the score hidden to avoid direct competition with those around them and avoid having to then grind out more achievements to catch or stay ahead of whoever.

Posted by: william dj.6953

william dj.6953

imo the only reason some ppl want them to be removed is because they are mad for not getting points for something they didn’t do. and jealous of those who did the work and earned them.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

imo the only reason some ppl want them to be removed is because they are mad for not getting points for something they didn’t do. and jealous of those who did the work and earned them.

Not even close. Most of the people who want them removed (and most of us are just speaking of the PvE boards) are the ones who got the rewards. We are just sick and tired of the belly aching cry babies who think the PvE boards are competitive, and have been raging how “all the GW1 players are a bunch of greedy low lives” because we got 500 measly points that they did not. Supposedly we ruined their lives because they went down in the leader boards because we demanded those 500 points(which no one did).

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I like them. I like feeling like I’m in the top 10%, even though I know some percentage of the other 90% left the game long ago.

Edit: of course I would also have no problem if they were removed.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: CeNedro.7560

CeNedro.7560

Make them optional. Let us ‘hide’ ourselves!

Posted by: Stego.3148

Stego.3148

If dailys were not included they would be relatively easy to cap to max achievements after everyone spent a week sniping giants with a shield EXCEPT for WvW which people who invested half a decade living in WvW would wind up 10-20 achievement points ahead of everyone. In a full decade of living in WvW they would be 40 points ahead of everyone else. In the year 2150 one player would emerge with 10 more points and be the ultimate #1 GW2 achievement leader after taking stonemist 100,000 times.

I think HoM is fine it’s just achievements and respect for people who supported GW1. The world doesn’t care at all about your achievement point total.

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

(edited by Stego.3148)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

While I know I posted previously in regards to this topic, I just opted to add:

I can understand why some would like to have the AP boards removed. We already have enough discrimination based on class, armor, and weapon….we don’t need to add ‘one more thing’ honestly:

“LF4M Hotw p1 speed run – experienced only – 3k achievement points only

Long live the speedrun mentality….. we’re back to “UWSC, 500+ stones req” Yippy.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

I like them. I like feeling like I’m in the top 10%, even though I know some percentage of the other 90% left the game long ago.

As far as I know, most of that 90% is still around. Anedotally, I run a guild of 60 people, and all of them are active but in that 90%. My friendlist is huge— and all of them are in that 90%.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

I actually think they should be the only leaderboard. It’s obvious they are the most meaningful indicator of skill in the game.

Also, remove all PvP rankings immediately, they don’t mean anything anyway…and who the heck cares about two real players or teams going head to head? Pfft…as if that happened in RL.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

As far as I’m concerned, they can stay. Don’t bother me a bit.

Game achievements are meh at best. My real efforts to achieve are done in RL.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

If you don’t like the leaderboards…..don’t friggin look at them. Removing them is stupid.

The page does not pop up in your face. It isn’t part of your UI. It’s not a page you have to see to get to another page. You have to voluntarily go to that page to see it or even know its there. So don’t like it? Stop going to the page to look at it.

the amount of complaints related to it keeps popping up everywhere in the forums.

while they have their rights to complain, i have my rights to ask for a removal of the source of their complain.