Things and changes you don't like

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

Hi all I feel like this had to be a post worth posting for a while now. I wanted to take a different approach in helping Anet realize what players actually dislike about their changes over the past few years and get an idea of what the players actually want. Now before posting this, I want to say that this is not an attempt to criticize Anet or tell them how bad they are, and this is not a place to report bugs or mention any sort of bugs in the game. The reason I’m doing this is because there have been numerous occasions where we as players tell Anet what we want, and they seldom only ever listen, so I wanted to do the opposite and see what results yield out of it.

I will start off by listing the things I don’t like so far:

-Ascended armor styles, they look ridiculous in my opinion.
-Several Gem Store outfits that look ridiculous .
-Needlessly overpriced items in the gemstore such as the repair canister.
-Needlessly oversized borderland maps in WvW, the new maps are overdone and too big to navigate around.
-The excessive use of banners in WvW by an enemy group, personally I think they should be limited to whether or not a group has the outnumbered buff.
-The lack of more new dungeon content with new dungeon armor and keeping several old ones like the dungeon with Mai Trin (Although this was converted to a fractal , the dungeon still could’ve stayed as a good implementation to the game).
- Kites can’t be retracted or extended.
- Captain’s Airship Pass .
- The removal of Phalanx heavy armor skin.
- Keeping Zodiac Armor Set.
-The removal of super adventure box.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Things/Changes I don’t like:

power creep

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

All caps in forum thread titles.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

E-Sports
Verticallity

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Oh. yeah, and that Azure. XD

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

Think/Changes I don’t like:
lack of new armor sets being replaced for outfits

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Destroying small guilds, bringing HoT to the core game with gliding, not refunding SAB coins, not fixing outlier accounts and being too cheap to get a new forum.

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

Update: Edited title.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The balance between negativity and positiveness on the forums.

Posted by: Kattenpootjes.4291

Kattenpootjes.4291

Pretty much everything since the beta ended XD but I really miss the character bound wallet!

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Things i dont like:

- That the balance isnt seperated between the game types
- Outfits
- The lack of armor skins in the 50 bucks expansion
- NPE patch
- Visual “noise” nerf without any options to keep the nice visuals if you want to
- Several nerfs to skills and mechanics on many classes
- The focus on esperts
- What they did to wvw

Posted by: SmudgerUK.4715

SmudgerUK.4715

I don’t like that Skill points were changed and split between Hero points and Spirit Shards. I now have toons with a surplus of Hero points that I can’t use.

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

Lack of a coherent philosophy to the game. When the game started it was casual friendly, simple easy to get into content. No grind unless you wanted legendary weapons, overall very casual. The hardcore gamers left the game when they saw it was casual, some stayed but the bulk moved on to greener pastures. Now HoT came out, and it’s a total opposite of that core philosophy. Game started with dungeons, nerf dungeons make no new ones. Game had some larger than life world bosses, they added one. Game required no grind, now it requires getting 1-80 SEVERAL TIMES OVER to finish all your masteries. Result? The hardcore gamers that already left don’t care, and the casuals that loved the game are in the process of an exodus because it’s not the game they signed up for.

Pick something, build on it, keep building on it, quit trying to make up new ideas before you finish old ones.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Things I don’t like: not giving a basis for why you don’t like a thing. “I don’t like outfits” doesn’t say what exactly is wrong with them, for instance. “Several gem store outfits that look ridiculous.” Which ones? What is the ridiculous part of them? How would you improve them into something you do like?

I’m not saying you shouldn’t point out flawed things about the game, but they can’t really work on fixing the flaws if you don’t give something more detailed than a general “it doesn’t match my opinion of what is good.” (Some posters have in fact given some details; most, however, have just listed parts of the game in very broad strokes).

Here is my thing I don’t like: Guild hall decorating and scribing. It is far too expensive for the rewards received and makes it prohibitive to make enough decorations to actually do anything interesting. I would suggest converting to a wardrobe skin system where you unlock an item once and then rubber stamp it as much as you like so long as you have decoration permission. From there tweaks could be made to increase the objects that can be made, add in wall hangings and paintings for mounting on vertical surfaces, and the like.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

And, it should go without saying by now, but I am sick of not being able to disable the targeting of yellow mobs. Both auto-attack and the various targeting keys should have a toggle to disable the targeting of yellow mobs. This is just horrid game design… players should never have to struggle with the UI because of the risk of doing something they would never intend to do.

I forgot about that. I guess I just take it for granted now that it will never be addressed.

Posted by: ravenoak.2459

ravenoak.2459

lack of S1 content

Posted by: BlackfoxKitsune.7480

BlackfoxKitsune.7480

how its become impossible for small guilds with the new stupid guild updates (With no tutorial on how to use them!) but oh wait you need the numbers to get the mets in to do anything with your guild and so begins the ENDLES and BORING grind fest.

Nerfing Nerfing and nerfing. its like there is an obsession with nurfering everything play based for the sake of it while they beef up everything in PVE and make the PC useless. when is it going to stop it just makes things boring and unplayable.

Living story. I mean that so called story thing between add-ons, where we are apparently the commander of it when really we are just a spear part in a story being told around us, we are not really PART of it.

The so called Boss timers. Woe betide you have a life outside of this game like School, Collage, uni, Family or a job! because you are going to miss most of the bosses if you do!

Megaserver its broken its unstable it boots you mid combat.

PVE enemy mobs that block progress or make it that you have to squad up to just get past alive with out having to WP to a WP the OTHER side of the map to wade back against MORE mobs.

Elite Skills: They make you grind and grind and grind and grind and grind and grind and grind and grind and grind and grind and grind to get them! why not just as a new level cap like take us from lvl80 up to lvl 90 or even 100!

Crafting: I used to love it but with the recent changes its just frustrating as heck!

The Lonewolf Clan (LWC)
http://akikitsune.wix.com/lonewolfclan
order of morrigan [Oom]http://oomguild.wix.com/order-of-morrigan

(edited by BlackfoxKitsune.7480)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I will start off by listing the things I don’t like so far:

-Ascended armor styles, they look ridiculous in my opinion.
-Several Gem Store outfits that look ridiculous.

Ridiculous is a difficult criticism to do anything with. Artists reading that would have no clue what it is you don’t like, just that you don’t like some aspect of the art. What about them do you find ridiculous? I believe there is too much of a trend towards armor and skins being overly busy and ornate — particularly the outfits. However, that’s me. There may be something else that triggers your reaction. In the interest of getting what you want, nail it down to something an artist could read and say, "Oh, OK, too much X.

Posted by: nica.5829

nica.5829

Lack of armor skins in HoT, too many outfits in Gemstore and not enough armor skins being made.

In a game where armor collecting is purely for aesthetic reasons, I am really surprised at how they aren’t making new armor! I already have all the old ones from Gemstore now I’m just bored, no new ones in the game either.

This is why I quit to play Aion for ages.

Posted by: nica.5829

nica.5829

Also dislike the stuff that’s unavailable to players now, such as some wings back items etc that you can’t get anymore and can’t get back if you had them before and deleted.

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I hate the NPE, the level gating it brought. Restrictions. Hand holding.

I hated all the trait system shuffling and I don’t like the current version at all.

I despise the megaserver.

I don’t like the wallet.
I don’t like the miniature system as miniatures just don’t look so good that I would like to see them around and now people don’t even have to do anything, and it took the storage system away. They were precious to me, hate to see them destroyed for this.
I hate the loss of town clothes since I loved the combinations, and I really hate losing items. I dread further systems of similar lines.
The wardrobe has its annoyances, I don’t appreciate I don’t get to avoid adding trash things I don’t want unless I put them on inventory of a character I delete. I did this to the free outfits given to veterans too, I really hate the outfit system thanks to town clothes. I haven’t done any “normal” playing for ages so I haven’t actually even had this scenario, but I can’t imagine opening random boxes with random items I don’t want and will have to get rid of “neatly”. The log in reward exotic (I think?) box I delete unopened because I am scared of it ruining my accounts. With scepters, or worse.
Account wide dyes I liked, but wild unidentifieds had to completely go for that? Really? (I don’t care about the stated reasons)

I don’t like the permanent gathering tools or salvage kits (The fee! Horror!), but those I can avoid. It does somewhat annoy me that they exist though. It’s slightly similar to my thoughts of miniatures.

I don’t like Lion’s Arch.

I don’t like the expansion with its systems that feel like tacked on instead of better working with existing systems. Meaning masteries and the new spec… things I seem to forget the name/word for. It looks ugly to me.

I don’t like that I can’t trust things to be stable and safe.

let the sky fall

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

Although GW2 is a great game, it lacks a stable unchanging ‘baseline’. With all the changes and additions and nerfing, there are some things that bother me as much as i’m sure they bother others as well. Here’s a list.

- WvW. Dead as a dodo, biggest zerg wins if you can find one. Get in, do HP’s, get some coins for the stuff you want, get out never to return.

- PvP. Only a handful of classes/builds are even viable there, most don’t even come into play or even stand a chance. In comparison with my all time favorite pvp called Knight Online, this one scales as a -5 on a scale to 20, 20 being the game KO.

- Dungeons. Well, by now we all know that’s a dead zone. Only worth IF you go for the armor skins and for legendaries. Nothing else to find there.

- Fractals. Repeatable dailies, the same instances over and over and over again. Boring as hell, but the rewards are not bad.

- Worldbosses. Oh joy. They finally gonna make achievements out of Shatterer. Oh joy, they’re gonna give us TWO rares instead of ONE. Yay us, we’re rich. (this was sarcasm.)
Most WB’s are done for those that want rares or go for achievements. A snoozefest where you press 1 otherwise. PS dev’s : players are going to find a way to kill shatterer fast. No matter how you make it “challenging”.

- PvE :
A. The crafting system is insanely expensive (scribing…..) or behind timegating. Well, at least it’s a way to make crafting ‘challenging’…. if that was their idea.
“Hey, let’s force them to craft every day, that way they login every day. "right.

B. The storyline needs to be done over and over and over again just to get the achievements and … you got it, masteries. I’m betting some know the storypaths by heart now.

C. Dailies. Farm flax, craft timegated stuff, do fractals, do normal dailies, kill a WB or two, maybe do a SW run. Every .single. day. Oh joy.

Mind you, GW2 is in comparison to most MMO’s a great game, has a helpful community (for sure ingame) , and is one of the biggest worlds in mmo’s with the addition of HoT. But changes are made so often and called “balance patches”, or really stupid idea’s are introduced (i’m sure players find some of those stupid) and are called “improvements”, that it’s no longer a ‘casual’ game but a hardcore grindfest to get the most gold possible or to get that one nearly unreachable skin.
Things you don’t need but are dying to get. Like any decent company that wants to convince us that way.

That was my 2 cents. And now i’m off to play my ‘challenging’ game, Deathclaws here i come, off to Fallout 4. Peace.

Posted by: Exit.5213

Exit.5213

HoT difficulty level, nerf it to the ground
Connection issues
Everything is either expensive like a luxury or dirt cheap
New wvw borders, way too large and convoluted

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

HoT is filled with carnival mini-games called adventures, that are not optional content due to Mastery Points, Achievements and Collections being dependent on them.

This is my number one pet peeve with the expansion, by a wide margin. My intent when purchasing HoT was to get an upgrade of an MMORPG, not a collection of mini-games with themes reminiscent of 20th century console games.

These are not possible to play as a group. They have no relationship whatsoever with the rest of the Tyria story, they are gated through in long event cycles making access a pain in the neck, and they gate Mastery, Achievement and Collection content that is a major part of the expansion content.

Absolutely HORRIBLE.

The effort that went into these should have been spent on the rest of the game. Maybe another map. Or fixing up WVW. Or more new legendaries.

The stuff gated by these Adventures needs to be moved elsewhere.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I still don’t like ascended armor and I don’t suppose I ever will. Not the style, it’s very existence. I don’t think it was necessary for the game.

I don’t like the scribe profession as it was implemented. It’s too risky for most guilds to invest in, because if the scribe leaves, they’re out those mats.

I don’t like that everything uses the same mats over and over, creating an artificial scarcity that drives the prices so high.

I don’t like the increased latency I’m experiencing in Australia.

Posted by: prominence.6251

prominence.6251

Verticality. Our minimaps weren’t built for it, even with the addition of the “above” and “below” arrows.

It makes traveling through the new zones quite a chore. Yes, it’s fun to glide down from certain spots. But those moments of blissful flight don’t outweigh the frustrations that otherwise dominate the new zones.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I still don’t like ascended armor and I don’t suppose I ever will. Not the style, it’s very existence. I don’t think it was necessary for the game.

I don’t like the scribe profession as it was implemented. It’s too risky for most guilds to invest in, because if the scribe leaves, they’re out those mats.

I don’t like that everything uses the same mats over and over, creating an artificial scarcity that drives the prices so high.

One more reasonable, though-out critique like that and you’re going to lose your white knight licence, buddy. Watch it.

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

*Ascended armor – I like having several sets of armor to use. When zerker was the only thing worth having it wasn’t so bad, but now i have to pick one build and stick with it if i want to do high level fractals and raids unless i invest time and money i don’t have. I’m not a fan.

*Lack of dynamic events in HoT – It’s just long event chains that you don’t always have time to do, i miss the Skyrim-esque distractions of central Tyria where random events would pop up and pull you in different directions where you’d find caves and what not to explore on the way.

*Lack of interesting stuff like mini dungeons in HoT zones – I loved stumbeling across those, finding one and getting the chest at the end is a reward by itself

*Face roll difficulty of central Tyria – if it wasn’t for the points above i’d have dropped the game long ago. My biggest issue is that it doesn’t get harder as you level and i can kill mobs while afk on my ranger. It doesn’t have to be HoT challanging but right now the game lets you win unless you’re outnumbered and it’s boring.

*The price of Black Lion Keys – 125gems? Not in a million years

*The community sometimes – Typical MMO community i guess, but people will go out of their way to do as little as humanly possible no matter how boring it is. It must be frustrating to design a game for people who go out of their way to play the content as little as possible.

*The amount of loot – bags upon bags upon bags filled with smaller bags filled with crap to salvage. Sometimes i open my bags after a couple of events and look at it like my apartment the morning after a party.

(edited by Petrol.9086)

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I like a great many things about gw2.. but not these (in no particular order):

1. The combat slowdown. I know the reasons why, but it still bugs me.

2. Skills not firing on a target in action camera mode unless you’re looking at them, even if you have them targeted.

3. The latency in Australia.

4. Auto-targeting of neutral critters.

5. Currencies taking up inventory space instead of being in the wallet.

6. Having to shell out to web browser to see event timers, guild missions or browse the wiki for some information. Surely there could be some simple web browser in-game that could at least display the wiki.

7. When the “New Event Nearby” message pops up and there’s no indicator on the map of where the event is.

8. The various UI popups that appear unexpectedly and take mouse control away, causing you to spin around uselessly in the middle of a fight.

9. The ESL/PVP ads in the top-right corner that you can’t get rid of.

10. The lack of ‘Consume All’ options on all bulk consumables.

11. The guild treasurer being unable to look in my bank/mat storage.

12. Being forced to join an order…. and permanently at that.

13. The pointless/wasted deaths of mentors.

14. NPCs with repetitive inane dialogue. You know the ones.

15. Invisible walls.

16. Destiny’s Edge, those soap-opera drama queens.

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

1) Heart of Thorns
2) Elite specs
3) Desert Borderlands
4) Guild Hall grind
5) Ascended crafting time gating
6) NDA
7) Devs never showing themselves in WvW
8) Being lied to about WvW development being #1 priority after HoT release.
9) Adopt-a-Dev being one & done
10) Critical bugs and exploits in WvW being ignored week after week
11) Server populations dropping
12) Running out of kittens

Edit:
13) No Autoloot in WvW

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

Posted by: Barzhal.2640

Barzhal.2640

1. The amount of bugs that came with HoT and the time it took to fix some of them.
2. The PvP meta
3. The PvP match making for people who solo queue
4. The new WvW borderlands
5. The ridiculous prices of guild hall upgrades, scribing, and other new things
6. The way raid content has divided me from many of my in-game friends. I personally like the raid content, but many of my friends did not for various reasons. I would like to have seen tiered raid difficulty with corresponding rewards.
7. Lack of “interesting” open world content with good replay value. Adding tons of collections does not keep my interest.
8. The lack of hope for the quality of future content. Much of what was introduced in HoT, in my opinion, changed the direction of GW2 for the worse. It digressed from the core content that I enjoyed. While I can’t speak for other people, I haven’t met many people that disagree with this view.

Posted by: NotOverlyCheesy.9427

NotOverlyCheesy.9427

Scribing makes me sad. There is so much missed potential here that it hurts. They may have thought of it as the sink to rule them all but if your players don’t use the features due to insane prices, you might as well not have it. If they really want people to start to use this sink they should lower the recipe costs so more people would be motivated to try it out. The prices are elastic so to speak if we want to use economic’s terms.

Posted by: Spydominator.3845

Spydominator.3845

What I don’t like……RAIDS. What I liked about this game is how you didn’t depend so much on parties to kill bosses, instead you could work together with a large part of the players on the server and complete it. Now with the addition of raids people are excluded as much as possible from parties. Oh and just finding or creating a party for one is a pain. You cannot even use the LFG tool to find a raid party because LFG searches for parties and not squads like you need for raids. Lets not mention just being accepted in the squad at all because the requirements for joining are exaggerated. I didn’t want raids to be anything like WoW where you need specific roles for everything and to be skilled. Anet constantly bragged about how each character can be played however you wanted, how you can look after your own character and not require a healer when doing group content. Where is that now? All of a sudden people are obliged to change their builds, gear and play style just to be accepted on a raid. At least in WoW you could find a raid a lot easier. I have no raid experience to be honest, I’ve only attempted to kill the Vale Guardian 6 times in the first day of release, later on most people lost interest in the raids and the ones still interested in doing them are the try hards that want you to be skilled and play a specific role. How can I learn how to do those raids if I’m excluded from the start? Is this the direction the game is going towards?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

You ask a games forum to post what they don’t like? Forums as a general concept hate everything. Change flips some people out.

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

When I read that we could choose what Fractals we want, I knew it was a bad idea, because people just choose swamp over and over. I don’t know about others, but I’m not that type of gamer. Fractals appealed to me before because maps were randomized.

WvW, I really wanted a new map… but not bigger ones that are confusing to navigate through.

More bags. Do we really need 20 different types of bags? Please nerf bag types, not dungeons.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

One more reasonable, though-out critique like that and you’re going to lose your white knight licence, buddy. Watch it.

I’ve always said I didn’t like ascended armor. I’ve always had my issues. I just don’t believe in hyperbole and I don’t believe that my likes are the only thing game design should be based on.

You can see why devs make certain decisions while not personally liking them.

Posted by: Mandalore.8906

Mandalore.8906

Allmost all classes die to fast, unless you specifically specc for tankiness, which most likely costs you damage, which still ends with you dead because you didn’t kill the mob fast enough. Basically, all classes feel weak.

And then there’s my biggest gripe with the game: there is no character progression. You get ascended, you’re done. You never become stronger. But for some reason, the average gw2 player has a strange aversion to anything resembling a traditional (and working) mmo system.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

I don’t like timed map events.

Tired of manually disposing of 2s worth of sigils taking up over 10 bag slots

Kind of tired of junk items in general, actually. Too many different types and tiers of garbage. What am I, a hobo?

Targeting is a bit wonky.

Having to exit the lab to change fractal level.

Limited sources of transmutation charges in-game.

/QQ

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Things and changes I don’t like:

• When they made warrior adrenaline deplete super fast out of combat
  • Siege blueprints going into your inventory instead of being able to drop them for other people on the ground
  • Desert(ed) Boredomlands WvW map aka new WvW map is terribad beyond words
  • Toypocalypse without actual party member friends
  • Being dry of content/festivals for ages
  • Soon-to-be-nerf to alacrity for mesmers
  • Pulling the plug on Dungeons
  • Total removal of SAB
  • That one annoying Golem Event in WvW
  • Lack of armor skins with HoT expansion
  • Lack of armor skins in general; too many Outfits
  • Plethora of gem store items that would’ve been more appealing if they were rewards for completing content in-game
  • No 500 Jeweler/Chef with HoT expansion or any word about it
  • Certain ascended trinkets only available via Living Story
  • Ascended Infusions costly as ever
  • Immense PvE gimmicks in WvW post HoT
  • Guild Halls locking out smaller guilds; insane gold sink + grind & re-packaging old ALREADY ACQUIRED content and locking them behind guild halls (+5 supply)
  • When I see someone somewhere out there has actually put down a buy order of 8k+ gold for “Chak Egg Sac” srsly?
  • When I see someone somewhere out there has actually listed a 20+ Agony Infusion on the TP for 9.9k+ gold… how much did it even cost to LIST that? WHO WOULD BUY THAT. WTFFFfffff…
  • No How to Dance Vol. 2
  • Adventures with leaderboards yet some you can’t even get Gold in so what’s the point of leaderboards if you can’t even reach Gold
  • Overall feeling of minimal content with HoT expansion (1 mere raid wing; no legendary armor up front or preview, only 3 new legendary weapons)
  • Nerf to condition duration foods yet introduction of condition duration armor pieces… shady
  • No dedicated raid section in LFG
  • Warrior elite spec sucks except for yolo gunflame build
  • Pirate Ship meta and the disturbing power creep in general to certain skills/classes/traits
  • No proper balance patches in a while
  • No mini gray cat. I want a mini gray cat like those fat NPC ones you see in towns.
  • Removal of WvW & PvP Glory Boosters
  • Removal of Karma Boosters for those who changed their boosters to “Enchanted Booster” as they got ripped off big time
  • The amount of trash “loot” bags of greens/blues/sigils/junk and other crap INSIDE more bags locked behind an account bound chest but once you acquire it it’s probably soul bound etc etc.
  • When Proofs of Heroics became soul bound

TLDR: A lot of things/changes I don’t like in general.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

-How much more powerful Elite specs are compared to the standard specializations.
-The PVP Matchmaking algorithm, it’s broken and doesn’t work at all
-Targeting system failures:
giving priority to invulnerable foes if they are the boss and they are surrounded by their minions or not selecting mobs if a small part of them is hidden by a rock
-World Bosses being “loot on a timer”, such massive and majestic bosses are really lacking in actual power and challenge
-SW chest farm still exist, spam 1 (or F) is NOT content
-Massive gold sinks/grinding introduced after the first Queen’s Jubilee and became even worse with HoT, requiring 10k wintersday drinks is the finest example of content done wrong. After QJ the value of the gold coin has dropped a LOT
-Balancing new crafting recipes based on current TP price instead of supply and demand. It’s good that they want to increase the value of certain materials, but it needs to happen over time and naturally, by adding such insane costs the prices skyrocket. Things like Silk and now what they’ve done with gem stones is a prime example of this bad tactic
-Story of HoT seems rushed and way too short
-Profession imbalance on all game modes
-New gear stat combinations completely overshadowing old ones, making them mandatory for certain builds (for exampe Viper stats for condition builds)
-Reclaimed weapons way too rare
-The new WvW map… way too big and complex, hard to navigate, hard to play on it
-Guild Halls being super expensive for so little gain, also too much time gating
-Everything about Scribe
-RIP dungeons
-No love for activities since forever, they’ve been bugged since HoT release and nothing
-Certain adventures being insanely hard, one of them is even impossible to finish, others show how lucky you are instead of how good you are. Some adventure leaderboards are worthless
-Repair, relog, join group options for story instances. I know there is only one that actually needs it (Challenge mode Hearts and Minds) but it clearly shows how outdated story instances are. DCs can ruin them completely
-Skip cutscenes button. Some are nice, but after seeing them for the 10th time it gets boring
-Still playing taxi wars… big communities cannot play together, they rely on luck and loads of taxiing to get on the same map. Map design doesn’t help on Tangled Depths, the meta should begin AFTER the boss timer ended. Add some extra events to do in-between Gerent failure/success and the re-start of the meta
-LFG tool needs a massive facelift. It’s outdated and a mess
-Achievements that rely on failure should go. NOW. It’s not only precursor collection achievements that are doing this, but there is also the Chak Gerent ones, you mustn’t kill him during phase 1 or phase 2 because you won’t get the lane success achievement, you must fight him on phase 3 to get it, which is beyond dumb

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Loot bags in Loot bags in Loot bags that contain Junk

Only class i like to play as is an Ele but the tempest was really underwhelming. Same goes to the Balance patches.

NPE

Proof of Heroics being soulbound.

WvW needing a bit of Dev attention.

Only a few i can think of but i don’t play as often as i used too, i check Dulfy for updates and see if anything of interest pops up

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

This forum being almost totally ignored by Devs. A sarcastic person might think they’re all too busy thinking up new ways to cash grab or maybe updating their C.V.s and posting on employment websites.

Oh, I have a good cash grab idea. Introduce gliding to the core game and alter important content so you need to glide to be able to play. Then lock out gliding for anyone who doesn’t buy HoT.

Or release an unfinished expansion and tell us the additional content will follow later. Then change track and look for ways to sell us that content instead. Smaller mini expansions or new time limited Living Story content will be good for that (if you miss the time limit then you need to buy the LS regardless of already owning HoT).

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

The excessive clicking in a game anno 2016 is really a thing i dislike. And about the changes coming with hot: Auto upgrades in wvw – banners/airships and all other gimmicks that makes it even more unbalanced, lack of easy to fix bugs like walls ( they tried like 5 times but with no success at all).

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

Things and changes you don’t like

Current topic

Shared Inventory slot.

The community wanted a global shared bag for years and now they release it…. for gems… and not even that, they charge you 700 gems ~ 10€

10 Euros for ONE slot is way too overprized.

Imagine if I would buy all 5 slots that would be the prize of hot, that means 5 inventory slots are as much worth as a whole freakin expansion?

Way to overprized, way to greedy.

But the way anet goes with gemshop was kinda obvious after the first year of their “release” of GW2.

Sad :/

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

Things/changes I don’t like:

1. SAB gone for too long time
2. LS season 1 not replayable
3. HoT story’s end unfinished + Eir died (SPOILER!)
4. Lack of new armor sets in HoT
5. Dungeons died (pls, bring them back!)
6. Visual nerfs

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’m really hating how the meta events are required to progress an area. Nothing is random, but set in stone. And despite popular belief, yes, zone are empty now that the new has worn off.

Chasing fuller maps is not fun.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

All Thief nerfs.

Lack of Love for Pistols/Shortbow.

Ascended armor inflation making it impossible to get a 2nd set, causing build swapping to be a pain in the taint.

HoT story being short and rushed with no LS.

Man-skirt armor, coats and dresses. The amount of new armor is saddening and it’s all same old thing.

Armor not scaling to body/race types.

Outfits banning wardrobe helm skins.

Male sexism.

Missing Legendary weapons.

Crafting Mat grind at end of Legendary Collections.

Grind in general.

Treasure Mushroom carrot on stick grind with unreachable carrot.

Excessive amount of Dailys.

Dungeons RIP

Having to click 9000 bags per hour (bph) and other items that require human hand and mouse sacrifices

Bunker Wars.

Capture The Point PvP.

WvW neglect.

Devs that keep everything Top Secret.

The fact that there’s more I can list.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

I would have a huge list of things but what it really comes down to me recently is:

- Butchered lore or narrative in game for the sake of rushing content out the door.

- Half of the daily system turned into a pseudo-mobile game equivalent of log in once a day system without practically doing nothing. While the other part is almost interesting enough to want me to put on a broken record of Kenny G’s latest smooth jazz album. Frozen Maw for 20th time, out of one month anyone?

- Spread out broken content throughout the game, because it can’t be managed properly. As it piles on the figurative table that is about to break over long bouts of procrastination. All the while we get more ludicrous PR spin about that table, without getting one decent honest answer about the existing issue. Unless we become an angry mob then they throw table scraps us to make us happy.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Dry Top
Convoluted map structures (which includes Dry Top)
Static map event timers (which includes Dry Top)

E-Sports
Verticallity

Attachments:

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I’ve always said I didn’t like ascended armor. I’ve always had my issues. I just don’t believe in hyperbole and I don’t believe that my likes are the only thing game design should be based on.

You can see why devs make certain decisions while not personally liking them.

Don’t mind me, Vayne. It was just a little joke about white knighting. I should have put a winking emote on it or something. Have a good day.