Tag name

Tag name

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gruntsgt.5647

Gruntsgt.5647

I am someone you may consider young I am 15 and I didn’t really get to chose my tag name Gruntsgt because originally this was my grandfathers acount and I had two options ether to buy my own account or keep my grandfather’s account because he was quiting this happened about 4 years ago and I was given it far before my birthday which was about 4 months away and I didn’t want to wait it would be cool if I could somehow change my tag name from Gruntsgt to Senture or something because personaly I kinda really dislike being known as grunt sgt : /

Tag name

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Well I don’t think it will happen due to the TOS being broken.

Tag name

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You’d have to contact support to change anything like that, but since you’re using someone else’s account, they’d probably be less than willing to do anything (sharing accounts violates the ToS). Unfortunately, they don’t usually change account names except for situations where the name could reveal personal information (real name, for example) or for very particular situations.

Tag name

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

as others have said this would break the toss rules . . but if the grand parent is still alive maybe they could do this for you . so it would not break the toss rules. good luck

no new system upgrades coming

Tag name

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Only the owner of the account may request a display name change and it will only be changed if the display name gives away personal information or breaks ToS. Since this isn’t the case for you, you’ll have to stay with Gruntsgt

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Tag name

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Its not what you’re gonna be known as ingame. Character name always take priority since thats the first thing people see and you can change that with gemstore item.

Well either that or just wait a couple of years, join the army and become a sergeant.

Tag name

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

This is neither here nor there, but I can’t help but be impressed that your grandfather is a gamer. Props to him.

Hate is Fuel.