Take Away Our Town Cloths

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kobra X.6903

Kobra X.6903

Is anyone else feel really upset about this? I loved having that second look WITHOUT having to buy transmutation crystals. Thats why i BOUGHT them from the gem store in the fist place. Im really upset about this. Id really like my gems back, its not what i paid for.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

For refunds you have to contact support and discuss it with them. https://help.guildwars2.com/anonymous_requests/new

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I’m confused.

The outfits are now available, and can be swapped in anytime you want and on any character you want without transmutation charges. Every alt I make the first thing I do is set up one of those outfits. I’ll have my character style, then have half a dozen alternate outfits i can swap in at any time thanks to these things. I love it.

And If I’m not mistaken there is a merchant that will let you sell them back or something? not completely sure how that works but check next to the BLTC guys in rata sum there’s an armorsmith guy.

And for Town Clothes there is now a tonic you can get very cheaply that will put your basic town clothes on.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

You have until July 15th to request a refund. Here’s how to submit:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Customer-Support-and-the-Feature-Pack/first

Posted by: dodgycookies.4562

dodgycookies.4562

many instances they will give you your gems back and also allow you to keep the skin/tonic as well.

[ICoa] Blackgate

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Yep, I got a refund on my pirate costume because I find it unusable in the new system. I was very surprised when I got the gems back but still had the costume in my inventory, but I checked and they said I could do what I wanted it with – continue to use it or delete it or whatever.

I keep hoping they’ll fix it. At the very least re-add the keyboard shortcut so you don’t have to go through a bunch of menus every time you want to switch between your armor and an outfit.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Is anyone else feel really upset about this? I loved having that second look WITHOUT having to buy transmutation crystals. Thats why i BOUGHT them from the gem store in the fist place. Im really upset about this. Id really like my gems back, its not what i paid for.

Which town cloths do you mean? in anycase you dont need to use transmutation stones on any of them. Regular town cloths have now become endless tonics (you have to talk with a blacklion armor guy to convert them for you first)

outfits have now become super awesome in that you can actually use them on any character you own for free (not transmutation required)

then there were headgears like the phantom hood or whatever that thingy was called, it was a hood with red eyes shining in it. that once you talk to the black lion armor guy you get a 1 time use skin from it and if you want to apply it to other chars then yes I think you need to use transmutation but you do get 1 application free.

anyhow like its been said I do believe they did in fact offer refunds if you’re unhappy with the changes.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

……
I keep hoping they’ll fix it. At the very least re-add the keyboard shortcut so you don’t have to go through a bunch of menus every time you want to switch between your armor and an outfit.

THAT was your complaint about the change? Really?

One button and a checkbox is NOT that what I consider a bunch, but whatever….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

……

THAT was your complaint about the change? Really?

One button and a checkbox is NOT that what I consider a bunch, but whatever….

except if you left your heros tab on equipment, then you have to click equipment on the side, then wardrobe then hit the checkbox. Minor annoyance, but annoying none the less.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Ok…one more click. Still, I think this is the LEAST of the issues those that are upset about the Outfit changes in the Wardrobe system….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I did say at the very least, which means that is the bare minimum they could do to rectify some of the damage. I’m basing that on the fact that my limited understanding of programming suggests adding a keyboard shortcut for a function that’s already in the game is a lot easier than restoring the full functionality.

I’d love it if they would restore outfits to separate pieces so we can mix and match (and bring back the ones that got turned into tonics) and dye them separately. I only bought the pirate costume in the first place because I realised I could use the pieces I liked on different characters. I never liked the full set and never wanted to wear it all together.

But yes it is a pain having to open the hero panel, switch from the Equipment tab to the main menu and then to the wardrobe tab and then click the little check box every time I want to wear and outfit and then repeating the whole process when I want to change back. Especially when I was used to being able to do it with one key press.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”