System (What went wrong.)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: QLi.3742

QLi.3742

I know that changes are made. But from Guild Wars 2 support I expected to support Guild Wars 2 from the release date. Developer will always have new ideas. But support should not allow all of them to be made. Dev. can still make another game and put new ideas into new game. Not all new ideas that were put into GW2 were good or better. Guild system is terrible. All Events that I finish should give some points in guild, like it was before. That would give a player a reason to do them. The materials that I have to gather for free just to put them in a guild treasure costs a player too much. That has no reference to reality. When I talk to players, they say that they don´t want to do that. It is too expensive for them. And NPCs don´t have anything to sell that would be better for a player character like it was before. Karma items should be the best thing to buy and use, in a level of a map where you play. Banners were bought from NPCs, and that gave NPCs importance. And that was one of the points in GW2. Now they are just there, with nothing to show.
Over powered player character is never good option in any MMORPG. Ascended items should be ONLY USED in high lvl fractals. Weapons should BRAKE beyond repair. That would give all of us a reason for buying and crafting new ones. And dungeons: if it is lvl 30 all other equipment should be useless. Only lvl 30 equipment should give you a chance to finish it.
Wouldn’t that give players a reason to work together?

Skills that were taken away were good skills and more useful than their replacements. Traits before the replacement gave us another reason to play with other players, to join in party and group.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The full name of support is Customer Support. Just like in any other company they’re the people you go to if a payment didn’t go through, you want a refund, you’re having trouble accessing your account or something similar. They do not make decisions about the content of the game.

The people you’re looking for are Quality Assurance (QA) or possibly the game director (who is currently Mike O’Brien) and the directors and project managers for the various releases. But in that case you’re out of luck because they will have to have approved the changes for them to have appeared in the game in the first place – the directors and managers will have agreed those changes should be made before we even hear about them (because otherwise it wouldn’t be announced) and they’ll have to pass QA before it’s released.

I know you’ve made a few of these topics but I think you need to accept that this is not your game, it’s Anet’s. They’re going to make the changes they think are good for the game they want to make, not the ones you or I or any other individual player wants to see. As much as I live in hope that one day someone will make my perfect game and I’ll love every single aspect of it I think the only way any of us will get that is if we make it ourselves.

You can of course make suggestions for changes you’d like to see or give feedback on things you don’t like, but it’s entirely up to Anet to decide whether they want to act on those or not.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: nyctalopia.4735

nyctalopia.4735

I don’t know man, your premise arguments about development and support seem not to really understand what those words mean, and the rest of your post is a bunch of complaints based on personal opinion – when the changes to the guild system and to traits had clear rationales behind them and came in response to player feedback and consultation.

Your ideas about level-limit geared content are just laughable. Forcing players to have different sets of equipment for non-80 content is just going to make players desert this content en-masse in favour of less micro-management.

Do you have a full ascended set? It’s not going to make any of your characters overpowered, that much I can say. If you couldn’t do content with exotic gear you’re not going to have much more success in ascended gear.

It’s not like players don’t already have reasons to work together. The materials that you have to gather for free into your guild treasury – well, the magnitude of that is precisely so that a guild will feel like a community that you have to slowly chip in to to receive benefits from. Your contribution is a small part of every upgrade, every buff you receive. Heart of Thorns hero points are, in a way, a replacement of the trait system – they require informal groups to form up to beat them, and they reward everyone who participates.

I get that some ways the game has changed may not be to your liking, but I really dislike the way you speak in “shoulds” and lay out a badly-formatted list of badly-thought-out suggestions.

Posted by: Derdhal.6908

Derdhal.6908

Ascended are not overpowered. They are as overpowered as exotic in comparison with rare, for example. And, nowadays, you can get a full ascended equipment with no great trouble or effort.

One of the points of this game is exactly that you don’t have to buy or craft new weapons because they last forever. Where you see something bad, others see something good.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Other people have commented on how you’ve misunderstood the words support and other matters, so I’ll touch on this part.

Karma items should be the best thing to buy and use, in a level of a map where you play.
So what would that do to crafting or drops? People could no longer craft level appropriate gear for their own use or to sell? No gear at all drops or only gear you can’t use/is lower level? People leveling are blocked from buying gear from the trading post or using it if they do get any non karma gear? This right here would destroy crafting and hurt the drops you get. Since a major part of this game’s economy is crafting and selling crafting mats this would be a huge detrimental change to the game.

Weapons should BRAKE beyond repair.
This part is poorly thought out. If your weapon breaks in the middle of a fight then what are you going to use? Harsh language? Use your mellee weapon at a ranged enemy or your ranged weapon at point blank range? Carry multiple sets of duplicate weapons with you so you can swap out? All this so that so people can craft? Will leveling players be blocked from using crafted weapons at the level of karma weapons since you want karma gear to be best?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

QLi.3742

How would you name changes that were done to?

Traits
New stats
LA
Ascended items
Outfit
Skills

QLi.3742

Just a flesh wound
Harsh language?- No
Use your melee weapon at a ranged enemy or your ranged weapon at point blank range? Carry multiple sets of duplicate weapons with you so you can swap out? -Yes and run.
Will leveling players be blocked from using crafted weapons at the level of karma weapons since you want karma gear to be best? -No

Derdhal
Where you see something bad, others see something good. -I understand that.

Mirta
In reality, Anet doesn’t care about your feedback because they don’t want to hear what is wrong with their product. – I am sorry to hear that about a developer that released the best MMORPG in 2012.
But not just for 2012, it was better than all other MMORPGs.(personal opinion)

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Gw2 suffers from a poor concept and organization in their gamemodes, as example:

Fractals of mists , mist stuff rewards

WvW takes place on the mists, players gets free dungeon rewards….

The logic.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Just a flesh wound.3589

Your suggestion about ascended gear only useable in fractals means all that hundreds of gold and hours of time that people who don’t play fractals but who did craft ascended gear would be wiped out. And having ascended weapons break so they would have to be recrafted, that idea is bad also.

Frankly your ideas from this post and previous posts show that you don’t know basic mechanisms of this game and what would required to put in your suggestions and haven’t considered what would happen if the game did put in your suggestions.

If people can’t use ascended gear except in fractals and then what they can equip and where would have to be redone and unless you play fractals and only if they are in a fractal, all that work invalidated. Hours of effort and hundreds of gold written off for no real gain, unless you consider lots of angry players to be a gain.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

when the changes to the guild system and to traits had clear rationales behind them and came in response to player feedback and consultation.

Did we ever even have a chance to give feedback on the current guild system with the guild halls? Guild halls spaces were previewed in beta but not the actually guild system. Pretty sure if it ever was shown to us in beta, we would have told them to turn around and march that grind back into development.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

QLi.3742

Our work has been invalidated when recipes were changed. Higher price of an item was not a good reason. BLTC prices for crafted items were “destroyed” when players started to buy them with €,$… Buy Gems and sell them for in game gold coins. That is a bad thing for ingame economy. If you could only buy skins, outfits it would be ok. And at a release date the BLTC was full. You could buy a lot of crafting materials. On a first day.
What is just a right age of a player to chose GW2?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

@QLi:
I wouldn’t want to play the game you seem to prefer.

There are lots of things that I think ANet needs to improve; your list doesn’t include any of them and, on the contrary, it includes a lot of things that I think are already really good.

In other words, I can’t agree with your premise nor with any of your suggestions.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

1) Quite a lot of people dislike the the amount of stuff needed to upgrade a guildhall. It hurt a lot of small guilds even though Anet had mentioned they would keep small guilds in mind when they made the changes.

2) If karma items are the best you can get in a zone, there is no real reason to craft anything as you have to basically start over for the next zone. At level 80, there is no reason to craft anything at all. What is the point of tiered gear levels when it is karma based. You just need to farm the karma to spend to get the items. The problem is new players have no karma or low karma to be able to even get the gear. Also, best I remember, the amount of karma per event was reduced.

3) I’m not sure what you mean by overpowered players. Your level is reduced to the maximum level to what ever zone you are in. In WvW, you are bumped up to effective level 80.

4) Ascended items restricted to Fractals only causes a big problem. It makes all of the ascended gear a player has useless is they do not do Fractals. It also makes guild commendations and laurels more or less useless as most of the stuff you can get with either is ascended accessories.

5) Weapons that break and can’t be repaired will cause people to leave. Given the amount of time and materials needed to craft legendary weapons, what is the point in making them when they are going to get broken? Spirit shards become pretty much useless as will other materials needed to make legendary weapons. The same goes for ascended weapons. How many people are going to continue to sink the time, materials, and gold into a Fractal only item that will break so they can continue to do Fractals? Best guess is Fractals will basically become ignored content.

6) Dungeons are already set up so that you dropped to the appropriate level. The only thing not affected is traits. Requiring a level 30 dungeon to be done with level 30 only gear means dungeons will become ignored content. Nobody is going to want to have a full set of gear for each dungeon because of gear level restrictions.

7) Being able to convert real money to gems and then into gold has no effect on crafted item prices. It only means a player is willing to use real money to get gold to be able to buy the items they want at whatever price the crafter lists it at. It only makes it faster to get the item and only the ones that flip items on the trader are going to re-list the item. I’m not sure how the gem store works where you are, but there is no item you can buy off of the gem store (NA/EU) that will give any advantage to a player. All of the items are cosmetic.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

QLi.3742

Jaina Ashlynn
(Nobody is going to want to have a full set of gear for each dungeon because of gear level restrictions.)
-Has anyone tried that. Or, are you just saying that. Nobody asked me. Who was asked?
And why ask? There were many changes. Nobody asked anything. Changes in my account no one asked me.

(Weapons that break and can’t be repaired will cause people to leave.)-No that is not a reason. Maybe for ascended and legendary, but they do not have to brake.

(Being able to convert real money to gems and then into gold has no effect on crafted item prices.) -It can effect on prices and does effect the in-game economy. That person will not buy tools from NPCs. Will not gather. In game gold coins can be bought with gems. And that is an advantage. If I create new character in new HoT account I´ll have lvl 80 character. If I put n€ in, I can have lvl 400 in armor and weapons research. But I can buy legendary and ascended.
Then go to Queensdale. Bothering lvl 10 characters who is gathering and lvling and crafting in a more appropriate way. Effective lvl + lvl80 equipment in a low lvl area. Bad for lvl 10 characters. Swiftness- good to be the first one attacking an enemy.
GW2 is all about armor and war against dragons. But I do not have to look what kind of armor my character wears. Effective lvl is changing. I saw 3-4 different effective lvls just in Queensdale.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Jaina Ashlynn
(Nobody is going to want to have a full set of gear for each dungeon because of gear level restrictions.)
-Has anyone tried that. Or, are you just saying that. Nobody asked me. Who was asked?
And why ask? There were many changes. Nobody asked anything. Changes in my account no one asked me.

(Weapons that break and can’t be repaired will cause people to leave.)-No that is not a reason. Maybe for ascended and legendary, but they do not have to brake.

(Being able to convert real money to gems and then into gold has no effect on crafted item prices.) -It can effect on prices and does effect the in-game economy. That person will not buy tools from NPCs. Will not gather. In game gold coins can be bought with gems. And that is an advantage. If I create new character in new HoT account I´ll have lvl 80 character. If I put n€ in, I can have lvl 400 in armor and weapons research. But I can buy legendary and ascended.
Then go to Queensdale. Bothering lvl 10 characters who is gathering and lvling and crafting in a more appropriate way. Effective lvl + lvl80 equipment in a low lvl area. Bad for lvl 10 characters. Swiftness- good to be the first one attacking an enemy.
GW2 is all about armor and war against dragons. But I do not have to look what kind of armor my character wears. Effective lvl is changing. I saw 3-4 different effective lvls just in Queensdale.

1. It’s a good inference based on current posts on full banks and bags. There are 13 items with levels on them with regards to armor alone. There are 2 to 6 weapon spots. I believe there are 6 dungeons with different levels. That’s 114 different items. That’s 95 spots that would be filled with gear for a dungeon runner. That’s beyond absurd, imo.

2. I would stop playing if gear that wasn’t legendary or ascended could break. I don’t want to constantly have to worry about making sure I’ve got spare gear with me in case something breaks. And possibly multiple sets if I’m doing dungeons or fractals.

3. That doesn’t seem to be an issue, with the max level bothering the low level. Things respawn quickly and most max levels are considerate and don’t do Mich more than autoattack if low levels are nearby. Except when it is low level event day, and there are posts complaining about that and rightfully so. The items on the trading post don’t appear from thin air. Someone else gathered them. Players w/o buy gems, convert to gold and the buy off of the TP are simply paying someone else to gather for them or make whatever they bought for them.

QLi.3742

How much does a 1 copper ore cost in €?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Jaina Ashlynn

You may not be aware, but you gave express permission to the Devs to make changes to the game (your account) when you accepted (agreed to) the ToS before ever setting foot in the game. (You can peruse, once again, the ToS and other documents pertaining to the game via the ‘Legal’ link below.)

Thus, no one had to ask or consult you. It’s standard in games, I’m afraid.

Good luck.

QLi.3742

Inculpatus cedo
What changes, how do I obtain them? I listed some of them above. No one answered yet.
What “Legal documents” are important to a player?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Ultimately it comes down to this: it’s their game and they can change it in any way that they see fit. ArenaNet do not need to ask you or anyone else to approve any changes that they make. They will do what they think is best for the game.

You bought a key that allowed you to create an account that allows you to play that game. The account and everything in it remains the property of ArenaNet.

(Also, weapons never broke beyond repair and you could always buy gold with gems and buy gems with real money, there were no changes there).

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Sounds like you want a more sandbox-like game. GW2 is a more theme-park WoW-esque experience… I doubt we’d ever get any of your suggestions because that was never the player type Anet were targeting.

Maybe try Black Desert Online… it’s a pity it’s probably going the way of Blade and Soul and Arch Age; judging from the recent uproar regarding recent changes to their trading/monetization system.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Games evolve. Developers have to make choices about what works well and what doesn’t. If we still had the GW2 we experienced at launch, we also have:

• No wardrobe — we’d still have to carry around skins we wanted to use again.
  • No wallet — we’d still be carrying around tokens.
  • 12g to finishing leveling up traits.
  • A TP that didn’t show us all the other offers out there and constantly choked.
  • A wonky defiance system that most people couldn’t understand (the main failing of the current version: too many people don’t know about it, not that they misunderstand).
  • No evolution of combat.
  • No new fractals

Of course, there are plenty of changes that were a mistake (do the same quest on every single character to unlock just one trait, for example). There’s no firm that’s going to get it 100% correct all the time.

All the same, ANet has to keep trying to improve them game. As players, we can choose to accept that we won’t like all the changes and keep playing… or choose not to accept the changes and play something else.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Danikat.8537

Inculpatus cedo
What changes, how do I obtain them? I listed some of them above. No one answered yet.
What “Legal documents” are important to a player?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/

(This is also available in other languages, the link is at the very bottom of every page on the GW2 site.)

The important thing here is part 10.a of the User Agreement

“10. SERVICE AND AVAILABILITY
(a) You acknowledge that ArenaNet may in its reasonable discretion provide subsequent versions, enhancements, modifications, upgrades or patches related to any part of the Service.”

You have to have clicked a button to say you accepted this when you first logged into the game. In theory you should have read it first, just in case there was anything included you didn’t agree with.

Danikat.8537

Incidentally I find it interesting that you complain that you were not consulted and did not agree to the changes, and yet when other players say they like the changes or don’t like your alternative reasons you tell us that we’re wrong and should agree with you.

Why do you need to agree with the change but we don’t?

What would happen if Anet consulted both you and me on a new idea and I said I love it and want it in the game and you said you don’t?

QLi.3742

It was a sand-box-GW2-Theme park game. Anet targeted player who was looking for that. Because GW2 was made like that. We were new community with our own game. There was no theme-park WoW-esque experience.
-WoW-esque, WoW-ish it means K.I.A. for any game except WoW.
-(A TP that didn’t show us all the other offers out there and constantly choked.) Out where, other games, WoW?
-BLTC could sell me a wallet, wardrobe…
-“A wonky defiance system that most people couldn’t understand…” -Was not WoW-esquent??? It looks like WoW players have something to do with GW2.
-12g to finishing levelling up traits. The best thing ever.
-The combat evolved with levelling a player in GW2 character.
-Fractals were made with a good knowledge of a GW2.
Anet was 100% right in 2012.
And I did not accept the changes, but I could not play a game that I payed money for.
Anet did not create new server for the most devastating changes to a GW2 we payed for in 2012. And we had a choice to pay ca. 40, 70 or 120€. That is too much money for a game that is being constantly destroyed. This game should be for free. 2012 GW2 for free. HoT was not made for vanilla but for whatever happened to vanilla GW2.

And all can be patched.

And I can not spend some things in my wallet because there are no events that would give me enough to spend them. I do not want to throw them away.

Games evolve from one game to another: GW1 to expansion to GW2. GW2 to expansion for GW2 vanilla! Like in SC to Brood Wars- to SC2 and all expansions for it. Like Civ to Civ5.

Players who complain about changes are supporting a product they bought.
Fooled ones (GW2 to HoT), fooled twice (HoT).

QLi.3742

(a) You acknowledge that ArenaNet may in its reasonable discretion provide subsequent versions, enhancements, modifications, upgrades or patches related to any part of the Service.”
New recipes are enhancements, 400-450 crafting is an upgrade, patches are for bugs, versions are at cities ( winter time).

I have never downloaded willingly a MODIFICATION.
Ferocity, new trait system, filling the last slot of traits, new skills, some skills gone, changing the whole town (has its own ip)(Horrific!!!). It is total conversion. All should be made on a new server. I would create new character to see what is on the modified server.
Modifications are some things to choose to download and use and delete from the account. This is a fact of a modification. In that case a character that I use on a modified server would be deleted by me.

But the names of player characters that should be changed, the menu in character creation upgraded. We have a system that does not care what kind of kitten floats above player character head. Some of them tell me what to do. Some related to personal desire. Guild tags -drug related… Reports do not help, “old story”.
There is a naming policy! There are more then one server. There are many nations and many cultures.

How do I feel…“third time”. :-(-

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I must say I’m having trouble to understand what the problem is in this topic.

You don’t want updates to the game unless you agree with it? It’s an online game, all changes will always be global and mandatory for everyone. That’s how it goes. Can’t live expecting nothing will change.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Artanis.4963

Artanis.4963

I must say I’m having trouble to understand what the problem is in this topic.

I’m trying to puzzle it out, but it sounds like QLi wants to play GW2 as it was at launch, plus bug fixes.

To that end, this Extra Credits video on legacy versions of online games seems relevant.

New recipes are enhancements, 400-450 crafting is an upgrade, patches are for bugs, versions are at cities ( winter time).

I have never downloaded willingly a MODIFICATION.
Ferocity, new trait system, filling the last slot of traits, new skills, some skills gone, changing the whole town (has its own ip)(Horrific!!!). It is total conversion. All should be made on a new server. I would create new character to see what is on the modified server.
Modifications are some things to choose to download and use and delete from the account. This is a fact of a modification. In that case a character that I use on a modified server would be deleted by me.

This statement from the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement (UA) basically says that you agree to allow Arenanet to change the game in any manner they see fit. You agreed to this term and to the UA in general as part of creating your account (or prior to logging in if the UA was changed). If at any point you disagree with that term, then you can no longer agree with the UA and you should not play the game as access to the game is conditional upon agreeing to the UA.

If you truly disagree with this game you could seek a refund and account closure, or just walk away. Your comments suggest you’ve been playing for a while, and I suspect your prospects for a refund are slim.

But the names of player characters that should be changed, the menu in character creation upgraded. We have a system that does not care what kind of kitten floats above player character head. Some of them tell me what to do. Some related to personal desire. Guild tags -drug related… Reports do not help, “old story”.
There is a naming policy! There are more then one server. There are many nations and many cultures.

How do I feel…“third time”. :-(-

This is a different issue. If you see names that you feel violate the naming policy you should report them. Arenanet is not required to take any action, nor to reply to you as to the resolution of the report. Further, you should not expect action to be taken immediately, as investigation into the report takes time.

Sending reports via the report tool and adding the offensive account to your personal blocklist are your only options here.

QLi.3742

Extra Credits video on legacy versions of online games, is a good video about things that were done.

Sony was right.

Blizzard did not care about 2250000€.

So I bought a car. Developers decision was that a car I bought was not good anymore. Security problems.
So service people came to my home chopped the roof of, tires were replaced with tractor tires and the inside of a car has a pool. Its only the looks of a car. I did agree to a user agreement. Did not expect security works that way.

QLi.3742

And birds are still kitten-ing on it.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m afraid your only choice is to play only off-line games in the future, that have no chance of being updated.

None of your requests pertaining to having a separate server for the launch build-only in GW2 will be fulfilled. Thank goodness!

Good luck.

Derdhal.6908

So I bought a car. Developers decision was that a car I bought was not good anymore. Security problems.
So service people came to my home chopped the roof of, tires were replaced with tractor tires and the inside of a car has a pool. Its only the looks of a car. I did agree to a user agreement. Did not expect security works that way.

The difference is:
- when you buy a car, you buy a car, it’s yours, thanks for the money, see you, good luck.
- when you buy GW2 (or ANY online game, because all of them have the same terms), you buy the right to use a service (in fact you don’t buy the game itself) with a lot of terms you accept (or you can’t create an account to play). And those terms include “ANet can change whatever they want, whenever they want, without asking anyone”. You accepted that. Maybe you didn’t read anything and just clicked the box and “yeah, continue with account creation, I just want to play!”, but you accepted that.

Maybe you didn’t know it. You will never have the chance of playing original GW2 again. Deal with it. Life is cruel.

Just a flesh wound.3589

What you bought was not a car but the use of a car. You never owned that car and the owner can do whatever he wants. ANet owns the game. Your purchase was for access to the game ANet owns and to which ANet can make any changes it feels it needs to.

If the game has changed so much that you consider it to be the shell of the original game then maybe you’ll be happier finding another game. You’ll never get to play the vanilla version while other people are playing the current version and they’re not going to reverse the changes and go back to the launch version.

All MMOs change whether you like the changes or not. You can post your dislike of the changes and make suggestions but other than that your only choice is to continue playing or move on to another game.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Your car comparison is rather off. You gain nothing more than the right to be allowed into an exclusive club by purchasing or subscribing to an MMO.
It is an ever evolving and changing system and world. Those changes WILL and simply CAN NOT please all of the members. Some of the changes might even be seen as an error of judgement someday.
Also, not sure what you’d do if you were in their shoes. Your ideas seem to be far less popular than even the least popular update patches.

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

GW2 has never been a “sand-box” game… if you want a true sandbox game, you need to read archives on a discontinued game called star wars galaxies… I think they may have an emu version of it up for play.

QLi.3742

I mentioned what I would do If I was a developer. And in that case I would do the way that this kind of Topics would not have a chance to exist. There would be no reason to make them. It is not about what, it is about how. How do you represent a modification. I am aware that changes can be made. Patch is a security update only. I If I had tools and knowledge how to make a modification, I would make one. And that would be a right thing to do. And in all games that I played I did download and install some modifications. Even if it was a total conversion. But I always had a chance to play non modified game.
You have to understand what all things in “10. SERVICE AND AVAILABILITY” mean.

And I did inform developers in game bug reports.

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

I kind of agree with you about the old system of influence, whereby you gain it for doing certain tasks around the world and that influence was spent to active boost for your guild. With the new system sadly there is really no real difference between guilds anymore and guilds have nothing unique to market themselves on, for the simple fact that once you fully upgrade your guild hall you gain all the same benefits as any other guild, making it very difficult to market your guild... there needs to be some freedom put back into the game where guilds are concerned.

Sadly the OP lost me with the suggestion of Weapons Broken beyond repair... That is a rather bold statement to make. I put this to you. Can you imagine putting all that money and effort into a precursor collection and then throwing A LOT more time and money into making a legendary only to later have that legendary weapon break beyond repair... we are talking over 1,000 gold... Gone! Just like that!

If that were the case I can imagine the game would very quickly be shut down due to players simply leaving the game, I know I would!

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

onevstheworld.2419

It was a sand-box-GW2-Theme park game. Anet targeted player who was looking for that. Because GW2 was made like that. We were new community with our own game. There was no theme-park WoW-esque experience.
-WoW-esque, WoW-ish it means K.I.A. for any game except WoW.
-(A TP that didn’t show us all the other offers out there and constantly choked.) Out where, other games, WoW?
-BLTC could sell me a wallet, wardrobe…
-“A wonky defiance system that most people couldn’t understand…” -Was not WoW-esquent??? It looks like WoW players have something to do with GW2.

I think you misunderstand the themepark vs sandbox game… its got nothing to do with combat systems. They are both sub-genres of MMOs. An analogy is when you go on vacation, you can either go camping (sandbox) or to Disneyland (themepark).

When you go to Disneyland, you do what Disneyland offers and nothing more… i.e. rides and attractions. When you’re camping, you make your own fun… fishing, hiking, reading, bird-watching, whatever you want. In a themepark game, you’re role is always a “questing adventurer”… kill rats for farmers, explore dungeons, save the world. In a sandbox game, you can still be the questing adventurer, but you can just as easily say “f-you farmer, I’m going to be a trader/farmer/bandit”. GW2 motto of “play the way you want” is actually more like “play the adventurer the way you want”.

Another hallmark of sandbox games is they expose you to the mundane tasks of life, whereas a themepark game glosses over those aspects for convenience/pacing reasons. Going back to the analogy: When you’re at Disneyland you eat burgers at the diner, stay at the resort and have clean restrooms. When you’re camping, you cook your own food, pitch you tent, poop behind a bush. In the themepark, your character doesn’t need sustenance or shelter, can fast travel, trades by opening a TP/AH window, death has few penalties. In the sandbox, your character can get hungry and cold, has to walk everywhere, trades by pulling his cart from city to city, and death is punishing.

Obviously things aren’t completely black and white… themepark games can have sandbox elements and vice versa, but GW2, ESO, FF14 and most MMOs are very much themepark games. I say they are WoW-esque because WoW is THE big kahuna themepark MMO. Sandbox MMOs are rarer… SWG and Eve Online are the only ones that come to mind. Most modern MMO players, myself included, prefer the themepark game, hence it’s popularity.

A number of your suggestions tend towards the sandbox side of the spectrum, hence my opinion that they would never be implemented in GW2 and why you may enjoy a themepark MMO with heavy sandbox elements, i.e. BDO.

(edited by onevstheworld.2419)

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Patch is a security update only. I If I had tools and knowledge how to make a modification, I would make one. And that would be a right thing to do. And in all games that I played I did download and install some modifications. Even if it was a total conversion. But I always had a chance to play non modified game.

I am starting to wonder if you ever played any MMO previous to this one.
You seem to be thinking about singleplayer games and game mods – to be played, installed and uninstalled whichever way you like. It does not work that way, though. These games run on a game server.
A system where everyone is able to pick or deny any changes freely would only ever work if absolutely everything about this game was instanced. Butt he imbalance alone would already completely destroy the game if you are able to deny nerfs to your characters as you see fit.

(edited by Henry.5713)

Danikat.8537

I mentioned what I would do If I was a developer. And in that case I would do the way that this kind of Topics would not have a chance to exist. There would be no reason to make them. It is not about what, it is about how. How do you represent a modification. I am aware that changes can be made. Patch is a security update only. I If I had tools and knowledge how to make a modification, I would make one. And that would be a right thing to do. And in all games that I played I did download and install some modifications. Even if it was a total conversion. But I always had a chance to play non modified game.

You’re confusing 3rd party unofficial (aka fan-made) modifications with official ones. The term modification simply means a change made to the game (or any other product or service).

Within the games industry the term modification, or mod, is commonly used to refer to fan-made mods, with terms like update used for official ones. But since the User Agreement is a legal document it has to cover all the names people might use for a change.

Fan-made mods are always optional because the person making the mod does not own the product or service (game) they are modifying and cannot legally make changes to it. This is also why in most cases they are not allowed to charge money for these mods.

Just like I can buy a tub of plain vanilla ice cream, mix frozen fruit into it and offer it to my friends but I cannot make the supermarket sell my new version under the brand name of the original ice cream.

But the company that makes that ice cream could add fruit to it and sell it under the brand name. They could even stop selling the original plain vanilla version and only sell the fruit version. And if a customer does not like fruit in their ice cream and wants just plain vanilla they would have to buy a different brand.

In the same way Arenanet can modify their service in any way they choose and their customers have to accept the change or find a different game to play.

onevstheworld.2419

I kind of agree with you about the old system of influence, whereby you gain it for doing certain tasks around the world and that influence was spent to active boost for your guild. With the new system sadly there is really no real difference between guilds anymore and guilds have nothing unique to market themselves on, for the simple fact that once you fully upgrade your guild hall you gain all the same benefits as any other guild, making it very difficult to market your guild… there needs to be some freedom put back into the game where guilds are concerned.

I do agree with that sentiment, but I don’t think influence was that great a system for distinguishing your guild’s achievements either. There are plenty of guilds that have distinguished themselves by their actions instead of guild hall/wealth/other game statistic; a few off the top of my head – [TTS] and [EVOS] for large group content, [KING] and [DnT] for small group content, [SAND] for specialized DT runs, an AB multi-map guild whose name escapes me, the various WvW guilds on T1 servers, etc. You just need to be good at what you do, and word of mouth eventually spreads your fame.

Sadly the OP lost me with the suggestion of Weapons Broken beyond repair… That is a rather bold statement to make. I put this to you. Can you imagine putting all that money and effort into a precursor collection and then throwing A LOT more time and money into making a legendary only to later have that legendary weapon break beyond repair… we are talking over 1,000 gold… Gone! Just like that!

That’s one of the sandbox-leaning mechanics I alluded to in my prior post, which is out of character within GW2’s themepark philosophy.

(edited by onevstheworld.2419)

QLi.3742

Legendary and ascended gear could be non included to the system I mentioned. Yes these are expensive.

When you talk about a theme-park I can only say that all them-parks are sand-boxes. They can be big as WoW or small as CoD. And there can be one toy in it or 10 toys in it. And you can expend it.

Question is how you do it, and what additional toys you put in it and are these toys appropriate for a kid that a sand-box was made for. How much time will he/she spend in a sand-box daily? As I understand they want to play with all toys in it. Is a sand-box secure? Will a kid be pleased, content or bothered, in agony… I do talk about PvE.

(Three days ago it took me one hour to gather x number of materials. In y days I will be able to craft the item I want. On the third day a recipe was changed.)
I am a customer. Kids are older every year. And I don´t give a “kitten”.
If someone thinks I should, a game would be available to create an account for only to the end of a release date. Many cultures, many servers.

QLi.3742

I did play MMOs before. But some of the things did not happen in this way. But the worst were and still are there. I bought GW2 because dev. and their official support assured me that worst will not happen. It did.

How many dev. targeted players are in GW2?

QLi.3742

Just like I can buy a tub of plain vanilla ice cream, mix frozen fruit into it and offer it to my friends but I cannot make the supermarket sell my new version under the brand name of the original ice cream.- I guess you can.

And a dev. took it personal.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Perhaps it is a language barrier, but I’m not sure many of the terms/words you use mean what you think they mean.

I truly doubt the Customer Support Team, nor the Devs, assured you there would be no changes to the game ever. Mind-boggling, indeed.

Sand-box does not mean ‘made for children’.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

How much does a 1 copper ore cost in €?

10 euro/dollar = 800 gems and 800 gems = ~200gold so:
10 euro/dollar = ~200 gold

1 copper = ~1 s, so 20000 copper = 200 gold,
so 10 euro = 20000 copper, so1 euro-/dollarcent =20 copper

In teh end I get to this figure:
1 copper = 0.05 euro-/dollarcent.

Not taking into consideration revaluation of the monetary values taken at approx 13:50 CET 27-8-1016 just for completeness actual values 800 gems was 205 gold at the time, and 1 copper ore cost 1 s 4 copper.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

Ascended are not overpowered. They are as overpowered as exotic in comparison with rare, for example. And, nowadays, you can get a full ascended equipment with no great trouble or effort.

As a player who never got any ascended gear except some trinkets like rings and amulets, I would be interested to know how one would acquire a full set of ascended equipment, mainly armour and weapons, “with no great trouble or effort”.

You see when I got to the wiki it says things like this "Ascended armor is crafted using ascended materials and is a complex process. "

That doesn’t sounds like it’s as easy as you suggest.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Derdhal.6908

As a player who never got any ascended gear except some trinkets like rings and amulets, I would be interested to know how one would acquire a full set of ascended equipment, mainly armour and weapons, “with no great trouble or effort”.

You see when I got to the wiki it says things like this "Ascended armor is crafted using ascended materials and is a complex process. "

It’a a matter of time, not effort or trouble. Just play. You’ll get ascended gear and/or mats to craft it just playing. I assume you don’t consider “play” an effort.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

It’a a matter of time, not effort or trouble. Just play. You’ll get ascended gear and/or mats to craft it just playing. I assume you don’t consider “play” an effort.

Playing your way perhaps but though I have some of the materials I certainly don’t just pick all of that up while playing. And well the big issue for me really is the crafting system. I think it’s a crap system and I don’t like how it’s set up so it will be an effort for me to bring multiple crafting professions to max.

You should understand that not everybody plays the same way and if you have to do a bunch of repetitive stuff that you don’t like to begin with, then yes it is troublesome and becomes an effort. My brain won’t allow me to do things that are too repetitive because it bores the crap out of me.

It’s ok though, I don’t need ascended gear, but I was interested in what you called easy to do. Clearly it’s only easy if you play the way you do, which I don’t. I couldn’t do that to myself, but I’m glad it’s easy for you.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Playing your way perhaps but though I have some of the materials I certainly don’t just pick all of that up while playing. And well the big issue for me really is the crafting system. I think it’s a crap system and I don’t like how it’s set up so it will be an effort for me to bring multiple crafting professions to max.

You should understand that not everybody plays the same way and if you have to do a bunch of repetitive stuff that you don’t like to begin with, then yes it is troublesome and becomes an effort. My brain won’t allow me to do things that are too repetitive because it bores the crap out of me.

It’s ok though, I don’t need ascended gear, but I was interested in what you called easy to do. Clearly it’s only easy if you play the way you do, which I don’t. I couldn’t do that to myself, but I’m glad it’s easy for you.

Then do world bosses like tripple trubble and teqatil for a chance at a drop.

Play spvp on normal or farm maps for more chances at drops.

Even if you cant be bothered with that do fractals or buy +1 infusions merge them with the robo merchant inside fractal hub untill you got enough ar to do t4 fractals for a daily chance at boxes.

Edit

I havent crafted a single ascended piece and got full light armor full heavy and 50% medium done + a bunch of weapons.

Edit 2

Sorry I lied I have crafted ascended but that was the precursor for the legendary backpiece.

(edited by Linken.6345)

QLi.3742

If I knew this kind of changes would be on the product I bought the right to use, I would newer bought it.
When I went to in-game city it was destroyed, players fighting whoever destroyed it. Why, logic tells me that they did not like the fact that someone destroyed that city.
I asked If it will be rebuilt and the answer I got was Yes. But It was not.
So I think my money was stolen.
Once I logged on and pressed play: window: asking me if I accept a subsequent modification etc. I choose NO.

But the game did not start. After yeas of playing a game.
What, why ask? It has been downloaded and installed, as a patch.