TP to friend.

TP to friend.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: xBrutalityx.3507

xBrutalityx.3507

Hi, not sure how often this has been brought up. I think it would be awesome to be able to purchase teleport to friend from the gem store. I am surprised it’s not even in there, I would think it’s pretty similar to a revive orb or transmutation charge. I would personally buy these things pretty often if possible.

TP to friend.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

While you wait for the suggestion to be implemented, you get them pretty darn often from Black Lion Chests.

Good luck.

TP to friend.

Posted by: xBrutalityx.3507

xBrutalityx.3507

not that often, I’ve purchased hundreds of keys and haven’t got that many.

TP to friend.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

I’ve got over 100 of them, and hardly use them. I wish I could give them away, honestly.

still, would be good for those who do use them to have them in the gem store. I don’t really understand why they weren’t put there when they first got put in the game.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

TP to friend.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

They are probably intended as an exclusive loyalty reward, making BL keys more interesting to some.

People like the idea that there’s some stuff that you can’t just get with a big wallet (whether RL or in-game) and others dislike the idea that most of the stuff we get from dedication to the game is available via multiple sources.

Should this particular item be exclusive? Perhaps not, but obviously anything that makes BL keys & Birthdays & AP chests more interesting is going to automatically be something that we want to acquire through other methods, too.

So for me, I’d rather it be this item, without any gameplay value at all (it’s a time saver only).

Or put another way, with what would you replace T2F with as an exclusive BL Key|Loyalty reward?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

TP to friend.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If you have any chars with 3rd or 4th year birthdays coming up you’ll get 5 from each for each char. If the pattern stays the same the 5th year will also have 5. That’s where I’ve gotten the majority of my TP2F.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

TP to friend.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

People like the idea that there’s some stuff that you can’t just get with a big wallet (whether RL or in-game) and others dislike the idea that most of the stuff we get from dedication to the game is available via multiple sources.

I guess it is true that a big wallet alone wouldn’t be enough since you would also have to be someone who is willing to pay ridiculous prices for things.

TP to friend.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I guess it is true that a big wallet alone wouldn’t be enough since you would also have to be someone who is willing to pay ridiculous prices for things.

If your wallet is big enough, then the definition of “ridiculous” changes. I know people who can’t afford to buy coffee, let alone pay 5 bucks for a blended drink at Starbucks and others who can’t seem to make it through the day without it. If people are willing to pay, it’s not ridiculous to them.

Regardless, that’s besides the point I was attempting to make — it can’t be a special reward if there are multiple ways to acquire it. And that’s sufficient reason that some things are exclusive to birthdays or to BL chests or to whatever.

TP to friend.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I do sometimes wish it was possible to sell them, or at least gift them to people. I’ve got 68 (from birthdays, not black lion chests) and I think I’ve used 2 since they came out.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

TP to friend.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I do sometimes wish it was possible to sell them, or at least gift them to people. I’ve got 68 (from birthdays, not black lion chests) and I think I’ve used 2 since they came out.

Here’s how I’ve used some of my excess (in case it gives you any ideas):

• Parking low-level toons at the Frostgorge JP. I get chance for doubloons + map rewards (since JPs still count as ‘events’).
  • Getting new toons to some annoying locations, e.g. Auric’s Balthazar HP — I used T2F to unlock the challenge if it’s safe (I don’t mind the fight, but the T2F is a lot faster).
  • Similarly, good for the harder-to-reach scavenger hunt spots (if there’s no handy mesmer or that’s not doable for other reasons).
  • Helping out a newbie — sometimes it’s just easier to T2F than navigate around to get to someone’s location. I wouldn’t do that if I had to buy these things, but since I have plenty, why not?
  • Getting a quick hit on a critical fight, e.g. to reach one of the Legendary bosses in Silverwastes or VB night boss. Sometimes getting in just 10 seconds faster is enough for the reward. (Again, only worth doing because I have so many ‘free’ T2F.)

TP to friend.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

If your wallet is big enough, then the definition of “ridiculous” changes. I know people who can’t afford to buy coffee, let alone pay 5 bucks for a blended drink at Starbucks and others who can’t seem to make it through the day without it. If people are willing to pay, it’s not ridiculous to them.

Regardless, that’s besides the point I was attempting to make — it can’t be a special reward if there are multiple ways to acquire it. And that’s sufficient reason that some things are exclusive to birthdays or to BL chests or to whatever.

Making anything obtainable from BL chest means it CAN be obtained by throwing money at it. Your post is its own counterargument which makes things very confusing.

TP to friend.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Making anything obtainable from BL chest means it CAN be obtained by throwing money at it. Your post is its own counterargument which makes things very confusing.

The point is that T2F are special in that they can’t be directly obtained. That makes BL chests more appealing for some. I’m sorry if that’s confusing.