Taking a Break from GW2

Taking a Break from GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mitern.1563

Mitern.1563

I am leaving after a little over 5 months of playing and had a great time.

At first I was overwhelmed by many things and did not have a clear direction. The graphics and movement were awesome and once I had decided to do the stories (in order), I had a blast. I mapped Tyria 100%, finished all of the stories as a human and had gotten pretty good at jumping puzzles. I went after different achievements and was really happy when I finished some of them like Lion’s Arch Exterminator, the diving achievement and several others. I have two characters at level 80 (a Chrono and a Reaper) and used my Level 80 boost on an Engineer when I thought (from reading the forums) that farming in Lake Doric was allowed and was going to be a long term option.

Then I hit a wall. I don’t PvP or WvW and only dabbled in Fractals a few times. So I decided to work on Legendary Gear. Ugh, not as easy as I thought. Someone recommended trying to get Ascended Gear. I really wanted the cool looking stuff but was asked several times (in parties) if I had Viper Gear, so I settled on trying for Ascended. It was a tedious grind and I became frustrated.

I had bought two HoT at Walmart for $15 each, so I decided on a fresh start. One of each race; Asura Necro, Charr Warrior, Norn Ranger, and a Sylvari Mesmer (or Elementalist, I hadn’t decided). My last slot was for my Human Key Farmer of any profession. I had fun reading the new/old stories but then I hit the Ascended Gear wall again. I found out that my Human account could help a little with Ascended Gear but there were some things that just needed to be farmed.

In conclusion, I love Guild Wars 2 and spent quite a bit of money in the Gem Store but for now, I put it aside to try another MMO with no PvP or WvW that can be played on my computer and phone. The graphics aren’t as good as GW2 but the community is great and it’s F2P. Will I be back? Probably, I am really into the Living World stories. Did I get my money’s worth? Heck yeah!

Why did I write this? So that new players, reading the forums, have an example of what I, a new and not good player experienced.

(edited by Mitern.1563)

Taking a Break from GW2

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Will I be back? Probably, I am really into the Living World stories.

The last episode is only about 2 weeks away, which will also likely reveal the next expansion.

Taking a Break from GW2

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Ascended gear “a tedious grind”.

Yep, GW2 was founded upon the principle of not having grinds for item level or power. That lasted around 6 months until the Lost Souls (sic) patch. So much of GW2 is now tedious grinds for power, what they called “preparing” to have fun. But, glad you feel you got your money’s worth. I wish you well in your gaming!