TEQ world boss is empty

TEQ world boss is empty

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

ok so most of the times when i go to do TEQ (well every single time for me)…ITS EMPTYYYYY! like super we are going to fail empty!! so i say ok ok its megaservers right? ill relog and ill be paired up in a diff map megaserver…NOPE!!! dont work that way!! u get put in the same empty place!! i guess they really wanted to pair you up with THE SAME PEOPLE!

so i say ok ok ok…..let me GUEST in a “full” server….so i did….and guess wut….SAME PEOPLE AND EMPTY!! whats the point of even having the guest option???? please work on your megaserver….dont pair me up with people OUTSIDE MY GUILD OR FRIENDS LIST! PLEASE!

i understand pairing me up with NA players, same guild players, friends list, and trying to keep a map around a certain population without going below a minimum, but REALLY!?!?! a dead world boss map THAT I NEED TO DO FOR THE ACHIEVEMENT U PUT FOR IT…..yet i am unable to do it. completely unable to do it.

sorry for the extreme raging, but at least recognize im right.

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

You’re wrong. Find people who do Tequatl. It’s meant to be a group even, be a part of the group.

TEQ world boss is empty

Adry.7512

You’re wrong. Find people who do Tequatl. It’s meant to be a group even, be a part of the group.

i think u lack perspective on the problem. THERE IS NO GROUP TO PAIR UP WITH!! no matter how much i tried, there were VERY few people doing teq! no one in the “group” of people i get paired up with do teq. be part of the group? what group dude?

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: Brannidus.4175

Brannidus.4175

The megaserver didn’t change the fact that anyone planning on killing tequatl will show up half an hour to an hour early to organize. The megaserver killing him is simply full if you try to zone in 5 minutes before he shows up.

TEQ world boss is empty

Adry.7512

The megaserver didn’t change the fact that anyone planning on killing tequatl will show up half an hour to an hour early to organize. The megaserver killing him is simply full if you try to zone in 5 minutes before he shows up.

really? so i have to cancel on claw of jor and just sit there for 20mins? =/

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: XPilo.5862

XPilo.5862

You need waypoint to the map 1 hour or 45 minutes before event start.

TEQ world boss is empty

Adry.7512

hmmm well ty on the info, ill work on that next time i guess…..

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

For Teq it is BEST to get there AT LEAST an hour early. For the best win results from the two bolded parts is to be there for server reset time.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

For Tequatl and the Triple Wurm:

1. If you’re serious about getting a kill, join a TTS overflow (for NA. There are UK guilds that do this too, but I’m not sure who they are). The best way to do this is by joining the guild itself, but we also happily team up with pugs in the same map. We just ask that you log on to our TS server so you can hear instructions and calls for action (e.g. "Slow down on attacking our Wurm so the others can catch up). We normally start gathering about an hour to 1.5 hours beforehand.

2. For semi-organised attempts, join the map about 30mins to 45mins beforehand. At this stage you’ll usually end up in an overflow where people want to do the boss, and people start setting up.

3. For last minute attempts, join the map right on the timer. Sometimes you MIGHT get into one of the above two overflow types if someone disconnects, but more often than not, you’ll end up in a nearly empty overflow.

You don’t need to bother about showing up early for the Karka Queen. While some maps will start setting up prior to her timer, her pre-events are simple enough that new overflows are created all the time when she becomes active, and almost all of them get a successful kill.

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Just ignore Teq and forget totally that he exists ..

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Take some initiative. If you have an empty map, there are likely other people in other empty maps crying the same story.

So start a LFG in Open World content for more players to kill Teq, have them join your party in Sparkfly, then leave once they are on the map and repeat the process until you get as many people in the same map as you can, all wanting to actively kill Teq.

Doing this will give you a win quite often.

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Just ignore Teq and forget totally that he exists ..

done and done.

Worst design revamp I can remember … and I can remember all the way back to the 80’s

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Hard events are made to be hard and take team work. Why show up if there is no organization going on? You cant make ppl do events when you feel like they should unless your in an organization. That and you could not even solo teq before the update and that was just a spam fest i guess if you wanted to bot a game it was good for you but beyond that it was just a bump in the rode of loot.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

But hey , after waiting for 1.5 hrs you eventually catch a DC.

Working as intended.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

i always get in map around 40 min before and afk till it spawns, works pretty fine for me

eu servers, if i am maybe bit late or something, i join the ts of gw2 community (eu) and get a fast taxi

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Take some initiative.

This is the best advice Adry could be given.

You wonder sometimes if it’s easier for some to clog up the forums with a QQ post than to go to a website, spend 30 secs filling out a recruitment form and within a day be killing tequatl (TTS ftw).

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

heh i randomly got sunbringer title after randomly doing things at one random teq i bumbled into by accident a few weeks ago. funny how different people’s experiences can be. frankly the fight seems mechanically oversimplified and a bit boring, but i also smashed my head against heroic lich king and heroic ragnaros like if i didn’t get a new epic my kidneys would fail, so maybe i’m a bit jaded.

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

You can show up 40 min before and get a guaranteed tea kill, 20 min before and have a greater than50% chance. All with pugs. You can champ farm, harvest mats (platinum is selling well), event farm, chat or whatever while waiting. This seems to be unacceptable to you but leaves me confused as to why. I have zero empathy for people who refuse to help themselves.

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Just want to say that every time I’ve commanded in a Tequatl run we always manage to hard cap the server the latest by 25min before he spawns. This isn’t even an orgnanised guild run. It’ll be 4 commanders from different guilds and servers with 120-ish random players most of whom I won’t see again. If we’re short of people, we’ll pop a message into LFG taxiing people into the server at which point I can guarantee it will cap. If you want to get into a Tequatl run, look in LFG Open World about 30-40min before he spawns and see if there are any taxis.

So far, of all the runs I’ve commanded, I’ve had 0 failures largely because of the bug fixes and also because so many people have done it now that very few people don’t know the mechanics.

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: innocens.1582

innocens.1582

mostly do teq at 18:00 dutch time and im there 45 minuts before it starts.
A friend of mine does the same (hes on another server).
If my map is ok he comes to me and if his map is ok i go to him.
Mostly if your early you get a good group.

At 21:00(dutch time) i see a lot of ‘guild teq runs’ organised by different guilds.
im there about 10-15 min early and if its a guild run its a guaranteed success.

a man who doesnt make mistakes doesnt do anything

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Welcome to Wait Wars 2.

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Welcome to Wait Wars 2.

Guess you’ve not played an MMO with raid and dungeon lockouts.

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I love teq, I enter the map between 30min and 1hour early. (go make lunch or something)., and I always get into a server organising to kill him, we;ve had some close calls. But more times than not, it’s an easy win.

The problem with teq is it requires organisation, and 5min early isn’t enough time to organise, also anyone who actually wants to beat teq and knows how to, will get there early.

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Welcome to Wait Wars 2.

Guess you’ve not played an MMO with raid and dungeon lockouts.

One of the reasons i started GW2 was that i hated raiding.

The good thing is at least that i can still ignore Teq here, since its not like in other MMOs that raids give by far the best items. If they however start with that i’m mostly out.

Also lockouts are in now way like waiting for Teq (at least i have never camped the door of a dungeon for an hour waiting to get in again). Thats more like it was in Everquest 2 where you had to camp mobs for hours until they spawn. And even if i played that game for very long, that is not something i’m missing.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

You gotta be there early, ever time I go there are a ton of people and we’ve killed him several times now. That’s the only tip I can give, or you could find taxi’s. Just don’t show up at the last moment because yes, everyone that cares is already in a full map or tried to get into one.

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

But hey , after waiting for 1.5 hrs you eventually catch a DC.

Working as intended.

DCed and then kicked by TTS party members (not even given that slim chance to reconnect to the server) because I was expendable. Nice people.

Commanders are ok though. They taxi ppl and organize.

My other forum topic on this was deleted and I was given an infraction if anyone is curious.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

My guild is doing Teq every day and every day they kill him.

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Wow, still these threads appear, 10 months after the event was changed …

OP, if you show-up at Teq 5 min before spawn, you deserve what you get, an empty map and a failed event.

I command at Teq, and usually post a taxi notice in LFG if the map we are organising is not full 25 min before spawn. Players who actually want to succeed this event arrive prepared 30-45 min before spawn.

So many guilds and randoms successfully do this event now, the price of Teq minis on the TP has crashed. If you have not figured out how to get on an organised map by now, then go do Maw or Shatterer instead ..

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

i think u lack perspective on the problem. THERE IS NO GROUP TO PAIR UP WITH!! no matter how much i tried, there were VERY few people doing teq! no one in the “group” of people i get paired up with do teq. be part of the group? what group dude?

Let me guess, you arrived just before he spawned?

Yeah, that doesn’t work.

TEQ world boss is empty

Posted by: Spartacus.9743

Spartacus.9743

Me and my little group of friends are organizing a map for teq every day at 02:00 AM (european time, at the reset of the daily for being more specific)..
Feel free to whisp me atleast 45/50 min before teq spawn i’ll be glad to let you join the map without any problem
P.S: we also activate karka after teq