Sylvari armor

Sylvari armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Samuli.7852

Samuli.7852

I was browsing through the sylvari cultural armor sets and the Oaken set really caught my eye. The problem is, my sylvari is an elementalist and the particular set I was interested in is heavy armor.

The sylvari don’t have a lot of sylvari-looking armor to choose from so I was thinking, could the existing cultural armor sets be released as skins or outfits, perhaps. I’d gladly pay a few gems to get a bit more variety for my sylvari.

Attachments:

Sylvari armor

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Probably not as armor. They said before that there are some fundamental incompatible things between weight classes. (part of how they set up every armor to allow dye channels and styles per piece). This means to convert it to a different weight, it will have to be made from the start. Not impossible but it would take time and money, and I doubt there is enough demand for them to do this.

Now outfits with a plant theme might be a different idea and quite possible. You can post this in the Gemstore thread for them to see.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Sylvari armor

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Not likely, people whined when the light flamekissed armor used the human cultural armor.

Sylvari armor

Astral Projections.7320

Not likely, people whined when the light flamekissed armor used the human cultural armor.

True. I completely forgot about that. Lol.

But other plant based outfits/armor that’s not cultural armor would be a good gemstore idea.

Sylvari armor

Samuli.7852

Yeah, that’s true. Well, one can always hope.

Sylvari armor

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

The light armor is beautiful for T3. I have all the T3 Sylvari Culti armor =D I just love it. Oaken though is my favorite.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Sylvari armor

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Is this something that was changed? I just looked at the flamekissed light armor vs. all the light human cultural armors and I don’t see any resemblance.

Sylvari armor

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Is this something that was changed? I just looked at the flamekissed light armor vs. all the light human cultural armors and I don’t see any resemblance.

Yeah, it was removed from the gem store temporarily and then the model was replaced with what it is now when it came back, and people that didn’t like the new model got a refund.

Sylvari armor

Samuli.7852

The light armor is beautiful for T3. I have all the T3 Sylvari Culti armor =D I just love it. Oaken though is my favorite.

I like the light cultural armor options but I’d like something that looks less like a dress or a gown. Some of the medium sets are nice too.

Sylvari armor

Astral Projections.7320

I like the light cultural armor options but I’d like something that looks less like a dress or a gown. Some of the medium sets are nice too.

I see you put a post in that thread. Since cultural armor won’t be put in the gem store, maybe change the request to plant based armor or outfits. :-)

Sylvari armor

Samuli.7852

I see you put a post in that thread. Since cultural armor won’t be put in the gem store, maybe change the request to plant based armor or outfits. :-)

I’ll do that, thanks

Sylvari armor

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Yes please. More Planty armor. as an NPC in the Grove says “Home Grown Armor Just fits and looks better” =D

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Sylvari armor

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Have you looked at the chef’s outfit?

It’s different for each race and on sylvari it’s a plant outfit which looks a bit like the oaken armor.

Not exactly what you’re looking for, but it’s another option.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Sylvari armor

Samuli.7852

Have you looked at the chef’s outfit?

It’s different for each race and on sylvari it’s a plant outfit which looks a bit like the oaken armor.

Not exactly what you’re looking for, but it’s another option.

Yes, the chef’s outfit is quite nice. IMO it looks better on male sylvari, though.