Target of Target?

Target of Target?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Metridium.2391

Metridium.2391

Hi, is there any option for a “target of target” or any plans to implement it in the future? Thanks

Target of Target?

Posted by: Mavrip The Ripper.8623

Mavrip The Ripper.8623

That would be nice for PvE/Raids/Dungeons, but if it were to come I would definitely not want this to appear in PvP. Nice idea

Target of Target?

Posted by: Jon Olson

Jon Olson

Programmer

That’s kinda what Call Target is for, no?

Beta, Character Select/Create, Enhanced Squad UI, Play for Free, Raids, Streaming Client, & Mac

Target of Target?

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Not really. It’s useful in PvP when I select a target to see which of my team mates he has targeted, or when I select a raid boss to see if he changes targets for an attack. Calling a target is a completely different function.

Target of Target?

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

That would eliminate a lot of competition from the game.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Target of Target?

Posted by: vox.9027

vox.9027

Call Target works when the entire group is focusing one target at a time, whereas Target of Target would work to see who is about to be bursted or if there are subgroups within a party focusing different targets simultaneously.

However I would agree with the above post that I would rather limit that to reaction/synergy than have it spoonfed to you.

Target of Target?

Posted by: spartan.9421

spartan.9421

As far as i know anet has no plans to add something like this in ever. It’s one of those things that would create more conflict between players rather than help anything.

Worrying is like a rocking chair: You go back and forth but never get anywhere.

Target of Target?

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Seeing your target’s target is helpful sure, but is awful for the competitive nature of PvP. You’re effectively being able to see what your enemies are doing on a level that you shouldn’t actually have access to. It’s not really a very good idea, you’re not supposed to be able to see who someone is targeting.

Target of Target?

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

Seeing your target’s target is helpful sure, but is awful for the competitive nature of PvP. You’re effectively being able to see what your enemies are doing on a level that you shouldn’t actually have access to. It’s not really a very good idea, you’re not supposed to be able to see who someone is targeting.

Ehh not really, any solid player should be aware and know who their opponent is targeting. In seconds I know if I’m the one targeted or if my teammate is.

Target of Target?

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Because the ability the game gives you to target someone behind you and fire a bow at them at 90 degrees to where you’re facing is totally realistic.

LOL.

Target of Target?

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

No.

Target of Target?

Posted by: Exclamatory.8351

Exclamatory.8351

Lol, what? Have you ever played an MMO?

Target of Target?

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

So… if I get this right?

You guys wanna know who the “Target” is targeting too?
Basically a visual feedback of who is holding the agro in a boss fight?

The answer is a straight no.
It’s your job to keep track of agros, if you are getting insta bursted because you haven’t noticed who the boss is aiming or not its your own issue.

On PvP, calling targets is a strategic decision. If you tell your enemies who your team will be targeting, than people will simply stop using.

Target of Target?

Posted by: Metridium.2391

Metridium.2391

This is like, the only MMO without a target of target function, lol

Target of Target?

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

This is mostly good for healers. It makes it easier for them to quickly target whoever is taking the most damage as they are the bosses target. In games like ffARR this sort of thing makes sense. Healing in gw2 is kind of a mess of spamming healing skills. Single target healing isn’t really necessary.

Target of Target?

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

……….?

I am at loss. Name a few?

Target of Target?

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

……….?

I am at loss. Name a few?

WoW, WS, FFaRR….

Target of Target?

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

too much like WoW, so anet would never do it.

Target of Target?

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Doesn’t need it for PvE, and it takes away a bit of the competitive nature of SPvP.

So no thank you.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Target of Target?

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

too much like WoW, so anet would never do it.

WoW Brew of the Month Club (Est 2009)

GW2 Brew of the Month Club

Target of target is quite useful and differs from ‘call Target’, imo.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

(edited by Siobhan.5273)

Target of Target?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Not really. It’s useful in PvP when I select a target to see which of my team mates he has targeted, or when I select a raid boss to see if he changes targets for an attack. Calling a target is a completely different function.

I think you are forgetting that in many cases it is not necessary to have a target to use a skill in GW2. That will result in balance issues

That aside why should the game be providing that kind of assistance especially in a PvP format?

Target of Target?

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I am not bothered whether we get a target of target feature or not, but it would be a useful feature on ocassion. Here is how I see this feature, and many other features of a similar nature:

I am not in this environment, my character is. I cannot, with any degree of accuracy, see what/who my opponent is looking at with their eyes. I cannot read their face or their body language, because animations in this game do not allow for this level of awareness. Therefore, any feature that gives me a way to make up for these missing abilities to read my opponent are a good thing. The balance comes from not providing an overpowered ability that I would not have if I was actually there myself in a real world setting.

I know it is a game, and at the end of the day it is in a vitual fantasy world. But so long as the feature is not OP, which I do not think a ‘target of target’ is, I do not see it being an issue if they included it. Of course, if Anet decide the payoff is not worth the effort of implementing it, then that is perfectly fine by me. It’s not a big deal that GW2 doesn’t have this feature, but it would be a nice to have, even if it was disabled in PvP.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Target of Target?

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

Let me start by saying, absolutely not. Call target is a simple PVE/PVP focus mechanic and has nothing to do with ToT.

I’ve been waiting a long time for this game to add Target of Target. I’m still hoping to see it. It makes absolutely no to minimal difference in high end pvp (ie leagues) because all players are already aware of who is focused.

But it makes life so much easier in pve because there is no true threat level, GW just added taunts, mobs can be finnicky. I think it’s one of the must have QoL changes for any large mmo. Until we can play like holograms and see the mob/players focus then ToT is the next best thing.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.