Sweet FX, or no Sweet FX?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

Late comer to this so please forgive me. Also, may be tech support is a better place for this but let’s try here first.

I took a look at WoodenPotoatoes on YouTube regarding SweeFX. To be honest, I couldn’t see a great deal of difference between the YT vids and what I see now on-screen in GW2. I have everything maxed out and supersampling on.

Is it worth running? Is it allowed by Arenanet? What are your findings with SweetFX?

Ta.

ETA – instead of “difference”, read “improvement”.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

(edited by Flatley.1620)

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Since you can configure basically everything with SweetFX, there is no one straight answer to this. It depends on what you want to change exactly (hue, saturation, sharpness etc.) that cannot be configured by your monitor.

I, for instance, stopped using SweetFX when I got a new monitor who could configure all the things I needed (and I can even save different profiles and activate each one at my convenience).

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

SweetFX is fully legal and ok to use . you can even get it from overwolf on TeamSpeak

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

SweetFX never works in gw2 for me, the game just crash on launch.

Posted by: demitel.1340

demitel.1340

I think it’s worth it, but if you consider using SweetFX, use GemFX. I can’t give you a download link but it’s easy to find just by googling it. It’s pretty good alternative and it has build in SweetFX.

FPS drop is barely noticeable.

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I’d suggest using reshade, https://reshade.me/. Yes it’s worth it and fun to do,you can spend alot of time tinkering with settings to get your perfect look.

Ashanor.5319

I’d suggest using reshade, https://reshade.me/. Yes it’s worth it and fun to do,you can spend alot of time tinkering with settings to get your perfect look.

That’s what my youtube link was. There are a lot of presets online also.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

I should point out that ReShade and SweetFX are the same thing. ReShade is the engine, SweetFX is the shader collection, this is why the shaders available varies depending on which version of ReShade you have installed.

The last “pure” version of SweetFX was “ReShade 1.1.0+SweetFX 2.0” and this is also still (usually) the most stable version with Guild Wars 2.

BTW, SweetFX is very useful for those with disabilities, even if you don’t want the eye candy. It can deal with problems like, the game being too dark, color blindness or oversensetivity, blurry visuals (bad eyesight), etc.

The author of SweetFX was actually color blind!

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Flatley.1620

Thanks all, really appreciate the feedback!

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

SweetFX upgrades visually the game a lot (at least for me).

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: Lucas.2974

Lucas.2974

I want to try something like this, but I’m afraid my account will get banned for it. I have too much money and time spent in the game just for even the smallest risk that it will get banned.

Flatley.1620

I want to try something like this, but I’m afraid my account will get banned for it. I have too much money and time spent in the game just for even the smallest risk that it will get banned.

WarriorsCharging seems to think its OK to use and I didn’t hear WoodenPotatoes warn of any infringement …

Can someone please clarify as to whether Anet are OK with it too?

Ashanor.5319

Never heard of anyone being banned for Reshade. A lot of high profile youtubers use it, as well as a significant portion of the playerbase.

Posted by: Lucas.2974

Lucas.2974

Any forum moderator or official can confirm this?

Posted by: Emmalouise.1763

Emmalouise.1763

I use SweetFX, I use sweet & sharp preset. I think it just smooths things out a little. If you run a high end PC I don’t think there is much difference as I haven’t noticed much since I upgraded. But on my low end it did help make things look better without loosing FPS.

well that my experience with it

www.girlgamerchronicles.com

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

You wont get banned,im no mod obviously.but ive been using SweetFx – Reshade since 2012.

They only bann you if you use programs,hacks,cheats that give you an advantage over other players.Sweetfx is merely visual,anet knows this and they know its being widely used in tons of other games and know exactly that it wont give you an advantage over anyone whatsoever.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

You wont get banned,im no mod obviously.but ive been using SweetFx – Reshade since 2012.

They only bann you if you use programs,hacks,cheats that give you an advantage over other players.Sweetfx is merely visual,anet knows this and they know its being widely used in tons of other games and know exactly that it wont give you an advantage over anyone whatsoever.

Caedmon is right on this and far as forum moderator official they tend to not say to much but when they do we listen closely

also too you can use another program or app called taco that will give you more better help finding your way and so forth

also too their is another good app called guild wars2 launch buddy that app helps you to get better server ping rates which is very nice and welcome for running and playing the game

no new system upgrades coming