System (What went wrong.)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

EULA:

10. SERVICE AND AVAILABILITY

You acknowledge that ArenaNet may in its reasonable discretion provide subsequent versions, enhancements, modifications, upgrades or patches related to any part of the Service.

Well you actually agreed to the game being changed…. and you did so on accepting teh EULA at 1st install.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

It’s ok though, I don’t need ascended gear, but I was interested in what you called easy to do.

Then do world bosses like tripple trubble and teqatil for a chance at a drop.
[/quote]

As I said, I don’t need it, but for argument’s sake…how many times would you have to kill either of those bosses on a sort of average from your experience before you could expect an ascended item drop that you could use for that specific character?

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

EULA:

10. SERVICE AND AVAILABILITY

You acknowledge that ArenaNet may in its reasonable discretion provide subsequent versions, enhancements, modifications, upgrades or patches related to any part of the Service.

Well you actually agreed to the game being changed…. and you did so on accepting teh EULA at 1st install.

And what is reasonable I wonder? That’s probably a rather flexible definition depending on who you speak to.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m sorry, QLi, that you aren’t enjoying the changes made to the game, in terms of both features and content. ANet advertised from the beginning that they intended to evolve the world, so I think they did tell us about this from the beginning.

While it’s your right to dislike the evolution of the game, you (nor I) get to decide what goes into the game; that’s up to ANet and ANet alone.

Sometimes it happens that we spend on a game or a car or a house or whatever and realize it isn’t what we thought it was. Being sometimes disappointed by our own choices is one of the icky things about being an adult.

tl;dr sorry you don’t like it; time to move on to something you do like.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Zephic.3075

Zephic.3075

What exactly are you arguing for OP? I have read your premise several times now and I still do not fully understand what you are complaining about. This is an online game. Patches are not just for fixing issues, they add content and changes to the game. I can’t see you getting much support here, as many of us like many of the changes that have come to the game.

Ascended gear is NOT OP. The minute you make weapons break is the minite you lose most of the player base. I have never seen other players refuse to help others in PvE, so your point on using low level equipment for low level dungeons is moot.

If you think your money was stolen, then file a ticket for a refund. Sorry, you didn’t like the changes, but you seem to be advocating something that goes completely against the idea of an MMO. If you don’t like changes, then why advocate for these drastic changes?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

What exactly are you arguing for OP? I have read your premise several times now and I still do not fully understand what you are complaining about. This is an online game. Patches are not just for fixing issues, they add content and changes to the game. I can’t see you getting much support here, as many of us like many of the changes that have come to the game.

Ascended gear is NOT OP. The minute you make weapons break is the minite you lose most of the player base. I have never seen other players refuse to help others in PvE, so your point on using low level equipment for low level dungeons is moot.

If you think your money was stolen, then file a ticket for a refund. Sorry, you didn’t like the changes, but you seem to be advocating something that goes completely against the idea of an MMO. If you don’t like changes, then why advocate for these drastic changes?

No, QLi doesn’t hate change. They just hate any change that they don’t like and want ANet to come out with a version of the game that only has the changes that they like along with some more changes that aren’t in the game currently. Which isn’t going to happen as that’s not how MMO’s work.

Or they want ANet to ask them if they approve of any and all future changes. And that’s ludicrous because if that’s the case, I want them to do that but with me. And every other person in the game would want to be that one player who gets final say on future changes. So it isn’t going to happen.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

From this thread and previous thread, the OP has unrealistic expectations. He appears to have never have played an MMO but only single player games and bases his expectations on that.

He wants everyone to be able to play the game build at time X they want. Some people playing the at launch version, some playing the fall of Lions Arch version, some playing the Scarlet map invasion version, some playing the HoT pre nerf version and so on and so on, and all of these people with different versions and different skill balances somehow able to play together. He doesn’t seem to realize how impossible this wish is. This is the backbone of his complaint when he talks in this thread about changes and not having given permission for these changes. That he wants to return to vanilla gw2, wants to give permission for any changes and doesn’t understand that the game changes as a whole and it’s impossible for the devs to get permission to make changes. At best they can poll to see if people really like or dislike a suggested change.

He’ll either need to come to terms with the game changing without his permission or he will need to find a game that doesn’t change as he’s not going to get what he wants here.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: QLi.3742

QLi.3742

I have never installed any subsequent changes. And I told that before, using in-game bug report. So I consider everything that was not a patch, a hack. And I did send a report that Guildwars2.com was hacked.
MMOs are just multiplayer games with more things to do. There is no reason to change a meaning of a term used, anywhere.

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

This is the most hilarious thread I’ve seen in a long time! Reporting Anet for making updates to the game – best attempt at trolling I’ve seen in years

In due time, all will serve the asura.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

ArenaNet promised us a living and breathing world to which they would add and change things in. And this they have announced and delivered.

Not knowing what product you bought, nor what you agreed on is honestly not very smart.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

QLi.3742

Read a reply again Just a flesh wound and you will see that I mentioned Official Anet Support.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Is there supposed to be a difference between ‘Official ArenaNet Support’ and ArenaNet?

Some of this stuff is unbelievable, truly.

If you find your characters acting ‘strangely’, you might consider one or all of the following:

Change your password.
Repair your client.
Seek assistance.

Good luck.

QLi.3742

Someone does. Character slipped of a cliff sideways in Hidden Garden. I tried to get materials for a chest to open. This kind of things are going on for years now. That is not a normal movement of in-game character.

QLi.3742

Inculpatus cedo: game has been installed few days ago. Password change, repairing client does not help. Where can I seek assistance after more than two hundred bug reports. And nothing changed. If I reinstall everything it might help for a day.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Unfortunately, for game assistance, you would need to request help from the ‘Official ArenaNet Support’ via the ‘Support’ link above/below.

Be aware, submitting an in-game Bug Report will garner no response, as indicated on the Bug Report window.

Good luck.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Two people can’t be on the same account and two times.

I find it highly unlikely and unbelievable that anyone at ANet would target your account and make your characters take a few steps and fall.

What is more likely happening is one of the following:

1. You’ve got something in your keyboard between the F key and the R key. F key opens chests and R key toggles auto run on/off. If there is something stuck between those keys hitting F may cause R to be hit as well, causing you to suddenly run off of a cliff.

And it would explain why it sometimes seems to go away. You don’t hit the keys in the exact same place every time.

Try cleaning your keyboard out.

2. You’re a bit like me and will over jump, over steer, and wind up falling or missing the jump. Or you’ll accidentally hit the wrong key. Being more careful is the only solution here.

But seeing as you’re the only one speaking up with this problem, it’s very much likely not a problem with the game. Bugs don’t tend to happen to just one person. And this would be a bug where players who had it would be complaining about it.

Posted by: Derdhal.6908

Derdhal.6908

Maybe chaotic: but more secure.

No way. They should maintain hundreds os versions, each one with their particular situations, then.

Who is really a troll?

If you report an update as a bug because you consider it hacking? You, obviously. A troll or a comedian, because is the most hilarious thing related to software ever read.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

So, OP legit believes that support is hacking his account and making him fall off cliffs and other such things? For real?

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

There isn’t anything wrong here. Nothing I see happening in GW2 is any different than other MMO’s. OP just don’t understand EULA. Probably doesn’t even realize what he pays for, which is why he’s complaining about changes happening. You don’t pay for content and you don’t own your account … you pay for access to the game, which can change however Anet sees fit.

QLi.3742

Obtena. That is a main problem. I did not just bought the right to play. I bought 10. SERVICE AND AVAILABILITY also. And I bought it in 2012. Why? Because I believed in a reasonable discretion.

RoseofGilead.8907

Obtena. That is a main problem. I did not just bought the right to play. I bought 10. SERVICE AND AVAILABILITY also. And I bought it in 2012. Why? Because I believed in a reasonable discretion.

You have service, and the game is available for use 99.9% of the time. So, you got what you paid for. And:

“You acknowledge that ArenaNet may in its reasonable discretion provide subsequent versions, enhancements, modifications, upgrades or patches related to any part of the Service.”

Again, you got what you paid for. So, please, quit with the false claims.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

QLi.3742

How much would a private server cost?

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

An illegal server that gets closed down and the owners sued for copyright infringement? It would be the price of court costs, fines and any jail sentence.

A legal server? Arnanet istnt going to sell their rights to someone else so not possible.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I don’t think that’s a relevant question. First have to ask yourself if Anet would allow someone to set up a private server in the first place. Considering it would probably compete with their own business, chance would likely be zero.

RoseofGilead.8907

Nothing because they don’t exist, and Anet would (rightly) not want to invest in making/allowing one.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

This thread just keeps getting better.

As far as a private server goes, I believe another rather popular MMO just forcibly shut down a private server awhile back.

So yeah, cost isn’t the issue.

Headdesk

(edited by oshilator.4681)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Why do people continue to entertain the OP in this thread? It is clear the OP is either really confused about what an MMO is, maybe some language barrier, or more than likely just rambling for some odd reason. Just let the thread die already and let the OP continue to ramble on alone if they so wish.

The Burninator

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Why do people continue to entertain the OP in this thread? It is clear the OP is either really confused about what an MMO is, maybe some language barrier, or more than likely just rambling for some odd reason. Just let the thread die already and let the OP continue to ramble on alone if they so wish.

In other words, if someone is really confused about what something is then we shouldn’t explain so they’re not confused, even if it takes several posts and pages? Wouldn’t whether or not a thread is worthwhile be up to the people answering the OP or to the moderators? It’s our time after all that we use to answer or not. If someone doesn’t like the thread then they needn’t either post or read it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

^^ I could have used the term trolling instead of rambling but avoided it, but I’ll use it now. It seems like a troll thread given the OPs history and many of their posts in this thread. So if you all want to go ahead and entertain that go for it. I think everything has been explained enough to the OP through this thread and their other thread on the same issue that got closed. But people do love their forum PvP. /sigh

Given the off chance the OP is not trolling you said it best yourself.

He’ll either need to come to terms with the game changing without his permission or he will need to find a game that doesn’t change as he’s not going to get what he wants here.

His posts are a bit more odd than when you started updating the gem store sale thread from your alt.

Every time this thread gets bumped up with replies to the OP it takes space from the limited amount of IMO more genuine threads and discussions that are displayed on the front page. Just my 2 cents and the last I’ll have to do with what I see as an attention seeking troll thread.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

I agree on what you said about the players not willing to donate to a guild. I had a grim experience with donating over 300g to a guild I left week after because they were nothing but a bunch of close-circled PvE friends with a very hateful opinion on PvP. (that’s despite they were advertising themselves as PvX guild) But whatever, I can relate to, I would never donate into something I don’t owe and can lose at any moment. Meanwhile doing guild event to earn guild currency for a guild would be cool in my opinon unlike spending precious gold I’ve grinded.
However, I don’t agree on adding durability to an armor simply because neither would it encourage players to play together nor would it make happy current database. Why ? Because noone would want to bother with that and we would have less players running around to “cooperate with”.
As for explicit “cooperation” thing. I belive there are many players that like to do any ingame stuff solo, without constant need of relying on cooperation with somebody. Personally, I am getting quite irritated if any community/guild meeting event is going on for too long and need to cool off in solo spvp/wvw roaming or just go farm some gold in PvE alone.
So in my opinion getting rid of GH mats sinks and replacing it with some guild currency earned by guild events is a cool idea, while adding one irritating stuff to complement with other semi-irritating stuff would be..awful despite good motives at core.

QLi.3742

(By Chad: A legal server? Arnanet istnt going to sell their rights to someone else so not possible.)

What are these:
Arborstone [FR]
MillerĀ“s Sound [DE]
Baruch Bay [SP]

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

(By Chad: A legal server? Arnanet istnt going to sell their rights to someone else so not possible.)

What are these:
Arborstone [FR]
MillerĀ“s Sound [DE]
Baruch Bay [SP]

You’ve listed a bunch of European servers that Anet run. You won’t find a launch version of GW2 on them either. But you’re welcome to join them if you don’t mind speaking french, german or spanish.

QLi.3742

So It is possible to buy a server.

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

I have never installed any subsequent changes. And I told that before, using in-game bug report. So I consider everything that was not a patch, a hack. And I did send a report that Guildwars2.com was hacked.
MMOs are just multiplayer games with more things to do. There is no reason to change a meaning of a term used, anywhere.

And that Sir is either a hillarious troll or the reason why you will never understand if you are actually being serious.

Posted by: LyricDawnhagen.7803

LyricDawnhagen.7803

So It is possible to buy a server.

No, those servers are operated by ArenaNet just like the ones in the USA. No MMO that I have heard of allows private servers of their game. People that illegally set up private servers get hit with lawsuits requiring them to take the servers down and wipe them.

QLi.3742

Is it possible to sign a contract with ArenaNet to set up a legal private server?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No. Absolutely not. For goodness sake, your only choices are to play the current version of Guild Wars 2, play Guild Wars (One), or purchase/play a single-player game and never install any updates.

Perhaps a perusal of the Wiki (link above) would allow you to familiarize yourself more with the game and game terms.

Good luck.

Posted by: Moderator

[It appears this thread has run its course. It is now closed. Thank you!]