Sylvari + Armor + Bio-luminescence

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SirDerp.3520

SirDerp.3520

I haven’t been able to find a straight answer on this anywhere I look. What armor (Sylvari Cultural/Twilight Arbor/Why aren’t there more plant-based skins, I has a sad.) glows? Which pieces of which sets? What area glows and what dye slot is it affected by?

Posted by: Walker.4823

Walker.4823

When you say “Glow” i believe i have a good idea what you’re referring to.
The Glow is comming from the Sylvari’s themself and not the armor
its a part of their character creation, and can only be seen during the night.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I don’t know about Nightmare Court, but Sylvari cultural armor glows, you’ll just have to test it out yourself. The slot is dependent on the piece.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

This is Sylvari medium T3 armor with Poli-Luminescant… (pic 1)

What you’re referring to though is the character customization of Sylvari when you get to choose glow color and intensity…

Some Tips about Sylvari and Poly-Luminescant:

If you want to just make your armor green glow with Poly, then make your toon black so his skin color doesn’t become green also..

When selecting the color of your sylvari, keep in mind that with armors like TA, it takes your base color and applies it to the armor in sections you can’t dye (refer to pic 2 and the red in armor)

+1,000,000 to more plant based skins

Attachments:

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

SirDerp.3520

I am not referring to character creation. Sylvari cultural armor has glowing built in that is based off of dye color (and I read that the Nightmare Court armor glows too). Not every piece of every set seems to glow and there is no way to tell which parts will glow. Also some dyes make the glow completely unnoticeable.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t know about Nightmare Court, but Sylvari cultural armor glows, you’ll just have to test it out yourself. The slot is dependent on the piece.

I know that the sleeve ends of female light TA armor glow, at least the spots on the sleeves do. On male heavy cultural, the inset gems/orbs in the daggings glow as I recall (haven’t had it on my warrior vari for a while). The armor glows are affected by dye choice not by character glow color. I don’t know if the character glow intensity affects the armor as I always max my glow.

What you can do is preview the armor at night and test black and white dyes via preview. Swap the dyes around until you find the slot controlling the glowing parts (you’ll have to wait long enough for a glow to pulse).

I don’t know that the TA armor will glow on anyone but sylvari, even though the sylvari’s own glow is not the color source.

SirDerp.3520

These two posts together. Thank you!

Edit: All Cultural armor should glow and it should be obvious which dye slot affects it. So much frustration.

SirDerp.3520

By the way, that post Chaba linked is wrong. T2 Heavy legs are glowing for me.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

You have to use brighter dyes in order to really see the glow. If you go with a darker dye it won’t glow in some cases or be so faint that you can’t really tell if it is or not. So when testing it use a lighter dye anyway.

SirDerp.3520

You have to use brighter dyes in order to really see the glow. If you go with a darker dye it won’t glow in some cases or be so faint that you can’t really tell if it is or not. So when testing it use a lighter dye anyway.

But I still want some way to know what will glow and what will not.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The quick answer is this:

Whatever armor the Toxic Courtiers wear can glow.

ArenaNet added the armor glow to certain plant armor back during the Tower of Nightmares release. This was so that the Courtiers can glow like their krait counterparts. They did claim that was just the first of many future updates where they’d improve plant armor to have a night-time glow.

Unfortunately, like world boss rebalancing, dungeon rebalancing, biweekly updates, and far more, they scrapped that and went back on their word.

Bit ironic that half of HoT’s features are “and we’ll be continuing this in the future”. Right.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.