Tanks and Healers

Tanks and Healers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Muleskinner.4639

Muleskinner.4639

I’m just wanting to get back into this game but I am unsure if there is actually tanks and healers? I heard that there wasn’t really anything like this on Guilds Wars 2? If so how do dungeons actually work if there isn’t? If anyone can send me to a discussion that’s already been had about this or let me know.

Thanks

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: Orb.1702

Orb.1702

just imagine running a dungeon with 5 dps, each player has their own heal and can dodge damage, players usually juggle aggro. There are some classes that are more supportive (heals, buffs, etc.) then others but they’re also expected to do damage as well.

I Orb Mine I Human Thief I FA I [Hope]

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

I’m just wanting to get back into this game but I am unsure if there is actually tanks and healers?

Well. There’s the Guardian.

And the Guardian.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

Basically, every man for himself. It’s weird to think about, but in-game, you’re pretty self-sufficient (except in dungeons, obviously). In those cases, it’s a five man army against everything. Whereas other games you just sit there and deal damage/heal, you have to actually dodge and think when you’re playing this one, because of the lack of traditional roles. But, there are people who still insist on forcing it (banner support wars, guardian healers)

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

for dungeons there is:
DPS plus party buffs
DPS plus party healing
DPS plus CC
and high armor/HP classes to try soak some damage between dodge rolls.

if you DPS only you are probably a dead weight.

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

No tanks, no healers. Just DPS.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

No tanks No healers

Best party everyone bring some supports and back each other up like real soldiers.

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Also being able to put a lot of conditions on the mobs is a great support, with weakness/chill/vulnerability the enemies become much more manageable.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: Airdrie.1706

Airdrie.1706

Each player have his own role. Everyone support the team with something.

Ex:
Guardian all kind of boons and regeneration.
Elem powerfull area healings.
Necromancer weakness and posions.
Thief blinds and stealths.

Those are some habilities of some classes. You don’t need healer or tanks, you need skill and teamplay.

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Zerg rez fests come to mind….why i don’t do them.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

Sound more like you just need an actual dungeon group. Mine makes it through plenty without zerging or rezing most of the time

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Bad players will tell you how awesome it is because in every game they played till now, they just stood and pressed 1-2-3. They find it so awesome because now they press 1-2-3-dodge which is a huge challenge for some. If you are one of them, you’ll love GW2. If on the other hand you happen to be a good player who enjoys strategy and fine skill timing…well, GW2 is very casual with a lot of random things to do and the extremely shallow dungeon system barely gets in the way. Ofc, it could never be a long term game for a pve player with a shred of skill, but it is a nice filler nonetheless. The dungeons will either be very bad fails(because of an uncoordinated pug) or roflstomp mode(in a decent group) because they had to balance them around random group set-ups and account for the possibility of a party with glass cannon builds only. Which resulted in random mechanics, repetitive patterns, high hp/dmg bosses and the currently hardest(popular belief) boss in the game relies solely on luck to beat(how many bubble mobs will you need/have? 1 – you are golden, 5 – you can do it, 6 – stand there and wait for it to reset).

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: Mad.1932

Mad.1932

guardians and warriors stacking tough vit do a great job of tanking, and eles do a great job of healing. But usually rolls only work in premade groups usually with guilds, if your going to run in a pug expect 5 dps dodging and going down alot

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

This couldn’t be more wrong, there is no true dps class, and anyone going glass cannon in dungeons is letting their team down, dungeons are as much about staying alive as they are about dps, on any class.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: Turgut.4397

Turgut.4397

Shout spamming Hammer Warrior. Enjoy.

Still waiting for the things I love about GW1.

Tanks and Healers

TWMagimay.9057

This couldn’t be more wrong, there is no true dps class, and anyone going glass cannon in dungeons is letting their team down, dungeons are as much about staying alive as they are about dps, on any class.

Yet…I often see “LF 3 more xxx, high dps”, but never saw “LF 3 more xxx, high survival”…

Tanks and Healers

Fox.3469

Yet…I often see “LF 3 more xxx, high dps”, but never saw “LF 3 more xxx, high survival”…

And that’s a mindset formed by other mmo’s, but it’s not how groups work, anyone having a succesfull guild group knows this.

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

Makes it easy for me to know i don’t want to group with them. Most high DPS groups i have ended up in spend most of there time with there face in the mud and rez zerging. (Its true enough you can beet a dungeon that way but any one who runs in successful team focused groups will tell you its faster to do it right the first time. Also less repair cost))

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: Nerevar.2875

Nerevar.2875

I see “LF1 more xxx, tank pref warr/guard” ALL THE TIME

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

And that’s a mindset formed by other mmo’s, but it’s not how groups work, anyone having a succesfull guild group knows this.

Anyone having a successful group knows that going glass cannon is more beneficial, stuff dies faster.

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

yes, stuff dies faster include bad glass cannon players and the death of these players wipe the whole team.

Tanks and Healers

TWMagimay.9057

yes, stuff dies faster include bad glass cannon players and the death of these players wipe the whole team.

Because bad survival built players are so awesome to have, right? Glass cannon is a more advanced build than any survival. Always has been and always will be. Bad players are a liability regardless of the build/gear. Always have been and always will be.

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

This is wrong simply because my eng has such a low damage output. And I doubt I’m doing it wrong. (Soldier armor and knight trinkets, fyi).

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Tanks and Healers

Fox.3469

Here’s a simple thing, you will get hit in dungeons, there is so much AOE trown around that you will take damage, full glass cannons go down in dungeons, no matter what, and slack by it. The best builds are a mix between these things. Enough to take the unavoidable hits. This has nothing to do with playstyle it has to do with common sense, full glass-cannon is not viable when doing hard content. (aka arah, fractals 20+)

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

This couldn’t be more wrong. Bad Glass-Cannon players let their team down. Good glass-cannon players are an incredible boon. I understand that there is a huge influx of bad players GC’ing it and getting downed every 5 seconds. But don’t coat all of us with the same brush. I’ve also seen non-glass-cannon players get obiliterated because they think that because they’re not glass-cannon, they can out-live a boss toe-to-toe. Yeah…

The myth that GC in dungeon = bad (FoTM later levels excluded) is just that, a myth – propagated unfortunately by a lot of inexperienced players who just want to deal high damage. But there are plenty of us who do very, very well in dungeons thanks to use of evasion and good utility choices. And the high dps we output whilst staying alive makes the fights shorter.

Tanks and Healers

haviz.1340

Here’s a simple thing, you will get hit in dungeons, there is so much AOE trown around that you will take damage, full glass cannons go down in dungeons, no matter what, and slack by it. The best builds are a mix between these things. Enough to take the unavoidable hits. This has nothing to do with playstyle it has to do with common sense, full glass-cannon is not viable when doing hard content. (aka arah, fractals 20+)

So why am I not dying as a glass cannon ele or thief in arah? I’m running with other glass cannons. How could have glass cannon warrior solo’ed lupi?

Tanks and Healers

Fox.3469

So why am I not dying as a glass cannon ele or thief in arah? I’m running with other glass cannons. How could have glass cannon warrior solo’ed lupi?

because you are making things up to prove your point

Lupi could be solo’d before the patch, you can’t reach him anymore btw, he’s a pretty straight forward boss when being alone, the more players the more unpredictable he becomes.

There is no thing as a good glass cannon player, good players boon up their party, increasing all dps and survivability, making the party go allot faster with allot less downtime.

(edited by Fox.3469)

Tanks and Healers

haviz.1340

Lupi could be solo’d before the patch, you can’t reach him anymore btw, he’s a pretty straight forward boss when being alone, the more players the more unpredictable he becomes.

There is no thing as a good glass cannon player, good players boon up their party, increasing all dps and survivability, making the party go allot faster with allot less downtime.

You got me, I’m just a fabulist.

What getting to lupi has anything to do with ability to solo him? Your party may wait till you do it.

Glass cannon != 5 signet wars without any utility. You misunderstand the concept of glass cannon. It’s not a selfish build. It’s a build where your gear doesn’t grant you any survivability but superior damage. You still have utility skills and traits to fill in.

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I’ve never seen “looking for high dps”, I’ve seen “a tank is preferred” though, meaning a high survivability class that can tank.

Tanks and Healers

Fox.3469

What getting to lupi has anything to do with ability to solo him? Your party may wait till you do it.

Glass cannon != 5 signet wars without any utility. You misunderstand the concept of glass cannon. It’s not a selfish build. It’s a build where your gear doesn’t grant you any survivability but superior damage. You still have utility skills and traits to fill in.

You can perfectly not be a glass cannon with berserker gear, it’s not about the gear, it’s about trying to max every % of damage while not thinking about other things. If you don’t do that then you don’t run glass cannon, but loads of people do this. A guardian in full berserker running an AH build isn’t glass cannon. However going full dps in traits and build, that is glass cannon and that is something noone can use. You either do one or the other, get survivability trough gear or trough traits or trough utility, the choice is yours, but not including it at all is stupid. Noone said you need to be all tanky and beefed up, but with glass cannon people usually mean all in function of offense, and that doesn’t work in this game.

The only reason glass cannon thiefs work in WvWvW is because other players just don’t have enough survivability. A glass cannon thief should always be just a free kill.

Now i’m fed up with players saying glass cannon works and then grouping with them, rezzing them 50 times in high lvl fractals and having em blame it on a bad day, if you run high end pve it’s your job to make GROUP survivability and GROUP damage as high as possible, while staying alive, basicly if your group isn’t covered in boons and the enemy isn’t weakened allmost the entire time, your group is doing something wrong. Your personal dps doesn’t even matter tbh, cause if i can do less personal dps but make the group in general’s dps go up for more then i lost, i’m in fact doing more damage.

Tanks and Healers

haviz.1340

You can perfectly not be a glass cannon with berserker gear, it’s not about the gear, it’s about trying to max every % of damage while not thinking about other things. If you don’t do that then you don’t run glass cannon, but loads of people do this. A guardian in full berserker running an AH build isn’t glass cannon. However going full dps in traits and build, that is glass cannon and that is something noone can use. You either do one or the other, get survivability trough gear or trough traits or trough utility, the choice is yours, but not including it at all is stupid. Noone said you need to be all tanky and beefed up, but with glass cannon people usually mean all in function of offense, and that doesn’t work in this game.

Getting AH gives you additional 30% crit dmg, it increases your dps.

The only reason glass cannon thiefs work in WvWvW is because other players just don’t have enough survivability. A glass cannon thief should always be just a free kill.

That’s why you have high ranked players in pvp playing glass cannon thief, to handicap their own team.

Now i’m fed up with players saying glass cannon works and then grouping with them, rezzing them 50 times in high lvl fractals and having em blame it on a bad day, if you run high end pve it’s your job to make GROUP survivability and GROUP damage as high as possible, while staying alive, basicly if your group isn’t covered in boons and the enemy isn’t weakened allmost the entire time, your group is doing something wrong. Your personal dps doesn’t even matter tbh, cause if i can do less personal dps but make the group in general’s dps go up for more then i lost, i’m in fact doing more damage.

Now, I’m fed up with players stacking defensive stats, lowering their dps 3 times. Stuff gets killed so slow you can alt-tab and read something. And then those people complain about tediousness of the current design.

I’ll ask you one thing. You really think Anet implemented zerker’s gear for baddies and soldier’s gear for pros in a game that was advertised to be about active damage mitigation through smart usage of endurance, protection and cc skills?

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Just keep in mind that there are different dungeon mentalities. The best player is going to be one who goes as glass cannon as they can while dying the lowest amount possible. Ifyou’re full glass cannon and stay alive the whole dungeon, I’d rather have you than somebody who adds toughness & vit because they need cushion room.

As far as different dungeons, there isn’t really any survivability in high level FoTM. People don’t have enough agony rest. yet but they go full glass cannon to hopefully kill the boss/mob before it kills them. You could have all the toughness/vit in the world but you’re gonna die from agony, so you’re just giving the boss more chances to kill you.

RIP in peace Robert

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

The best dungeon runs I’ve been on have two roles that are really important.

The Tactician: Someone who either knows what they are doing or someone that is smart enough to see when terrible things are going to happen. The best Tacticians don’t spoil the surprise for you, but still prevent everyone from wiping due to random events.

The Buffer: Usually a guardian, sometimes a warrior, sometimes a mesmer… someone who can spam as many buffs and boons as possible and is usually quite good at staying alive. Not a tank per se but very wiley.

Tho tbh the Tactician is more important than The Buffer.

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: AnemoneMeer.7182

AnemoneMeer.7182

You’ll see alot of people saying that evryone is DPS, and such. This is NOT true. You are not all DPS. You are all support. If everyone speccs to buff and empower their teammates while still doing fine themself, dungeon runs go by effortlessly.

If you have a banner warrior, a shout warrior, a mesmer with null field and timewarp, a guardian, and an elementalist, all of them geared to do damage and survive, and specced to buff their teammates and themselves, you’ll clear fast and easily. If everyone specs to do as much damage as possible, everyone will do less damage than if everyone was buffed up and spend more time downed due to being damaged more.

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: sasori.2603

sasori.2603

Well as Oglaf initially did say,

There’s the Guardian.
And the Guardian.

Doesn’t mean other classes are helpless, but you can get so much support from one Guardian you can actually carry pure glass canons with you.

The more Guardians you stack in a group the more you can go offensive with each wich because even offensive specced and geared Guardians still are above what other classes could be IF (and that’s a big if) they spec for support and survivability.

Double attack speed buff from Mesmers? Tank illusions to distract the bosses?
Oh those are great!
The raw damage of a Thief? Amazing to tear down adds.
The Damage buffs from a Warrior for the whole group with fury and might? Can’t be nicer.
etc.

It’s not that the other classes are broken, the Guardian is just that much better.

(edited by sasori.2603)

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

As I said earlier, “Glass Cannon = Bad” is a myth. No more, no less.

I will reiterate:

1) A GC who has no evasive utilities and no skill at dodging/judging the fight = dead. Agreed.

2) Same goes for anyone who stacks anything else.

Fox accused someone earlier of fabricating:

Except, he wasn’t making anything up. The “GC SUCKS IN DUNGEONS” line, is a myth. No more, no less (Upward fractals excluded!). A good GC brings a lot to the table. You can pound your chest and stamp your feet as much as you like, it doesn’t change it.

Does it take more skill to play GC in a dungeon? Sure it does.

What about your tough/Vit stacked people. One might proffer that there’s a lot less skill there as you have a lot less to worry about.

GCs have a bad name. It’s true. Death Knights had a bad name in WoW… yet the most skilled? Oh, you can see them solo raid bosses. Not because the DK was a bad class, but because the player was awesome.

Can we get back to having fun now rather than slinging mud around without foundation nor appropriation?

Tanks and Healers

Rukia.4802

Precisely. Boons and support don’t require survival gear, anything can be done glass cannon, and always better because more damage.

This is a DPS game.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: molepunch.5673

molepunch.5673

Now, I’m fed up with players stacking defensive stats, lowering their dps 3 times. Stuff gets killed so slow you can alt-tab and read something. And then those people complain about tediousness of the current design.

The math seems made up and I think you’re exaggerating.

I’m a support Warrior, built tanky.

I stack defensive stats, but I ramp up party DPS by:

1) For Great Justice (Infinite Mightx3)
2) On My Mark (Vulnerability x 10)
3) I encourage AI to attack me more by taking traits/utililities to increase my Toughness

And most importantly:
3) I’m able to keep mobs on one spot without “panic rolling” like most glass or DPS. This means: EZ mode DPS via AoE. Stuff running all over the place and there is just absolute chaos. (Champion Defiance makes CC harder, so a tanky guy is required.)

On top of this, my guildies (from WoW, FF11 days) know how to further increase DPS/keeping me alive via combo fields <— highly underrated aspect of GW2 PvE, IMO).

So:
4) Consistent Combos.

Encounters in dungeons are more or less designed to work without much coordination, but to those who state “lol no such thing as tanks and healers” or “it’s a zerg fest” probably have yet to see the beauty of an extremely coordinated PvE dungeon team.

Our typical team:

Tank/control/heal/buff
Heal/support/buff
DPS/combo field/control
DPS/combo field/buff
DPS/control/debuff

This is by no means a trinity wannabe group of people, we love and embrace the new philosophy, but I just wanted to share my experience in GW2.

I’m not preaching my style of playing GW2 PvE, but to say that the game “is a zergfest so just go glass” is kinda shallow.

Tanks and Healers

haviz.1340

The math seems made up and I think you’re exaggerating.

It’s not an exaggeration when stuff dies 3 times slower.

I’m a support Warrior, built tanky.

I stack defensive stats, but I ramp up party DPS by:

1) For Great Justice (Infinite Mightx3)
2) On My Mark (Vulnerability x 10)
3) I encourage AI to attack me more by taking traits/utililities to increase my Toughness

And most importantly:
3) I’m able to keep mobs on one spot without “panic rolling” like most glass or DPS. This means: EZ mode DPS via AoE. Stuff running all over the place and there is just absolute chaos. (Champion Defiance makes CC harder, so a tanky guy is required.)

Same thing any glass can do, maybe except 3, but a gc thief with pistol in offhand can tank better than you. What gives you 1s stun? You might interrupt 1 skill by wasting 6 of yours. It’s better just to press dodge or use one of many defensive skills.

On top of this, my guildies (from WoW, FF11 days) know how to further increase DPS/keeping me alive via combo fields <— highly underrated aspect of GW2 PvE, IMO).

So:
4) Consistent Combos.

Because someone with zerker’s geat can’t do it, right?

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

Alright, here is something to think about, I run a shout warrior with 1700 toughness. I used to always use an axe and shield but due to other regulars I run with having support skills also I can keep the great sword out. My guardian has 1200 healing and is specced around buffing everyone. We encourage teamwork and everyone bringing something to the team in dungeon.

So my problem is we are constantly bouncing off the diminishing returns cap. Having to take 30-60 minute breaks to prevent DR. With supportive builds we clear COF path one in under 9 minutes.

So what point is there in going any faster than this. Do people go oh 9 minutes COF is terrible, you could do it 7 mins with pure glass builds, is there really a benefit to hitting the 5 dungeon cap in 35 minutes instead of 45 minutes.

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Tanks and Healers

Rukia.4802

Alright, here is something to think about, I run a shout warrior with 1700 toughness. I used to always use an axe and shield but due to other regulars I run with having support skills also I can keep the great sword out. My guardian has 1200 healing and is specced around buffing everyone. We encourage teamwork and everyone bringing something to the team in dungeon.

So my problem is we are constantly bouncing off the diminishing returns cap. Having to take 30-60 minute breaks to prevent DR. With supportive builds we clear COF path one in under 9 minutes.

So what point is there in going any faster than this. Do people go oh 9 minutes COF is terrible, you could do it 7 mins with pure glass builds, is there really a benefit to hitting the 5 dungeon cap in 35 minutes instead of 45 minutes.

Just one more reason to play GW2! wait….

Jokes aside, I’ve been saying this since day 1. DR is literally a “DON’T PLAY OUR GAME LOL!” mechanic that doesn’t affect bots at all. Since bots are not on a time schedule nor do they really care about reduce drops, they will always find a way around things like this.

Think: D2 realm down, in diablo you could only run 20 games within an hour, and they had to be 3 minutes long. Can you guess what happened? People configured their bots not to exceed these parameters and it only affected the human player base.

ANet (I would hope) aren’t so stupid they wouldn’t have known this was going to happen, so one can only assume that DR is intentional to limit your play time by eventually making loot trivial. Not only is this mechanic incredibly stupid and a huge slap to our faces, but it comes into effect incredibly fast.

And I thought raid-lock in WoW bothered me. Lol, not even. This game is ridiculous. It doesn’t even want you to play it.

Tanks and Healers

haviz.1340

Okay, so you compare glass vs bunkers in the most faceroll dungeon where you skip everything anyway. Check your times in a bit harder ones.

(edited by haviz.1340)

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

The closest you get is a self healing “tank”. By this i mean that around level 60 certain professions gets access to traits that heals them when they do other actions.

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

Okay, so you compare glass vs bunkers in the most faceroll dungeon. Check your times in a bit harder ones.

Cof is the perfect example because of it’s trivial difficulty, you don’t benefit from support in it so it really magnifies a worse case scenario for support builds.

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Tanks and Healers

haviz.1340

Cof is the perfect example because of it’s trivial difficulty, you don’t benefit from support in it so it really magnifies a worse case scenario for support builds.

You don’t need dedicated support builds at all in other dungeons. Support helps if you don’t fully know most of the mechanics.

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

There are tanks and healers in GW2, but they’re always tank+DPS and healer+DPS.

The easy obvious tank example is shout-hammer tank warriors. I have one of these. She can soak a whole lot more damage than any other toon I have. She also has two interrupts and a debuff amongst her five weapon attacks. Good stuff for a toon that wants to the enemy to always be focusing on them. However, even with all that tanky stuff, she still hits pretty solidly because hammer is actually a good high damage weapon, and she always has 3, and usually 6 stacks of might going…as do her teammates.

For a healer, you’d be looking at a staff water elementalist. I’ve run with one quite a bit and cannot begin to describe how awesomesauce it is. The staff healer has a pair of AoE heals which dramatically improve the survivability of their teammates, especially those in melee since they are an easy an obvious target for healing, and they are all close enough together to get hit by one AoE heal. However, it’s not just heal. While your heals are on cooldown, you need to flip to your other elements and bring some damage. Do that, and groups will love having you along for the ride.

These aren’t even the end of possibilities. An altruistic healing, boon spam guardian works great as a tank provided there are always going to be teammates around, and smart guardians usually mention to their teammates that hanging out next to them helps everyone. A support thief can give up some of their high DPS (not all tho or you become a drag on your team), pick up some healing, and make good use of shadow refuge for bailing your teammates out of bad spots. They are also the one class that can usually rez anyone in the middle of a fight.

Again, tank and healer might not have truly defined roles in GW2, but they can exist, and they are very popular to have in teams.

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Why do i get the impression that warriors have a low workload?

By this i mean that it seems few of their skills are ground targeted or in other ways require the player to shift his focus away from the ongoing fight.

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

There are tanks and healers and dps.

Its just that this + self heal is balanced.

I have ran dungeons with 4 guardians and myself. It was slow but straight forward. Nearly nobody would die ever and we output consistent damage. Regen from everyone help to keep party healthy and some buffs helped with dps and defence.

I have also done dungeons with gc warriors and thiefs. These are slow and people constantly downed. Most are spec’ed with just enough survivability to keep themselves up most of the time but when 1 goes down, the whole party goes. Most of the time it comes down to trying to kite the boss long enough for people to get back from the wp and not have the boss reset. There is also the fact that the boss is always moving that high dps channeled skills will not work and combo fields are next to useless.

The best combos are a group with decent condition and damage and support while having a few tankier people who can keep agro and allow other members to output damage. You clear dungeons much faster than 5 tanks but don’t die if you team has any coordination. Support from combo fields and people not constantly trying to heal and or rez makes the dungeons much faster.

And pure gc is pointless. you output 2x your normal dps but you won’t have any combos or support for your team. you are more likely to die and your overall party dps isn’t much higher.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

As I said earlier, “Glass Cannon = Bad” is a myth. No more, no less.

I will reiterate:

1) A GC who has no evasive utilities and no skill at dodging/judging the fight = dead. Agreed.

2) Same goes for anyone who stacks anything else.

Fox accused someone earlier of fabricating:

Except, he wasn’t making anything up. The “GC SUCKS IN DUNGEONS” line, is a myth. No more, no less (Upward fractals excluded!). A good GC brings a lot to the table. You can pound your chest and stamp your feet as much as you like, it doesn’t change it.

Does it take more skill to play GC in a dungeon? Sure it does.

What about your tough/Vit stacked people. One might proffer that there’s a lot less skill there as you have a lot less to worry about.

GCs have a bad name. It’s true. Death Knights had a bad name in WoW… yet the most skilled? Oh, you can see them solo raid bosses. Not because the DK was a bad class, but because the player was awesome.

Can we get back to having fun now rather than slinging mud around without foundation nor appropriation?

Most groups with GCs rage, because GCs fall like dominoes. You can say all you want about increased DPS, but where does your DPS go when you’re downed on a floor and a good support is raising you?

Tanks and Healers

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

yea, the ought to consider turning off going back to waypoints in dungeons, at least during boss fights. if anything, put some way so you cant get back into the room where said boss is at.

thugged out since cubscouts