Sustainable?

Sustainable?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

This has been raised before. Gw2 is going on a very predictable design and that is making more maps per story and raid instances every X months but the question is it sustainable?

There are only that much population in gw2 and there are so many maps, maps can and will be empty and there already a few maps that are pretty empty. What really matters is that the events are group events, you can’t solo it and naturally, the new players who aspired to get ap or skins will be discouraged.

Is this the path gw2 is heading towards? Just putting in new maps and instances without considerations?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Sustainable?

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

This is why things shouldn’t be gated behind events. Worst case scenario, people can use the LFG tool or use guildies but you’re pretty much right. The only problem is that older players want new content. New content generally means new maps.

Sustainable?

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

The last “New” content that we saw was the release of HoT, everything since then has been a re-hash of old stuff.

Living world season 3? The new raid? Current events? New maps?

Sustainable?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The last “New” content that we saw was the release of HoT, everything since then has been a re-hash of old stuff.

Don’t forget the new fractals.

Sustainable?

castlemanic.3198

Don’t forget the new fractals.

Oh AND the new fractal hub alongside there being an actual story for fractals now

And a new mastery for each episode (especially the signet of agony, like holy moley that’s amazing)

Sustainable?

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

…..and yet we still play the game. Not every release or game enhancement is going to be to the liking for everyone. Take the good with the bad I suppose. When they did fractal rework I left fractals. Many more liked the change and I just went and found other things to do. Since Fractals seems to be doing well it appears it was for the best just not for me.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

Sustainable?

castlemanic.3198

So I hope I’m understanding this, but warrior and silent are complaining that there has been no new tech in gw2 since HoT? Is that what you mean by content?

Cause, objectively speaking, there has been new content. New stories, new lore, new maps, new masteries, new fractals and a new raid.

If you’re view of “content” is “massive shift of gw2 technology”, then of course there wouldn’t be anything new since HoT, because that amount of development would be left for expansions.

Onto the OPs topic, which I realised I never addressed, I think it’s healthy for the game to have new maps. It allows for players to experience new areas of Tyria. While it’s not helpful for free players, I think it’s valuable for HoT players who have access to the game.

I agree that they should address the older zones to make them more attractive to both free players and HoT players, but as it is, I think it’s sustainable what they’re doing currently.

Sustainable?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

So I hope I’m understanding this, but warrior and silent are complaining that there has been no new tech in gw2 since HoT? Is that what you mean by content?

Cause, objectively speaking, there has been new content. New stories, new lore, new maps, new masteries, new fractals and a new raid.

If you’re view of “content” is “massive shift of gw2 technology”, then of course there wouldn’t be anything new since HoT, because that amount of development would be left for expansions.

Onto the OPs topic, which I realised I never addressed, I think it’s healthy for the game to have new maps. It allows for players to experience new areas of Tyria. While it’s not helpful for free players, I think it’s valuable for HoT players who have access to the game.

I agree that they should address the older zones to make them more attractive to both free players and HoT players, but as it is, I think it’s sustainable what they’re doing currently.

um nope you are missing it . i am stating facts here . and i will make them facts far more clear for you . case in point you’re telling me know if i get this right the game uses and runs on DX11? and you can now fully use VR on all maps too? even tho your not saying that but for sake of a good debate here . when was them too things add to the game ??? what date was it this game fully went to using VR on all maps . and running on DX11 ????

At no point did castlemanic claim that the game uses DX11 or VR. Regardless, content is more than just technological advances; content is Living World, fractals, Masteries, and things like that.

Sustainable?

castlemanic.3198

um nope you are missing it . i am stating facts here . and i will make them facts far more clear for you . case in point you’re telling me know if i get this right the game uses and runs on DX11? and you can now fully use VR on all maps too? even tho your not saying that but for sake of a good debate here . when was them too things add to the game ??? what date was it this game fully went to using VR on all maps . and running on DX11 ????

Uhuh, did you read my post? Those would constitue as ‘new technology’ and therefore would fall under the development umbrella of ‘new expansion’.

There’s plenty of new content, which is an objective fact. It’s not the content that you specifically are looking for it seems, but it is, factually and objectvely, content.

Is there no new technology? That is also a fact. But the two are separate things. New tech for the game won’t happen until a new expansion comes because that’s a hell of a lot of development, which is what is already happening when a new expansion is made. It’s much cheaper and more efficient to work new technology into a game when you’re adding an expansion than it is to add new tech at any old random time. New tech like that would REQUIRE an alpha and beta test. That’s a HUGE time investment that can’t be realistically asked of a game dev unless a lot of other things were added to the alpha and beta tests. It’s simply not realistic to ask for new tech outside of expansion development.