Sword for Chronomancer

Sword for Chronomancer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dragon.4782

Dragon.4782

I am looking for a sword that looks very “Watchwork-like” but since there are no watchwork skins and chronomancers use time as their combat tool, i feel like a sword with some kind of clock-like feel or look to it would be fitting. Anyone know of any swords that look like that?

Sword for Chronomancer

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I think what you are searching for is the Zap and Bolt skins, they are very clockwork-y but those are the precursor and legendary swords, so it won’t be exactly easy to get.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Sword for Chronomancer

Posted by: traviswrdunbar.4780

traviswrdunbar.4780

Go to any crafting station, select the last option of its dialog box, and you will be taken to a panel where you can preview basically every skin in the game, whether armor, outfit, or weapons.

My recommendation, however, is if you can somehow get an Aetherized Sword. The entire Aetherized set is animated and mechanical. Probably the closest to clockwork you can get for a weapon.

Sword for Chronomancer

Posted by: Shukriyya.7629

Shukriyya.7629

How about the Whisper’s Secret Sword, the Fractal Sword or the Peacemaker’s Sword?

RoF

Sword for Chronomancer

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

There’s also Aetherized. They’re pricy ay this point but probably less than a Legendary/Pre-Cursor
Personally I too Bonetti’s Rapier.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Sword for Chronomancer

Posted by: blazinfury.8504

blazinfury.8504

I use Sunrise and Bolt with my chronomancer and I think they look great. Only downside is they are legendary, so not exactly easy to get unless money is no object.

Sword for Chronomancer

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

What about steam sword? You know like the steam creatures? Not exactly clock work style, but mechanical anyway

Sword for Chronomancer

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Whisper’s Secret Sword of sort of mechanical looking, and it folds up when stowed.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Sword for Chronomancer

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

http://argos-soft.net/GW2/WeaponGallery/

This isn’t completely updated with all the new BL/HoT skins, but it’s a start. The Steamblade looks quite mechanical.

Another easy way to browse skins is to go to a bank/crafting station and click the bottom-most tab (the icon looks like a closet). This will lead you to your wardrobe, and you can use the drop-down filters to sort by swords. Just click each icon and it will preview it for you.

The new plated/machined weapons look very mechanical… maybe not so much steam-punk as industrial, though.

Sword for Chronomancer

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

I’d go with Bolt or the Chain Whip Sword skin

Sword for Chronomancer

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Crimson Clouds beat me to it, the plated sword might be just the ticket for you. You’ll have to do a lot of Dragon’s Stand for it and forgo getting your super elite shield for a bit if you buy the sword instead, but you might want that sword. Preview it in your bank wardrobe to see.

Sword for Chronomancer

Posted by: Klaugh.7415

Klaugh.7415

Machined has gears, but the color’s wrong. Plated has gears, but they don’t move. Peacemaker’s is tech-like and is the right color.

Whisperblade / Tormented are “Mesmery,” too.

Then again, there’s always Bonetti’s Rapier (my favorite sword skin)!

Sword for Chronomancer

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_swords

This also has a bunch of the sword skins.

As far as “clock work” There isn’t many option, unless you are going for more of a steampunk type look. But even then options are limited.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”