Taking away my invested time.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

When the fractal update launched you resetted my levels on 4 characters saying it was for the leaderboards? Well where are they now? You took away all my progression for absolutely no reason at all. I stopped playing fractals because of this.

Soon you are taking away my glory boosters I got from black lion chests (which were mostly bought with real money at that time) + doing my dailies & monthlies for a year. We asked for compensation but got told off, why would I keep playing sPvP now since you deleted my invested time once again? Let me answer the obvious before someone asks, I was saving them incase we ever get a new gamemode that I do enjoy, for example capture the flag.

What’s next? You take away my legendaries because you want a new leaderboard for it? Yes I know how ridiculous this sounds but the deleting of progression is something I’ve never encountered before in any MMO for a good reason. It’s pretty much taking a dump on my invested time into your product.

This isn’t a matter of a few hours, this is a matter of hundreds of hours that I’ve invested and you are taking it away like it’s nothing at all, every single time again.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I will not comment on fractals or legendaries, but when for the PvP part:

They are not taking anything away from you. They are updating a system they aren’t satisfied with.
Glory has NOTHING to do with PvP, it is merely a currency. You don’t gain anything by having more glory.
Just like you don’t gain anything in PvE by looting more gold.

Since December 2013 you have had the opportunity to use your glory on things that you couldn’t do before. You can:

1. Level up.
2. Buy almost any kind of gear without having to be a specific rank – without RNG crafting.
3. Buy any kind of bag without having to be a specific rank.
4. Buy custom arena kits.

They have not taken anything away from you. What they have done is telling you that the resources you have gathered are outdated, and that you now have the ability to use it on things that are worth way more than previously.

In essence they have made glory way more useful, but put a timer on it.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

(edited by Naus the Gobbo.5172)

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

For the pvp boosters, it’s unfortunate to me because they took up a slot in the black lion chests, so because I got these rewards I will never use and will be essentially removed from the game, those 110 boosters I have are 110 rewards I didn’t get because they were in the chests.

For the fractal reset, I’m still upset about it, so yeah, idk.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you have Glory Boosters that were obtained with gems, you can contact CS for a refund. So, not really ‘told off’ about compensation.

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

OP you only really lost progress on a single character, since you only have to get a single character to 50, because Fractal levels are now account bound. If you’re running Fractals anyway, it seems a very small setback, one that would take a couple of weeks to get back to (during which time you’d actually be doing new content).

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

They have not taken anything away from you. What they have done is telling you that the resources you have gathered are outdated, and that you now have the ability to use it on things that are worth way more than previously.

Yeah…guys. Gold/silver/copper is outdated now. We decided to use platinum now. So yeah. Buy as many salvage kits as possible before its to late!

Sounds legit. They should make it with every possible item in game. Then farmers would be so happy to have new items to farm. This game is about grind. Right?

(edited by Sergoros.4398)

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Yeah…guys. Gold/silver/copper is outdated now. We decided to use platinum now. So yeah. Buy as many salvage kits as possible before its to late!

Sounds legit. They should make it with every possible item in game. Then farmers would be so happy to have new items to farm. This game is about grind. Right?

Don’t twist what I said.

The old glory system was absolutely terrible. It was built entirely on RNG crafting with no feeling of progress.

People have been farming glory for over a year because they were hoping it would be worth something some day.
That time has been here for four months now.

Perhaps you aren’t satisfied with these changes, but as of right now glory is more useful than ever. If that is a problem to you, then I don’t think you were interested in seeing that part of the game improve anyway, and just want to complain.

Sergoros.4398

Don’t twist what I said.

The old glory system was absolutely terrible. It was built entirely on RNG crafting with no feeling of progress.

People have been farming glory for over a year because they were hoping it would be worth something some day.

Perhaps you aren’t satisfied with these changes, but as of right now glory is more useful than ever. If that is a problem to you, then I don’t think you were interested in seeing that part of the game improve anyway, and just want to complain.

So remind me please. What can i buy with my 400 glory boosters again? I seem to be unable to find a merchant selling something valuable for em. Ah yes. There is no such merchant. So how did they become more valuable to me?

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Don’t twist what I said.

So remind me please. What can i buy with my 400 glory boosters again? I seem to be unable to find a merchant selling something valuable for em. Ah yes. There is no such merchant. So how did they become more valuable to me?

They became more valuable the moment they gave better rewards.

It is a shame if you have not been able to use those boosters, though.

Sergoros.4398

No. Glory become more valuable. Not Glory boosters. As long as u didnt use them – they useless. And as Op said, If u were hoarding them for the moment, when promised new game modes finally out > u screwed. That’s what happened. And this is exactly how he named it. Taking away invested time.

Here. Imagine another example: I was hording as many ectoplasm as possible. Then anet would say, that ecto is outdated. Though. They would give everyone 1k gold. U see the problem? Some players would be hurt more, than others. That’s not fair at all.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

No. Glory become more valuable. Not Glory boosters. As long as u didnt use them – they useless. And as Op said, If u were hoarding them for the moment, when promised new game modes finally out > u screwed. That’s what happened. And this is exactly how he named it. Taking away invested time.

Here. Imagine another example: I was hording as many ectoplasm as possible. Then anet would say, that ecto is outdated. Though. They would give everyone 1k gold. U see the problem? Some players would be hurt more, than others. That’s not fair at all.

I am sorry, but if you hoarded 400 boosters, it’s your own fault and you have no one to blame but yourself. You could have used a booster a day for a year and still had a lot left over. Boosters are meant to be used, if you decided not to use them, then honestly it’s your issue.

Sergoros.4398

I am sorry, but if you hoarded 400 boosters, it’s your own fault and you have no one to blame but yourself. You could have used a booster a day for a year and still had a lot left over. Boosters are meant to be used, if you decided not to use them, then honestly it’s your issue.

Same could be said about any material in game. So we back to my 1-st example. Let them make all boosters and materials outdated! Lets punish hoarders as much as possible~!

Full material revamp every week would be cool. Right! Right?

Posted by: Berethor.6142

Berethor.6142

Don’t twist what I said.

what can you buy with your boosters? Absolutely nothing….if you had bothered to use them however, this would not be an issue. I used to have the same issue with XP boosters, but then I found the super secret solution, not hoarding them till the end of time.

Sergoros.4398

what can you buy with your boosters? Absolutely nothing….if you had bothered to use them however, this would not be an issue. I used to have the same issue with XP boosters, but then I found the super secret solution, not hoarding them till the end of time.

So we back to Op post again. Dont trust anything in this game, cause everything could be taken away. Yeah. Guess, u agree with us, then.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, to be fair, they did tell us months ago to use up our glory boosters. Several times. Repeatedly. Over and over.

So, with offering to reimburse those that paid gems for them, would else could they have done…besides warning us that we should use them up months ago, as they would becoming useless?

Sergoros.4398

Well, to be fair, they did tell us months ago to use up our glory boosters. Several times. Repeatedly. Over and over.

So, with offering to reimburse those that paid gems for them, would else could they have done…besides warning us that we should use them up months ago, as they would becoming useless?

1st. So i would be fine to remove our legionaries, if they would tell us in advance?

2-nd. There were many good suggestions. Exchange them on other boosters. Or let us mystic forge em for random booster. Or turn them into glory consumable, that would give ~ 200 glory each. Many ways to be fair with your players. And all of them better, than just deleting our stuff.

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

After the karma nerf debacle Anet has given up on compensation because it’s too much work for them.
Here’s more work for you, though.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, I have a bunch of ‘I voted for Gnashblade’ badges sitting in the bank. I don’t even remember them telling us they would be useless, later (they probably did), so should I expect some kind of reimbursement? I got them from playing a certain part of the game. Now they are useless! Darn!

Just about as useless a comparison….no?

Sergoros.4398

Well, I have a bunch of ‘I voted for Gnashblade’ badges sitting in the bank. I don’t even remember them telling us they would be useless, later (they probably did), so should I expect some kind of reimbursement? I got them from playing a certain part of the game. Now they are useless! Darn!

It wasnt ever useful. All it did – was showing your support for Evon Gnashblade. And its still as useful as before. U can consume it and get his Icon over your head. I still have my unlimited one though. Even today, I like to show, that i voted for the Right candidate.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I payed for the game – I enjoy(ed) the game.
That’s where I invest my time in a game not to farm glory boosters, I got them as I played and I am a casual PvP player and have over 100 of them.

And someone talked about: ‘What if they said copper, silver and gold to replace it with something new’. Atleast I wouldn’t bother. The gold boosters I have I would have used as much as possible so I got as much gold I could before they remove the boosters. Finally the day before gold will be removed I would use it all up and I would have alot of neat stuff I wan’t And the next day I can enjoy the new system Whooohooo!!!

Once again, it’s not like I farmed Gold boosters… … And… Uh… who would farm Glory boosters and store them to save them for another day. Just like many other players I have saved my glory booster and also forgot to use them until they announced that it will be removed, but it is my darn mistake for saving them.

This is an MMO, a game where there is changes all the time. Don’t be supriced if someday the game won’t even be able to be played anymore or … Well I am an old SWG player, don’t be supriced if the game totaly becomes a whole other game.
Well sure it is sad that all our Glory boosters will just “poouff” but as I said, you havent paid for your glory booster (and if you have you can get it back), you have paid to play the game. You … don’t … even … own … your … character!

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Sergoros.4398

And someone talked about: ‘What if they said copper, silver and gold to replace it with something new’. Atleast I wouldn’t bother. The gold boosters I have I would have used as much as possible so I got as much gold I could before they remove the boosters. Finally the day before gold will be removed I would use it all up and I would have alot of neat stuff I wan’t And the next day I can enjoy the new system Whooohooo!!!

Nope. At least if u wanted many salvage kits. Auction would be empty. No gem conversion. No Items in bltc, because everyone would just cancel their sells (people arent that stupid). Even if u would be 1-st and buy legendary, u do realize, that u just cursing other people to deal with your useless gold?

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

Each support token (unvoted form) could be vendored for ~1s each at the end of the event. Some people had stacks of them. Some trashed them before the event ended. Some wasted time voting through the clunky dialogue window.
Wonder how many people still remember that? I know who were the real winners were in that event.

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Nope. At least if u wanted many salvage kits. Auction would be empty. No gem conversion. No Items in bltc, because everyone would just cancel their sells (people arent that stupid). Even if u would be 1-st and buy legendary, u do realize, that u just cursing other people to deal with your useless gold?

But if we compare this to whats happening to glory there would be merchants selling all or atleast most gear for gold and other neat stuff I would need for PvE and WvW.

Sergoros.4398

But if we compare this to whats happening to glory there would be merchants selling all or atleast most gear for gold and other neat stuff I would need for PvE and WvW.

We talking about glory boosters here. They just gonna delete em without compensation. There is nothing u can buy with glory boosters.

EdgarMTanaka.7291

We talking about glory boosters here. They just gonna delete em without compensation. There is nothing u can buy with glory boosters.

Aaaand you forgot the whole point of the comparison…

Yes glory booster will be rubbish but why do you still have them? You saved them? You got more than you could use?

I have saved alot of stuff in PvE like Captain’s Council Commendation wich I saved alot since I didn’t find them usefull at the time… But now I got over 500 and they are totaly useless… They havent even said if they will come back or not what I know of.

And the Vote badges, I converted my to 50/50 Evon and Ellen and I threw over 300 of these togheter just a few weeks ago.

I bought myself a Endelss continue coin for SAB and now I have over 70 regular continue coins that is totaly useless.

My girlfriend has a Dragon Jade ticket, she forgot to trade it and now it seems it’s useless.

Also the same with fortune scraps… I dunno if they will be back.

Can’t think of any more stuff but I think there is more.

Sergoros.4398

Yes glory booster will be rubbish but why do you still have them? You saved them? You got more than you could use?

I have saved alot of stuff in PvE like Captain’s Council Commendation wich I saved alot since I didn’t find them usefull at the time… But now I got over 500 and they are totaly useless… They havent even said if they will come back or not what I know of.

And the Vote badges, I converted my to 50/50 Evon and Ellen and I threw over 300 of these togheter just a few weeks ago.

I bought myself a Endelss continue coin for SAB and now I have over 70 regular continue coins that is totaly useless.

My girlfriend has a Dragon Jade ticket, she forgot to trade it and now it seems it’s useless.

1-st. As OP explained. He was saving them, w8-ing for a better game mode to be introduced, cause conquest mode is just mind-numbing. Same reason for me. I was w8-ing for a deathmatch mode myself. So i can use em when ill finally would be able to play hardcore and not casual.

U right only on Captain’s Council Commendations. They should have told, that they canceling them. I think, they even accepted their fault somewhere on forums.

Other stuff….
Vote badges was used for voting. It was your right to vote for your candidate. And u used it.

Coins… I see no problem there. Same as limited finishers. They shouldnt delete the drop for everyone, just cause u bought unlimited one.

And jade tickets with fortune scraps…U still can get items for them. Search black lion weapon specialist.

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

Just speak to the Black Lion Weapon vendor with the ticket in your inventory.

You’ll get an option to see an additional screen. This was covered in the patch notes.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Each support token (unvoted form) could be vendored for ~1s each at the end of the event. Some people had stacks of them. Some trashed them before the event ended. Some wasted time voting through the clunky dialogue window.
Wonder how many people still remember that? I know who were the real winners were in that event.

I was referring to this: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Evon_Gnashblade_Representation_Button_%28masterwork%29 rather than http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Support_Token, which I believe you are referencing. =)

Posted by: Divine eXecution.3709

Divine eXecution.3709

Actually it shouldn’t be anyone’s fault for saving up anything, especially not the casual player’s.
This isn’t “real life” where unexpected shifts in value happen. This is an artificial environment where the game designers can change things without people losing their invested time in a particular good.

I also hoarded my Boosters, expecting a game mode with more entertaining content for which I can use them up. If such a mode never gets released… well that’s the risk I have to take and also accept.
But simply removing the Boosters without any compensation is not a risk I took when hoarding them. Now I regret not having used them all up and buy me more fancy tomes to level my alts and such. Announcing such a change also did not really help at all, since I saved up way too many of them to be consumed in the little amount of time I can invest into this game since I am a casual player for whom this game got greatly promoted for.

So the ones who get punished the most are the casual players, those with limited time available.
It is and should NOT be our own fault for not having them used up earlier because such a change just is not expectable.

Posted by: Neoheart.2750

Neoheart.2750

What’s even more annoying is that these thing are still dropping from BLTC chest’s. Its like entering an Asda raffle for a brand new fiat punto and winning an out of date can of beans. Not heinz either, Asda’s own brand…specsavers or whatever they call it.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

If you want to invest time in something, get a Bachelor’s Degree. Playing video games is wasting time, not investing it. If they shut down the servers tomorrow, your entire “investment” in the game is gone. If this is a concern for you, the only thing you can do about it is be more careful where you invest your resources.

EdgarMTanaka.7291

You’ll get an option to see an additional screen. This was covered in the patch notes.

A nice and thanks!
Well I didn’t pay attention to this in the patch notes since 1. it wasn’t my ticket (I didn’t know she had it) 2. She showed it to me only yesterday and she never reads patch notes. But I told her to save it just in case.

Even though I protect Anets desicion I do agree that something should be made to make glory boosters into tokens or something… Like they made with tournament tickets…? So I can understand how griefed some people feels over this.

Posted by: Neoheart.2750

Neoheart.2750

A nice and thanks!
Well I didn’t pay attention to this in the patch notes since 1. it wasn’t my ticket (I didn’t know she had it) 2. She showed it to me only yesterday and she never reads patch notes. But I told her to save it just in case.

Even though I protect Anets desicion I do agree that something should be made to make glory boosters into tokens or something… Like they made with tournament tickets…? So I can understand how griefed some people feels over this.

That’s a fair point actually, i forgot about those tournament tickets. hmm…

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

If you want to invest time in something, get a Bachelor’s Degree. Playing video games is wasting time, not investing it. If they shut down the servers tomorrow, your entire “investment” in the game is gone. If this is a concern for you, the only thing you can do about it is be more careful where you invest your resources.

not really.

If someone is planning to sell something in the future, like account or game or w/e, he’ll have to invest time. So he’s going to sell his time which was invested for something.

But if someone’s playing games for a simple entertainment and enjoy it, then it’s spending time on it.

Wasting time is when you do something out of boredom and you have negative feelings or none at all.

So yes, we’re spending time on playing something we like, just like there are people spending their time catching butterflies because they like it.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: Divine eXecution.3709

Divine eXecution.3709

Ahhh yeaahh sure… if we follow this rule we should not do anything at all since we all die sooner or later… But we are not looking at end of time (servers) scenarios, but on what is happening right now.
It only feels like a waste of time when things you spend it on suddenly become worthless or could have been used better, like in this case.

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

under this assumption why are you not working to solve world hunger? working as say, a doctor in a western world is wasting your time when there are so many african children dying from diseases hourly.

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

tolunart.2095

under this assumption why are you not working to solve world hunger? working as say, a doctor in a western world is wasting your time when there are so many african children dying from diseases hourly.

Exactly, now get to it.

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

Exactly, now get to it.

except western people also need doctors, just because it’s a western country, doesn’t mean it’s exempt of problems and doesn’t mean it should be entirely disregarded.

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

tolunart.2095

I’ll just leave you to argue the point among yourself.

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

If you continued to hoard boosters after knowing for several months that glory was being removed, then it’s your fault not Anet’s.

PS. I have glory boosters that are going to be removed from my account too, but I’m not blaming ANet for removing them once they are obsolete.

(edited by Astraea.6075)

Posted by: Minkz.4923

Minkz.4923

That Dragon Jade ticket isn’t useless, just take it with you to the vendor and he has a new tab, the ticket tab is only available when you have the ticket on you. Otherwise you only see the regular tabs.

Sergoros.4398

If you continued to hoard boosters after knowing for several months that glory was being removed, then it’s your fault not Anet’s.

PS. I have glory boosters that are going to be removed from my account too, but I’m not blaming ANet for removing them once they are obsolete.

Like i said. Same could be done with anything. Is it fine if they would delete your legendary, but would warn you in 4 month before it?

I didnt like it 4 monthes ago. And I dont like it today.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If they gave me 4 months notice they were going to make something obsolete, like a Legendary, I guess I would sell it, or salvage it for mats or whatever other option was presented in-game to alleviate my loss, as much as possible. Just as I would have done with Glory Boosters, or just like I did with Karma Boosters and their effect on Karma consumables.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Since I don’t pvp and will likely never pvp, the boosters never got used and regardless of the fact they gave notice, they still took up that reward slot in the black lion chests that I paid real money for. I think that’s what makes me upset about it

Regardless, it would have been nice if we could forge them into other boosters or something like that, because I do, in fact, use every other booster I get (I don’t hoard, I just don’t pvp)

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Playing a game is not an investment.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Sergoros.4398

If they gave me 4 months notice they were going to make something obsolete, like a Legendary, I guess I would sell it, or salvage it for mats or whatever other option was presented in-game to alleviate my loss, as much as possible. Just as I would have done with Glory Boosters, or just like I did with Karma Boosters and their effect on Karma consumables.

Whom u would sell legendary? Notice would be for everyone… Such silly ideas…. And salvaging legendary…yeah…this 3 orichalcum would totally pay off for 3k gold u wasted on legendary…

So u basically saying, that its fine to delete any of your stuff without compensation. I guess, some people are Special.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Lol. It wasn’t my silly ‘what-if’ that proposed they would make Legendaries obsolete. But, if they did, then I would have to use whatever means to recoup as much as I could in-game. Wouldn’t you? Or you would rather get nothing, than even a small amount?

They aren’t going to make Legendaries obsolete, so we don’t really have to play the ‘what-if’ game, anyway. If the person that brought up Legendaries wanted to use an in-game item for comparison, the Karma booster and Karma consumables incident would have been much more apt.

Sergoros.4398

Lol. It wasn’t my silly ‘what-if’ that proposed they would make Legendaries obsolete. But, if they did, then I would have to use whatever means to recoup as much as I could in-game. Wouldn’t you? Or you would rather get nothing, than even a small amount?

They aren’t going to make Legendaries obsolete, so we don’t really have to play the ‘what-if’ game, anyway. If the person that brought up Legendaries wanted to use an in-game item for comparison, the Karma booster and Karma consumables incident would have been much more apt.

The problem is. There would be no way to recoup legendaries. Same, as there is no any rational way to recoup boosters. Thats my point. U can still get karma from events. So they had no reason to compensate karma boosters.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

The problem is. There would be no way to recoup legendaries. Same, as there is no any rational way to recoup boosters. Thats my point. U can still get karma from events. So they had no reason to compensate karma boosters.

And there is no reason to compensate glory boosters. They gave a warning that glory was going away. We have known this for months. That was your notice to stop saving them and use them. If you chose to ignore the warning, that is your problem.
Answer this, if you knew glory was going away, why in the world would you still keep hoarding the boosters?

Sergoros.4398

And there is no reason to compensate glory boosters. They gave a warning that glory was going away. We have known this for months. That was your notice to stop saving them and use them. If you chose to ignore the warning, that is your problem.
Answer this, if you knew glory was going away, why in the world would you still keep hoarding the boosters?

So back to my previous posts. Its fine if they remove your legendaries, but give u warning in advance?

And again. Like I said in my previous posts, i see no reason to waste glory boosters on the game mode, that I dont like. I was saving them for the promised time, when there would be new game modes. And when warning came…well.. there was no way to use all of them. Since I only did spvp for dailys.