Talking to your past friends in Guild Wars 2:

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kairnabel.1542

Kairnabel.1542

Don’t you ever wish that your past old friends in Guild Wars 2 would forgive you for your mistakes and work things out? Well today I did an experiment and I talked with an old friend of mine (from the game) and this is went:

http://i.imgur.com/FYgRA9b.jpg

I thought this game was meant to be for fun, not to start dramas and hate others because of something that happened a year ago… Why can’t people just learn to have fun?

Posted by: revodeel.2651

revodeel.2651

Although the context isn’t clear, anyone who would talk to you like that isn’t your friend. I would suggest forgetting them and finding a new friend.

Do not allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I feel we are missing some of the story…………

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Hard to tell without know what mistake you made with this friend. Maybe it was a big mistake like scam or you talk real bad to them some time.

;)

Kairnabel.1542

Good points everyone. Good points… I was just pointing out the dark side of Guild Wars 2 because some people believe there is no dark side to the game and I thought I would point that out.

About the “missing story” it is all a “he said she said” drama that happened to me when I joined his guild since they had this rule of taking pictures of people’s chat logs when talking in the guild without never telling me that.

Edit: And they started using that as an excuse to get lolmad at me.

(edited by Kairnabel.1542)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

This really has nothing to do with Guild Wars 2 particularly. It’s misleading to state or think it does.

Just some kind of drama between you and another. It could have happened anywhere, and the fact that you bring the drama to the forums says something. In my opinion, of course.

Kairnabel.1542

I am sorry. I didn’t mean to bring the drama to here, but it’s something people should be highly aware of. I did hide his name for safety measures, but I think this kind of toxicity should be called for.

(edited by Kairnabel.1542)

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

Yea this isn’t gw2 related this is just failing at human interactions. This sounds like you really kittened him off and like he said he doesn’t want to talk to you (via the no thanks response, that means conversation is over), but you kept bugging him anyways.

Kairnabel.1542

This is a discussion. That’s why I did post it. These kind of people are what keeps ruining the game experience for others, and this level of toxicity needs to be addressed in order to keep the game fun and entertaining for others.

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

How do we know it was not you toxic in past reason friend will not talk to you. No one know whole story. Not fair to blame this person on forum for toxic without story behind this and their side of story. I think I start to see why they do not talk to you.

;)

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Inculpatus cedo is right—This could happen anywhere, whether in an MMO, on a forum, or offline entirely. It’s not a “dark side of GW2” any more than it’s “the dark side of knowing people.”

I don’t know what happened with your friends, but it doesn’t sound like either you or they respect each other very much. The other person didn’t give you a very warm greeting, so you respond by…posting about it on the forum and dismissing their feelings/behavior? (“And they started using that as an excuse to get lolmad at me.”)

Why can’t people just learn to have fun?

People aren’t toys, and not all of them will just forgive you over time. They probably play the game to have fun, and if they can’t have fun with you, they’re likely to cut you out of their gaming experience. That’s unfortunate, but that might be them learning to just have fun without the drama you/they were tied up in a year ago.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

This type of toxicity needs to be addressed???

You and he are not friends. He doesn’t like you anymore and he doesn’t want to talk to you. Instead of respecting that, you post the conversation on the forum and call him toxic, insulting him for not being delighted to see you.

From this thread I would say he is correct in not wanting a conversation.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Kairnabel.1542

Like I have said. The reason he is only mad at me is because of a “he said she said” drama against me including of taking pictures of whatever I did say in chat logs without me being aware that was occurring. So I just moved on and let them say whatever they wanted to say about me, but I still keep everything what have they out of guild now that they are more aggressive than before.

Edit: And it’s something that ArenaNet has to address in the future.

Just a flesh wound.3589

You get on a public forum and call him toxic and then blame THEM for causing drama and being aggressive?

ANet may give it to you.

Kairnabel.1542

Well you see, I didn’t do anything to be treated like this, more like it’s in the past. Why did I post this? To raise awareness.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well you see, I didn’t do anything to be treated like this, more like it’s in the past. Why did I post this? To raise awareness.

Ok. Tell us exactly what ANet should do.

ANet may give it to you.

Kairnabel.1542

I think they should address cyberbullying in their game.

Edit: They do know what happened. I submitted every kind of evidence of cyberbullying, but it is something they don’t dare to touch.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

This:

Yea this isn’t gw2 related this is just failing at human interactions. This sounds like you really kittened him off and like he said he doesn’t want to talk to you (via the no thanks response, that means conversation is over), but you kept bugging him anyways.

This is a discussion. That’s why I did post it. These kind of people are what keeps ruining the game experience for others, and this level of toxicity needs to be addressed in order to keep the game fun and entertaining for others.

No, it isn’t. This is an opinion piece where only 1 person has all the information and feigns innocence.

Your “friend” seems to disagree.

Why did you post this? Attention kitten, troll, dramakitten, anything along those lines, but awareness certainly has nothing to do with it.

When did this palce turn into blogspace?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yea like what the hell did you do to make this person that upset.

Edit
Oh you said something in guild chat that this person and probabely more dident find being in good taste and they got angry with you now you try to say they are the toxic ones.
Got it, please delete this thread and quit that guild since they dont want anything more to do with you.

(edited by Linken.6345)

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

The block feature and simply ignoring and moving is the remedy for online bullying. And if it were to persist, the report feature is there.

But since the public wouldn’t really care to see or get involved, it’s best it remains behind curtains and taken care of discreetly between the involved persons.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Just a flesh wound.3589

Edit: They do know what happened. I submitted every kind of evidence of cyberbullying, but it is something they don’t dare to touch.

Cyber bullying is when they contact and harass you.

In this case you are the one cyber bullying. You contacted him and now you are posting on the forum and calling him toxic and causing drama.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I see, cyberbullying…

- apparently, you did something in the past to upset someone
- after months, you contacted that guy
- guy wasn´t too eager to talk to you
- you come here to… I don´t know what.. do not give the backstory, apparently YOU did something wrong. I am not sure you know how forgiveness works. For starters: a transgressor has no claim on people´s forgiveness.

cyberbullying? Preposterous.

Kairnabel.1542

In this case you are the one cyber bullying. You contacted him and now you are posting on the forum and accusing him of being toxic and causing drama.

You have no idea what happened a year ago. You have no idea how hard it did feel to play this game in that year with them constantly stalking, whispering, harassing, etc. I never did dare of posting about this until now, because I was afraid this was going to happen.

Cyninja.2954

In this case you are the one cyber bullying. You contacted him and now you are posting on the forum and calling him toxic and causing drama.

Ironic isn’kitten

Well here is us wishing arenanet does hear him and grants his wish and do something about cyber bullying. The actions taken might differ from TCs expectations though.

Cyninja.2954

In this case you are the one cyber bullying. You contacted him and now you are posting on the forum and accusing him of being toxic and causing drama.

You have no idea what happened a year ago. You have no idea how hard it did feel to play this game in that year with them constantly stalking, whispering, harassing, etc. I never did dare of posting about this until now, because I was afraid this was going to happen.

No we don’t, and honestly, no one cares.

Then again you’ve not tried to shed any light as to why you should be in the right. All people saw in that picture was you poking at someone who obviously does not want contact with you. If that is your friend, I do not want to meet people you consider enemies.

Just a flesh wound.3589

You should not have posted because it was inappropriate to do so.

You are the one stalking someone who does not want to talk to you. And when he didn’t greet you with open arms you ran to the forum to cry about it and insult him.

You contacted him
You posted on the forum about it
You insulted him by calling him toxic for not wanting to be your friend.

You are the one cyber bullying him.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Looks like you did something to upset him and refuse to acknowledge it and your denial just upsets him further. Either way you can apologize or continue ignoring/blocking each other and there’s no toxicity to be had since the interactions are non existent. This also has nothing to do with anyone else and is simply a small “domestic” issue. It doesn’t speak for the whole community.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I was just pointing out the dark side of Guild Wars 2 because some people believe there is no dark side to the game and I thought I would point that out.

This doesn’t show a dark side of GW2.

It does show you continuing to bother someone after they indicated that they did not desire to interact with you.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Cyberbullying is a real and serious problem, and I hope Anet does take reports of it seriously.

That said, not all interpersonal drama is bullying. If you and your friend had a falling out, that’s not really bullying, and if you actually were being bullied, don’t try to get back in touch with the bully. That’s one reason people aren’t taking your notion of cyberbullying seriously: If you still want to hang out with the “bully,” it just sounds like drama.

I’m sorry you had a bad experience, and someone you know doesn’t want to know you anymore, but that’s their decision. Let it go and focus on having a fun time in-game.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

This really has nothing to do with Guild Wars 2 particularly. It’s misleading to state or think it does.

Just some kind of drama between you and another. It could have happened anywhere, and the fact that you bring the drama to the forums says something. In my opinion, of course.

Attachments:

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

This thread lacks a healthy dose of…

Attachments:

Posted by: tim.1280

tim.1280

Sounds like you just came onto the forums to seek attention and expected people to take your side……….

Posted by: infinityandbeyond.9652

infinityandbeyond.9652

Good news people. Incoming thread lock on 3,2,1 …….

Infi Erratum.
Snafs Golem Emporium SoS

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Not until I make a post that somewhat relates. Pandas. They are always crying. But are they? Hmmmm. Also OP take some responsibility. Obviously you took some part in the drama that occurred a year ago although you’re unwilling to see it or admit to it. It takes two to argue. :-D. Also pandas aren’t always the victim but some people think they are cause they also look so depressed. But it is a common misconception. Okay now the thread is …….. Derailed?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Not until I make a post that somewhat relates. Pandas. They are always crying. But are they? Hmmmm. Also OP take some responsibility. Obviously you took some part in the drama that occurred a year ago although you’re unwilling to see it or admit to it. It takes two to argue. :-D. Also pandas aren’t always the victim but some people think they are cause they also look so depressed. But it is a common misconception. Okay now the thread is …….. Derailed?

Why can’t everyone just love everyone? :o

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There’s no way to know what happened, nor is it the business of these forums. But there’s an implication you said something nasty in gchat, screenshots were taken to log it, and this guy took umbrage right or wrong.

It’s not he-said-she-said if there’s proof of what was said and done, y’know. (My credentials: uncounted number of he-said-she-said defenses in trials over two decades. It always sucked when someone had videos etc to prove their version, if it was useful against my client …)

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

You have no idea how hard it did feel to play this game in that year with them constantly stalking, whispering, harassing, etc.

There is a block button. You didn’t use it. No one can stalk you in this game. They can see what zone you’re in, but without being in a party it’s unlikely they can find you in game because it’s not even guaranteed they’d get the same instance as you if the ran around that zone looking for you.

Sorry, your story doesn’t add up. If they harrassed you then you’re just adding more fuel to the fire by continuing to interact with these people. It sounds like you were in the wrong and now you want them to get over it.

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

You get on a public forum and call him toxic and then blame THEM for causing drama and being aggressive?

+1

+1

This type of toxicity needs to be addressed???

You and he are not friends. He doesn’t like you anymore and he doesn’t want to talk to you. Instead of respecting that, you post the conversation on the forum and call him toxic, insulting him for not being delighted to see you.

From this thread I would say he is correct in not wanting a conversation.

+1