Switching Bags

Switching Bags

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Krypt.5627

Krypt.5627

So I bought a few of the fractal 20 slot bags awhile back when I didnt have the money or crafting skill to make my own bags. Now I have 18 slot bags that I would like to use instead. However, when I try to switch out the bags, it doesnt swap them and if I try to drag and drop the bags to replace them, the bag slot shows a red outline. Any idea whats going on here?

Switching Bags

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I don’t think you can just swap them.

First make sure the Fractal bags don’t have anything in them. Then drag them from the ‘list’ down the left-hand side into an empty slot in your inventory (and make sure that slot isn’t in the bag you’re removing).

That will create an empty space and you can then drag and drop the 18 slot bag in there.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Switching Bags

Posted by: MachineManXX.9746

MachineManXX.9746

The only thing that comes to mind is to make sure the bags are empty before trying to swap them.

Switching Bags

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The Bags don’t have to be empty, but they do need to have less occupied slots within than the Bag you wish to swap with.

At least, that’s the way other Bags work. I’ve not used a Fractal one.

Switching Bags

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

The Bags don’t have to be empty, but they do need to have less occupied slots within than the Bag you wish to swap with.

At least, that’s the way other Bags work. I’ve not used a Fractal one.

not true.
what you said is true when you’re replacing an 18-slot with a 20-slot
but if you’re replacing a 20-slot with an 18-slot, it won’t work. it doesn’t even let you replace a 20-slot with an 18-slot if they are empty, you have to unequip it first:
the only way to replace them is to empty the 20-slot, unequip the 20-slot, equip the 18-slot, move all the items into the 18-slot.

Switching Bags

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ok, my bad. I guess I’ve never really down-graded. Thanks for the info.

Switching Bags

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

My guess is, that’s a deliberate thing. The Devs may have decided coding in the ability to detect items in individual slots not to be worthwhile (most players won’t downgrade to lesser slot bags), so implemented this as an easier to code fail-safe against losing items when downgrading bags.