Take care Guild Wars Community!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

With the recent changes and the direction the game is going, I think it’s time for me to bid you all a very fond farewell. Try not to complain too much without giving credible feedback and I hope they fix many of the things wrong with the feature pack that over killed me. I had some good memories these 2 years and I wish they could of lasted longer. Take care!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Take it easy. Have fun wherever you end up.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Come check out the game again in a few months. A lot of players are going to stay on top of the Dev’s hard until the game get’s back on track.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: kristof.7182

kristof.7182

Please, come back after content patch or expansion.

Posted by: Taterz.1706

Taterz.1706

With the recent changes and the direction the game is going, I think it’s time for me to bid you all a very fond farewell. Try not to complain too much without giving credible feedback and I hope they fix many of the things wrong with the feature pack that over killed me. I had some good memories these 2 years and I wish they could of lasted longer. Take care!

All the best, i’d keep an eye on the forum and patch notes. But i too will be leaving, Shame i regarded GW2 as the best MMO i’ve played.

Swisstony – Elementalist
I Swisstony ! – Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/swisstony239

Posted by: sweetmesquite.5024

sweetmesquite.5024

Good luck in your future endeavors! Can I have your stuff? ;D

Raenia—Elementalist
PUNCH STONEFIST—Warrior
Skera Veidhimadhr—Necromancer

Posted by: Taterz.1706

Taterz.1706

Good luck in your future endeavors! Can I have your stuff? ;D

If i like Archeage as much as i hope i will gladly give you my stuff.

Swisstony – Elementalist
I Swisstony ! – Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/swisstony239

Posted by: LionHeart.2804

LionHeart.2804

Good luck, might be joining ya.

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

I’ll take a break for a few months. See what they change.
Either that or I’ll wait for SAB.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: Thia.4891

Thia.4891

I have loved GW since Prophecy, and as much as it pains me to say I might be leaving too. I just can’t stand what they’ve done to the Personal Story. But I can’t even bring myself to log in until the story is repaired.

(Sigurdas MoonEyes and Ronja) (Myrin Crowneguarde) (Yarza Steelfang) (Luqq) (Nevnia)

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Good luck, hope wherever the gaming winds take you, you enjoy it, and if not, well, the game will still be here to come back to..

See ya around the tubes…

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I’m going to say goodbye to GW2 and the community as well.

Took months off from the game to see if it would turn around, if it would become fun and enjoyable again. Unfortunately it hasn’t. I’m not saying that its an awful game. There are people that still love it and I respect them for that. But I just can’t. It isn’t the game I was sold, it isn’t the game I thought it would be. I’ve been around through GW1 and here since Headstart… but I can no longer stand to “hold strong” or “just wait until the next patch”.

Please don’t ask for my stuff, goobers, as I logged in one last time to spread my wealth to my remaining friends and guild-members already.

Take care, everyone. Yes, even those of you on these forums that I may have butt heads with. Have fun!

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: LIVE.4875

LIVE.4875

Your right, I already dealt with crap devs before at War Z.

I’m not gonna get duped by another dev team with lies, empty promises, and nothing new but just revamped content.

Better get as many refunds as I can before I leave.

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Am now actively looking for an alternative to GW2. Sad, really.

Archeage is a question mark, ESO is abysmal, Wildstar I won’t touch…and I’ll never go back to WoW.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted by: Scruffy.8241

Scruffy.8241

Im trying TERA, but i dont have much to say about it yet, only been playing a day

ReV.6097

Is “The Secret World” any good?

Legacy of Kain:

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

Archeage is a question mark, ESO is abysmal, Wildstar I won’t touch…and I’ll never go back to WoW.

ArcheAge feels like Lineage 2 and Guild Wars 1 ( not yet dumbed down like GW2, billions of builds ), but I don’t think its fighting mechanics will be liked. Wouldn’t have hopes for it, tbh, nevertheless I’m trying it out when it comes out next week – just like anyone who plays MMOs I guess.
Otherwise, the biggest and most anticipated MMO in years is most likely Black Desert Online, but it’s going to be out next year. Plus, Bless looks just epic.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Posted by: LIVE.4875

LIVE.4875

Try going without an MMO for a while, I’m trying out the walking dead season 2
and maybe some Dota 2 or League.

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

Another veteran gone. You won Anet, you won!

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Because this seems like a very positive and good thread for kindly and politely leaving, I will also say, good day all. I hope you find the game for you. I’ll miss everyone here, but I’m also leaving. <3

No more Asura cuties, but I’ll leave you with one last one.

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Savez.4657

Savez.4657

@misterman
Archeage unluckly went p2w (more precisely it gives huge advantages to subbers, that in a f2p based game appeared like p2w to the most) in the final release (played all the Alpha ans was not like that, now without a patron pass the game will stress you in 10 mins due to lack of labor points), but if its not a problem for u to spend likely 15 euros per month (not mandatory, if u r smart and a good trader u can buy the pass with ingame golds, the system is simila to Rift if u ever tryed it).

About Eso and Wildstar u gave already your idea (mine is a bit invrted, i wuldnt touch ESO even if they pay me, Wildstar problems is that he wanted to be too much hardcore, it didnt fail in the principle, problem is that hardcore gamers that wish to spend 16+ hours a day only to be Raid-ready are not many…so the game is having hard time to survive due to lack of subs, but the niche it wanted to attract is happy raiding for what i know, just they cannot grant that game will survive…money incomes are too low)

Posted by: La Goanna.8142

La Goanna.8142

Yikes… all of these veterans leaving. Sure sign that the game is going to die now if they don’t release an announcement for an expansion soon.
Well, I can’t say I won’t be leaving just yet, but I’ll stick through and see how it goes with Living Story season 2 pt2, but other then that I’ll be playing significantly less. Maybe logging in several times a week to do laurels and a few dungeon runs for gold, but that’s it for now. I won’t be purchasing gems anymore until Anet improves the current patch and releases that expansion content we’ve been asking for either.
I wish the best for those that’re leaving, but remember to check the release notes or the patch notes once in a while to see if the game ever gets better.

(edited by La Goanna.8142)

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Take care guys, even tough I dont really know who you are. Maybe there will be several GW2 Exile Communities in other, better games. After Anet finished sinking their own ship we might see those who are leaving there.
Anyway Im wishing you the best luck for your future games and may the RNG god be with you there.

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

If there’s no expansion by Christmas, I will be gone permanently as well.

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

I’m not leaving yet but it’s getting harder and harder for me to justify buying gems. A few more bad decisions from Anet and I will disappear.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

Maybe it’s because I don’t kitten around with alts or leveling too much, but I really don’t understand what all the kitten is about. Somebody do me a solid and direct me to a relevant thread detailing why there is such a river of tears today.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

Lilith Ajit.6173

Maybe it’s because I don’t kitten around with alts or leveling too much, but I really don’t understand what all the kitten is about. Somebody do me a solid and direct me to a relevant thread detailing why there is such a river of tears today.

Everyone has their reasons. it depends on what they like in game.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-owner-sometimes-required/first#post4390962

Is my reason. For others, its the leveling system, for others, who knows?

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

There’s Guild Wars. Supposedly its development is halted (I hate the fact that this is actually a selling point now) but its servers are still going.

Posted by: Stiofan.6720

Stiofan.6720

I haven’t tried it but I heard its kind of like a modern day guild wars 1 where you have lots of skills and you choose what ones you want on your skill bar, I think I might give it a try see what its like.

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Goodbye all to those that are leaving. I’ve never played with you guys but I am pretty sure you guys contributed into making gw2 the best MMORPG in the world until Anet decided to botch it.
Take good care and comeback once in a while. I won’t be joining you guys soon but of course future is uncertain ;(

Tour

Savez.4657

I’ll leave too for now. Not really leaving, taking another break…i’m a masochist obviosuly, cause i still have hope…or maybe i cant forget about the times i had tears for the laughing while having comments/rpying with charrs (happy to see im not the only Asura lover here^^) or the early release community Always ready to Group up and help each other. I know i didnt post much here, and the few times i did prolly the attitude was not the right one…it was just due to the delusion and harrassment i had to handle ingame..but well…this is not the place to speak of this…good luck every1!

(edited by Savez.4657)

Corpus Christi.2057

Goodbye all to those that are leaving. I’ve never played with you guys but I am pretty sure you guys contributed into making gw2 the best MMORPG in the world until Anet decided to botch it.
Take good care and comeback once in a while. I won’t be joining you guys soon but of course future is uncertain ;(

Well, it’s definitely behind Lineage, Lineage 2, Guild Wars and WoW ( all of them at their very beginnings ). But yeah, it was one of the better ones I played in a long time.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

If there’s no expansion by Christmas, I will be gone permanently as well.

What do I think of the new patch?

/uninstalled

I thought you quit already.

The Burninator

Posted by: gryph.8734

gryph.8734

To all those leaving: Don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Posted by: Illuminati.2431

Illuminati.2431

Wow, a nice thread for players to announce their leaving. No trollers or flamers:) I like this.
Now I’m also gonna say goodbye:) Left the game a couple of months ago(logging in to see the daily challenges, doing 1 or 2 and then leave because I can’t force myself to do it isn’t what I call playing the game), but I was still active on the forums. So now I’m also gonna say goodbye to that. I will go on these forums once a month or so to see if anything has happened that I like, but that will be it:)
I wish all the players that still love to play this a game happy gaming hours! I had a blast for 1.5 years, I hope you will too, and maybe longer:)

And for the players asking for alternative MMO’s: I started FF14 2 months ago and I absolutely love it. The patch that comes out in 2 weeks introduces personal housing, and around nov we will get a new class. So if you are searching for alternatives MMO’s, that would be my recommendation:) Do with it as you please^^

Goodbye:)

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

At the rist of derailing the thread (and risking a closing since it’s no longer about GW2), I’d say The Secret World is GREAT, but also very different from GW2.

My experience is from back when I was playing (before GW2 release and sporadically afterwards). If you like good stories, the the storyline and the delivery are EXCELLENT, I’d say it’s one of the best MMOs out there when it comes to storyline, lots of memorable characters.

On the other hand, if you’re looking for lots of group content, and specially open world group content, look elsewhere. The game is very athmospheric, and actually works better when there are fewer people running around. Some quests are easier with groups, but also most of quest lines have solo instances so you won’t be able to complete them from beggining to end with a group. Each area has a 5 man dungeon but chances are you’ll outlevel (your character doesn’t have levels, but your gear does) them long before you manage to find a group to do them, but you can do them at level cap in a harder mode anyway, which is what most people do. Dungeons are great and usually short, most boss fights have interesting mechanics (it’s a trinity based game), and there’s very little trash to fight, so usually you go almost straight from boss to boss.

My favorite thing about TSW is the investigation quests, but they’re not for everyone. Basically they’re quests where you have to think more than you have to fight. BTW, if you believe that the game should give you all the information to complete the quests, look elsewhere, as you will have to frequently look for outside sources to complete them, and asking for solutions in open chat is generally frowned upon the community, as it would accidentally spoil the answer to someone that is trying to do them on their own (asking for the answer to be whispered or in private chat is ok, though).

Some examples of that, at one point in egypt you get an item relate to some biblical events, but the names used to activate the item are in ancient hebrew, so you have to find out somewhere how those were written to use the item, at another point (this one is early in the game) you spy on a communication sent to someone that might be an undercover agent for a rival organization, the comnunication is a series of beeps (turns out it’s morse code) which you need to manually transcribe and decode, another one you’re looking for information related to a specific (fictional) celebrity in the area, you find another character that has a fansite that might have that information… and the website URL you’re given is a real website (created by funcom, of course) where you can dig around to find the information.

Biggest problem, however, is replayability. Any character can eventually get enough points to basically have any build, so there’s really little incentive to create alts. The story is great, but once you’ve gone trough it, even if you do chose another organization, changes very little on a second playtrough. End game consists basically on the same 8 dungeons in hard mode, then again in nightmare mode and (as of last time I played) 1 short raid with a single boss. The story continues on more chapters, including new areas as well, but you have to buy them. Still, I’d recommend it at least for one playtrough.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Personally, I’m looking at my Steam catalogue while I wait to see what they’re doing next.

I have a lot of games there that I bought in various sales and hardly ever played (or even installed quite often). Might take a break from MMOs for a while.

Lilith Ajit.6173

At the rist of derailing the thread (and risking a closing since it’s no longer about GW2), I’d say The Secret World is GREAT, but also very different from GW2.

My experience is from back when I was playing (before GW2 release and sporadically afterwards). If you like good stories, the the storyline and the delivery are EXCELLENT, I’d say it’s one of the best MMOs out there when it comes to storyline, lots of memorable characters.

On the other hand, if you’re looking for lots of group content, and specially open world group content, look elsewhere. The game is very athmospheric, and actually works better when there are fewer people running around. Some quests are easier with groups, but also most of quest lines have solo instances so you won’t be able to complete them from beggining to end with a group. Each area has a 5 man dungeon but chances are you’ll outlevel (your character doesn’t have levels, but your gear does) them long before you manage to find a group to do them, but you can do them at level cap in a harder mode anyway, which is what most people do. Dungeons are great and usually short, most boss fights have interesting mechanics (it’s a trinity based game), and there’s very little trash to fight, so usually you go almost straight from boss to boss.

My favorite thing about TSW is the investigation quests, but they’re not for everyone. Basically they’re quests where you have to think more than you have to fight. BTW, if you believe that the game should give you all the information to complete the quests, look elsewhere, as you will have to frequently look for outside sources to complete them, and asking for solutions in open chat is generally frowned upon the community, as it would accidentally spoil the answer to someone that is trying to do them on their own (asking for the answer to be whispered or in private chat is ok, though).

Some examples of that, at one point in egypt you get an item relate to some biblical events, but the names used to activate the item are in ancient hebrew, so you have to find out somewhere how those were written to use the item, at another point (this one is early in the game) you spy on a communication sent to someone that might be an undercover agent for a rival organization, the comnunication is a series of beeps (turns out it’s morse code) which you need to manually transcribe and decode, another one you’re looking for information related to a specific (fictional) celebrity in the area, you find another character that has a fansite that might have that information… and the website URL you’re given is a real website (created by funcom, of course) where you can dig around to find the information.

Biggest problem, however, is replayability. Any character can eventually get enough points to basically have any build, so there’s really little incentive to create alts. The story is great, but once you’ve gone trough it, even if you do chose another organization, changes very little on a second playtrough. End game consists basically on the same 8 dungeons in hard mode, then again in nightmare mode and (as of last time I played) 1 short raid with a single boss. The story continues on more chapters, including new areas as well, but you have to buy them. Still, I’d recommend it at least for one playtrough.

Just as a tip ^^ putting info like this in spoiler tags (even if not a spoiler) can be a good way to prevent the derailing of a thread and moderation intervention.

Since so many of my gw2 friends are playing d3 I’m moving onto that for a while.

[ARES]

(edited by Lilith Ajit.6173)

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

Take care guys…this veteran might be joining you soon. I’m not too sure how much more I can take of this game.

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Good attitude. Empty mega server eventually must be your cup of tea.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Corpus Christi.2057

Wow, a nice thread for players to announce their leaving. No trollers or flamers:) I like this.
Now I’m also gonna say goodbye:) Left the game a couple of months ago(logging in to see the daily challenges, doing 1 or 2 and then leave because I can’t force myself to do it isn’t what I call playing the game), but I was still active on the forums. So now I’m also gonna say goodbye to that. I will go on these forums once a month or so to see if anything has happened that I like, but that will be it:)
I wish all the players that still love to play this a game happy gaming hours! I had a blast for 1.5 years, I hope you will too, and maybe longer:)

And for the players asking for alternative MMO’s: I started FF14 2 months ago and I absolutely love it. The patch that comes out in 2 weeks introduces personal housing, and around nov we will get a new class. So if you are searching for alternatives MMO’s, that would be my recommendation:) Do with it as you please^^

Goodbye:)

I’m in the same shoes. Haven’t played it in months, I’ve recently logged in only to see what changed but that’s it. I do read the forums, though.

I wish I had more time to play other games, I may try ArcheAge, I’ll definitely try FF14 if you recommend it, but kitten , I’m starting my Master of Laws course in 2 weeks time – goodbye social ( & gaming ) life.:P

I’ll see you somewhere else sometime in the future I guess, Ill! Farewell!

ReV.6097

The ending of season 2 is a kittene to choose between. But all the endings pretty much lead together. I wouldn’t have assumed that Kenny was that, ideal to be with, until I saw what I did. At the moment, I’m starting season 2 on Vita. Just finished season 1 on PS3 and the game was awesome.

Legacy of Kain:

ReV.6097

I started FF14 2 months ago and I absolutely love it.

My cousin just started it a few months ago, and has gone there full time, with a few of our guildies.
I really liked the look of the game, but I have trouble keeping myself from getting bored with all the npc quests. I know that’s only temporary, and shouldn’t be a distraction from the rest of the game. I got the disc version on PS3 to try at some point anyway.
Have fun

Legacy of Kain:

Posted by: Stiofan.6720

Stiofan.6720

I stopped playing gw2 about 3 months ago, I started playing league of legends about 2 months ago, its really fun when you get into it, I suggest you play co-op until lvl 20 then pvp, its very addictive. I did try dota 2 the graphics are amazing by far the best of any moba, but the mechanics are a bit tricky to get used to. I’m gonna stick with LoL until I get bored then probably move to dota2. As for mmo’s there isn’t any out there at the moment that interest me tried quite a few, Bless and black desert do look interesting though.

Savez.4657

The ending of season 2 is a kittene to choose between. But all the endings pretty much lead together. I wouldn’t have assumed that Kenny was that, ideal to be with, until I saw what I did. At the moment, I’m starting season 2 on Vita. Just finished season 1 on PS3 and the game was awesome.

Same here, its a said year for mmos and pc-gaming in general but out there there are unexpected little single player jewels (your is walking dead or Dota, mine is Divinity: Original Sin…seems we need to return to simple and well done things :-D)

ReV.6097

The negatives are of little consequence, and the rest sounds awesome.
Not everything is about fighting, , so I can deal with investigation part.
A little role play here and there is fun, so, thanks for the info

Legacy of Kain:

Posted by: gryph.8734

gryph.8734

Good attitude. Empty mega server eventually must be your cup of tea.

I’d be concerned if I really thought that was going to happen. As I don’t think that’s the road GW2 is going on, anyone who wishes to leave is more than welcome to do so as far as I’m concerned. I will not be leaving for the foreseeable future and I will NEVER leave GW2 for a pay-to-win or monthly subscription game. As always, YMMV.

Posted by: Illuminati.2431

Illuminati.2431

I started FF14 2 months ago and I absolutely love it.

My cousin just started it a few months ago, and has gone there full time, with a few of our guildies.
I really liked the look of the game, but I have trouble keeping myself from getting bored with all the npc quests. I know that’s only temporary, and shouldn’t be a distraction from the rest of the game. I got the disc version on PS3 to try at some point anyway.
Have fun

I am max level(minimum item level though, hit lvl 50 yesterday) and I have done that with almost no regular npc quests:) Main story line quests is a single player game on its own IMO, and if you folow that you’ll get nice xp, since there is about 3-4 quests per level. Almost every 4 levels introduces a new dungeon, which give’s nice XP too. Your class hunting log and your Grand Company hunting log gives nice XP too. I think I did about 4 or 5 regular npc quests. I save the rest for when I’ll level up any of the other classes on this char so I can start playing around with playstyles:) But atm im training my mount and obtaining gear for him. He’s my hybrid healer/dps:)

(edited by Illuminati.2431)

Posted by: JarrodJames.6845

JarrodJames.6845

Minecraft is always fun…unless MS muffs it up….. really hope Mojang rejects the offer but 2B is 2B lol

ReV.6097

Minecraft is always fun…unless MS muffs it up….. really hope Mojang rejects the offer but 2B is 2B lol

I’d hope that MC doesn’t get taken over by MS. Bought the PS3 version hoping to get the Doctor Who DLC and other DLC stuff, but a good chunk of it is restricted to Xbox <.<
So back to PC modding.

Legacy of Kain: