Sylvari

Sylvari

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

We have had Norn with Brahn, SAB Asura, now humans(LOTS of it), Charr (the archer, for what I can see there was a LS about that but Im guess I wasnt paying attention to that one), lot of the latest Living Story have taken event with all races but Sylvari.

No, having the drinking guy in the home instance of Sylvari does not count, and no, the “bad” sylvari at the end of the Southsun Cove does not count either.

Im talking about a fully theme based Sylvari Living Story where Sylvari’s are the focus for once. They are my favorite race by far and it saddens me that one of the most creative races in MMOs (not an elf, not an ent, but something truly unique and beautiful) and newer races to the GW world has had little to no attention in over a year.

Thoughts?

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Sylvari

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

“Water 20 trees. Tier 1/4.”
“Prune 20 trees. Tier 1/4.”
“Till 20 mounds of dirt. Tier 1/4.”
“Plant 20 Seeds of the Pale Tree. Tier 1/4.”
“Ask 20 questions. Tier 1/4.”

Sylvari

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I for one would love to see something dealing with the Nightmare Court.
Twilight Arbor left it rather open on what happened to the Duchess.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Sylvari

Fortus.6175

Better than:

Kill 1/100 enemies x6 times representing different factions…

Ignorance apart, if you have ever bother to read Sylvari’s lore you will realize we have got a lot going on despite being so new;

example of a reward; Caladbog, a beautiful GS sword that has blue and yellow butterflies, mesmers would kill for it.

As for the activities, Anet can get creative and make a minigame sylvari themed, liek they have done with many other minis. Right now most people dont bother with sylvari’s because they have not gotten enough attention. We have so much potential yet most people prefer to play guardian/mesmer humans because thats what they most see in pretty much al the important stories in the game.

Also we gotta do something about the Treaherme Hate, even I playing sylvari dont like how he stole my spotlight

Legendary SoloQ

Sylvari

Elbegast.6970

Is it wrong that all three of my characters are Sylvari and I have no clue as to what you are referring. I’ve done the entire personal story, save the last dungeon. I don’t remember ‘Twilight Arbor’ nor this ‘Duchess’ (person?).

Sylvari

Elbegast.6970

Better than:

Ignorance apart, if you have ever bother to read Sylvari’s lore you will realize we have got a lot going on despite being so new;

example of a reward; Caladbog, a beautiful GS sword that has blue and yellow butterflies, mesmers would kill for it.

As for the activities, Anet can get creative and make a minigame sylvari themed, liek they have done with many other minis. Right now most people dont bother with sylvari’s because they have not gotten enough attention. We have so much potential yet most people prefer to play guardian/mesmer humans because thats what they most see in pretty much al the important stories in the game.

Also we gotta do something about the Treaherme Hate, even I playing sylvari dont like how he stole my spotlight

All of my characters are Sylvari,lol. And I’m not sure how I did it, but on my ranger, Treahearne was a nobody in the storyline. He was always in the background. On my thief, however, he was the main character. I wanted to punch him so many times.

Sylvari

Fortus.6175

Better than:

All of my characters are Sylvari,lol. And I’m not sure how I did it, but on my ranger, Treahearne was a nobody in the storyline. He was always in the background. On my thief, however, he was the main character. I wanted to punch him so many times.

Then my apologies. And like you all my toons are Sylvari as well, and sadly enough, in all of them Trahearme is still the main character… at some point after the 3rd toon I quit the personal story for good

Legendary SoloQ

Sylvari

Atlas.9704

Is it wrong that all three of my characters are Sylvari and I have no clue as to what you are referring. I’ve done the entire personal story, save the last dungeon. I don’t remember ‘Twilight Arbor’ nor this ‘Duchess’ (person?).

Possibly, but I’m not here to judge
I am referring to the story dungeon called Twilight Arbor. Which is basically where a lot of the Nightmare Court reside. The Court is ruled by, or at least influenced by, the Grand Duchess of the Nightmare Court named Faolain.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Sylvari

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

LS of the Nightmare court would be cool…

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

Sylvari

Elbegast.6970

Possibly, but I’m not here to judge
I am referring to the story dungeon called Twilight Arbor. Which is basically where a lot of the Nightmare Court reside. The Court is ruled by, or at least influenced by, the Grand Duchess of the Nightmare Court named Faolain.

Oh…Caithe’s girlfriend, right?

Sylvari

Atlas.9704

Oh…Caithe’s girlfriend, right?

Indeed, but not really the type of girl to establish a relationship with considering how in the Destiny’s Edge book she nearly poisoned Caithe to death.
Still yes her, I would love for ANet to come back there and let us see where it goes.

Sylvari

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I’ve wondered this myself. Why no love for the Sylvari? Only Sylvari in the LS content seem to be bad guys.

Sylvari

Atlas.9704

Well the first one was Humans and the Karkha with a Sylvari bad guy, but like we’ve all agreed that’s not much for substance.
Then the next one was Norn and Charr based, then we went back to the Lions Arch area for a while. Now we’re dealing with Asura/Human pirate blending.
We have 4 of the races mixed together as villans and have as Heroes:
1 Charr
1 Norn
3 Female Humans

So I think after the Jubilee and maybe one other story chapter we’ll probably see Sylvari as some focus, either for good or ill. Hopefully both, but I’m dreaming too big right now.

Sylvari

Fortus.6175

Well the first one was Humans and the Karkha with a Sylvari bad guy, but like we’ve all agreed that’s not much for substance.
Then the next one was Norn and Charr based, then we went back to the Lions Arch area for a while. Now we’re dealing with Asura/Human pirate blending.
We have 4 of the races mixed together as villans and have as Heroes:
1 Charr
1 Norn
3 Female Humans

So I think after the Jubilee and maybe one other story chapter we’ll probably see Sylvari as some focus, either for good or ill. Hopefully both, but I’m dreaming too big right now.

hopefully we can also see the aether pirates theme over with, never really liked steampunked stuff and they have been for now 4 LS

Legendary SoloQ

Sylvari

Posted by: Gmr Leon.1846

Gmr Leon.1846

Soundless need some love. Would be the perfect group to involve with the Nightmare Court for a living story event.

Grydd, asuran engineer perpetually gathering materials.
Member of The Archivists’ Sanctum [Lore], a guild for lore enthusiasts.
The Adventurer’s Log!

Sylvari

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

After a near-fatal overdose of Trahearne, I am just fine without any more protagonism-hijacking plant people for a good long while. And three of my PCs are Sylvari.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Sylvari

Fortus.6175

Soundless need some love. Would be the perfect group to involve with the Nightmare Court for a living story event.

exactly! We have so much going on but nobody knows anything about it but sylvari players because we dont get any attention at all!

Legendary SoloQ

Sylvari

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Searching for the Second Tree! Perfect LS material.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Sylvari

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

My guess is the second tree is in the Echovald Forest in Cantha. Although i wouldn’t mind seeing living story stuff for Sylvari I WANT REVENGE FOR GLINT!!!!!!!! Besides there seems to already be a portal to the crystal desert but just not open

Sylvari

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

Wasn’t the big bad (or maybe just the Dragon in the TV Tropes sense) behind the Sky Pirates just revealed to be Sylvari?

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Sylvari

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

My guess is the second tree is in the Echovald Forest in Cantha. Although i wouldn’t mind seeing living story stuff for Sylvari I WANT REVENGE FOR GLINT!!!!!!!! Besides there seems to already be a portal to the crystal desert but just not open

Two birds with one stone then. They could even stretch it out over a few months if they wanted to (and did it well…).

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Sylvari

Fortus.6175

The problem with that would be that then people would demand to be able to choose which starting area you want to be. Maybe not but I feel like making a second tree wouldnt make us feel all that unique.

Darn you Malyck :/

Legendary SoloQ