"Tag" Members of Party

"Tag" Members of Party

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zushada.6108

Zushada.6108

I do believe this has been discussed in other threads but I would REALLY love to see us have the ability to “tag” other members of our party much like you can in squads.

Why? Because there are times we are running in WvW or even in Meta events with a large number of other players and we lose the new players we are trying to teach. Maps can be confusing for some players and, understanding that the name plates in parties are blue rather than green, new players can’t always decipher these things as they are focused on whatever the task is and can’t always see a colour change in names.

When I am on my Druid and want to use Ancestral Grace to quickly get to a downed player I would like the ability to quickly mark them so I know which direction to traverse. In addition, often when teaching new players dungeons and fractal mechanics, we will tell them to stick beside someone so they can follow that person’s movements. It makes things incredibly difficult to have to use the target mark on enemies and on players.

In my previous game we used inter-party marking tools all the time with great success and I can’t see a negative impact from giving parties the same tools as squads.

Thank you,

"Tag" Members of Party

Posted by: Doombringer BG.3740

Doombringer BG.3740

I like the idea, but instead of “tags”, probably colored names would be better, but that’s just my opinion.

"Tag" Members of Party

Zushada.6108

I like the idea, but instead of “tags”, probably colored names would be better, but that’s just my opinion.

I see what you are saying, the prob is that that you can’t see the specific groupmate you are trying to see. Not sure if I am explaining it right, but we used a light sabre or blaster icon to mark group-mates in SWTOR and it was super helpful.

"Tag" Members of Party

Doombringer BG.3740

So, from what I understand you want “tags” in parties? If so, then I must disagree.
Party → grouped up and able to chat; Apple Tag → same + leader tag; Commander Tag → same + more options.

If they add that to the party, then they must add it to the mentor, it makes Commander Tags less useful to buy and what not.

"Tag" Members of Party

Zushada.6108

So, from what I understand you want “tags” in parties? If so, then I must disagree.
Party -> grouped up and able to chat; Apple Tag -> same + leader tag; Commander Tag -> same + more options.

If they add that to the party, then they must add it to the mentor, it makes Commander Tags less useful to buy and what not.

I can respect that. I will filter my thoughts on how we “earn” Commander tags but this is something that should be accessible to parties. Whether through Mentor tag etc. I don’t care, but we need a more flexible way to tag ppl.

"Tag" Members of Party

Posted by: SmirkDog.3160

SmirkDog.3160

Well I mean when I’m in squads with a friend I like to run with them and stuff, but it can be super difficult to find where they are. We could still have tags that only we can see. Like I can mark my friend and only I see it. I don’t even know how commander tags even came into this.

"Tag" Members of Party

Zushada.6108

Well I mean when I’m in squads with a friend I like to run with them and stuff, but it can be super difficult to find where they are. We could still have tags that only we can see. Like I can mark my friend and only I see it. I don’t even know how commander tags even came into this.

This is is an excellent idea and one we have discussed in guild. I don’t always care for having a big icon on my head but understand why it’s there. I would be super happy if we could mark ppl privately for our own use.

It’s because Commanders have the ability to use marks on players and objects. I was using it as reference not as “replicate what ppl pay 300G for and do it for free.” I just see so many ppl get lost and struggle to follow another when they are unfamiliar with the maps. I just think its an accessibility issue more so than a luxury item.

"Tag" Members of Party

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Seriously, I avoid joining them just because doing so means that I completely lose track of my party and guildmates, the people that I play with all the time. So I can have someone asking for help on voicechat and have no idea where they are in the blue sea of nameplates unless I have echolocation on.

Its just.. too easy for squads to become am undistinguishable blob.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

"Tag" Members of Party

Doombringer BG.3740

If it’s for private use and can only be seen by 1 party member (the one doing the tagging) or only whole party, then I don’t see why not and I support the idea, unless someone comes up with ways that can interfere with other tags visible to everyone else.

Also, I’d like to add that they should make these, if they make this a thing, more unique and not just re-use the tags commanders use. Something more….distinguishable from everything else.

Off-topic: I like Hannelore.8153’s sign. “i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS”