Tarnished Coast "vigilanties"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: avatera.9358

avatera.9358

Recently is has come to my attention that there is a group of people are getting RPers banned. Not for no reason though, they are targeting people who are being considered by their terms profain or unacceptable. I am not sure what their tersm are, but from a guildy I have heard of a few bans that have happened, an d whom they may be targeting, mainly profain people who may be doing inappropriate things or doing something they consider offensive. I understand people shouldn’t be running around trying to cause trouble or be offensive, but it also hinders RP if we are forced to be perfect citizens. On top of that there is a profanity filter to cut out anything that may be undesirable if it does show up. Not sure if this is a big enough issue or not, but I want to make it common knowledge that this is happening and that it is personally hindering me and my guilds game play experience…

Posted by: Nayru.4537

Nayru.4537

Guild Wars is a video game. Video games are for gaming. Role playing is not playing the game. If you want to role play so badly you can use external IM software. What do you have to complain about?

Yes – my name is Nayru and I am a guy – we play games too, get over it.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Its because there are prudes that want no sexual or love oriented themed chats going on even if the filter doesn’t block it if turned on.

We are humans playing humans (or other races) in an RP environment doing remotely human nature things! I don’t know what planet these kitten are from, but they are just as bad as normal grievers spouting their puritanical views…in map chats behind our backs. I got under attack once for making a normal reasonable crude toilet humor joke and related plot to another rper. Like attempt to make them vomit or something… (making them vomit directly would be god modding).

If its ERP (erotic role play), for love scenarios or very gritty scenes such as kitten or abuse… Then it should be done in a party chat and emotes expressed in < and >.

I can see that warrant a report or two as not everyone should hear it in /say.

Yet there are exceptions like, one describing their back story to someone that asks and then they say that they were kitten a few years ago. Is that reportable?

Are all touchy subjects off limits then and indeed bannable?

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

(edited by Yumiko Ishida.3769)

Posted by: MaRko.3165

MaRko.3165

So some of your guildies were acting childish or otherwise antisocial and were called out on it and banned for it? And your point is?

I wish more ‘multiplayer’ games cleaned out the trash.

“I was playing Farmville and a kitten MMO GW2 broke out of it…”
I cut my gaming teeth on Adventure&ZorkI,II,III.
i7-2600K/8G/GTX570SLI/WIN7/Stereoscopic_3D

Posted by: Straylight.7408

Straylight.7408

Guild Wars is a video game. Video games are for gaming. Role playing is not playing the game. If you want to role play so badly you can use external IM software. What do you have to complain about?

Of course role-playing is playing the game. What are you talking about

On topic: How exactly are the Roleplayers interacting with other people? If they just roleplay among themselves without making use of the map chat (aka privately) , then there shouldn’t be any reason to ban them.

Posted by: Nefar.8135

Nefar.8135

Without role players Nayru you would not be playing this game or countless others. It’s role playing that created the demand for this genre of game. So get over it.

Avatera — You would not get banned if you did not break something in the TOS. No matter the game one must follow the rules. The argument to use profane language because it’s ‘role playing’ has been beat to death.

Yumiko Ishida.3769

MMORPG: Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

Even if you are making a character and just playing in the traditional sense you are indeed in a role (that is not you or your own) playing that toon in the path the game intends, which is to, Kill Zhaitan!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Nayru.4537

Nayru.4537

Without role players Nayru you would not be playing this game or countless others. It’s role playing that created the demand for this genre of game. So get over it.

Thanks for the laughs.

Yes – my name is Nayru and I am a guy – we play games too, get over it.

Straylight.7408

Thanks for the laughs.

I’m glad he made you laugh! You’re way too grumpy for your own sake;)

The topic got slightly derailed though. OP wants to turn our attention to these “vigilantes” and not discussing whether RP is allowed or not (we already know it’s allowed and Nayrus opinion won’t change that)

(edited by Straylight.7408)

Posted by: cNcHellShadow.7691

cNcHellShadow.7691

It’s a shame that people care more about the conduct of others, than actually enjoying content themselves. I used to play Champions, which has a decent RP community, and I’ve never heard of anything like this happening. My guild rp’s, but we do it in Guild Chat so we aren’t harassed, and so we don’t diminish other player’s experiences. It would be nice if ANet added a new server solely for roleplayers, as we would all have a place where we could play our game comfortably.

Posted by: Kasenai.9418

Kasenai.9418

Like it or not those guys aren’t doing anything wrong by reporting role-players .

It is not up to the players whether it will be deemed offensive or not. Anet makes the call and they’ve decided that whatever role-play these people do falls outside of the rules of the game.

End of story.

- En svensk tiger.

Straylight.7408

Like it or not those guys aren’t doing anything wrong by reporting role-players .

It is not up to the players whether it will be deemed offensive or not. Anet makes the call and they’ve decided that whatever role-play these people do falls outside of the rules of the game.

End of story.

Reporting roleplayers for being roleplayers is not a reportable offense.
If these roleplayers are rude or harass people then they’ll be reported…but for being rude and harassment and not for roleplaying.

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

The profanity filter excuse didn’t work before, it most certainly won’t work now. No one is impeding on your gameplay by reporting your bad conduct, the rules are the same for everyone. That you some how think because it’s “RP” that it elevates you above everyone else in regards to the rules is just laughable.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

You have no right to swear in this game, it’s against the agreement you, yes yourself agreed to. You can’t get mad or say it’s unfair that you got banned for swearing and/or cybering which I’m guessing that’s what they got banned for. Your character does not have an exception do this rule even though you think that they should.

You are role playing a character, yes the storyline is role playing (I’m not actually killing zhaitan, my character is…that’s role playing) Not pretending and writing lore and actually “talking” to people using my characters personalities, the developers developed the storyline to be role played, so yeah I role played killing zhaitan, and helping trehearne on his adventures.

It’s my personal opinion that people who role play inappropriate (cybering/swearing constantly) do not get a get out of jail free card because they are playing a character they made up and not the developers themselves. This is a 12+ video game, be aware of that before you start making inappropriate statements. People who develop and roleplay their character outside of the storyline are taking the “RP” in MMORPG a little too seriously.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

(edited by Lunar Sunset.8742)

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

@Nayru You might not found that out yet but you are playing in game i genre of MMORPG where RPG stands from Role Play Game. So i think that RPlayers are closer to really playing that game than you or me.

Some servers should be just considered RP-only or at least RP-friendly where breaking character would be not welcomed or bannable in extreme cases. Maybe even some 16+ servers for so we can stop worrying about every time we got excited?

(edited by sAdam.5876)

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

As a roleplayer (although not in this game), I feel obligated to point out that using tells or party chat is both common sense and common courtesy. This game has a T rating, and the content is actually extremely tame for a T rating. Expecting everyone who plays it to be okay with mature topics is unreasonable. They are considered “mature” or “touchy” topics by society in general for a reason, whether you are personally bothered or not.

I also feel obligated to point out that GW2 is a horrible platform for roleplaying anyway. There are so many other things hindering your experience that focusing on this one is laughable.

Finally, for all those who insists that the focus of an RPG is supposed to be fleshing out your character’s actions and backstory, I’ll invite you to go play through an old-school D&D adventure, (e.g., The Tomb of Horrors) and tell me what genre of game that is.

(edited by Urthona.3198)

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Actually RP is the only thing from keeping me from quitting GW 2 atm. I can’t WvW, or do big dungeons like fractals (which I obviously want to do) as its too much for this laptop and I can’t be getting a new Tower or decent rig anytime soon.

People mostly play rpgs for the sole idea of perfection of your character on the RPG mechanics side, namely, stats and numbers. You can play any normal one player rpg game for that. That is boring here. Oh look! I got better numbers than your ele has. Want a cookie?

MMORPGs have that community aspect and acting your character out in such a way is expected. I played a few very old mmos (Phantasy Star Online is one) where playing with 4 people and comparing kittens is enough for social interaction.

Gw 2 is too engrossing for that.

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

As a roleplayer (although not in this game), I feel obligated to point out that using tells or party chat is both common sense and common courtesy. This game has a T rating, and the content is actually extremely tame for a T rating. Expecting everyone who plays it to be okay with mature topics is unreasonable. They are considered “mature” or “touchy” topics by society in general for a reason, whether you are personally bothered or not.

I also feel obligated to point out that GW2 is a horrible platform for roleplaying anyway. There are so many other things hindering your experience that focusing on this one is laughable.

And I know that it has become popular to whine, cry, and kick your feet when you are offended in this day and age…like when you hear something on the radio that you find offensive and decide to try and get them thrown off the air.

But, and bare with me here…there’s this thing people used to have called ‘common sense’. And what you do when you don’t like something is you ignore it or go where you don’t have to hear/see it. In the radio example that would be to simply change the station. In the game it’s for you to go where the RPers aren’t. Usually they are in taverns and such, so…don’t hang out at a tavern. Problem solved.

I don’t know why we’ve gotten to this point in our lives, but you do not have the right to not be offended. Arenanet, however, can choose to run things that way if they wish. And if they do, then they’ll suffer the consequences of such oppressive, PC-friendly garbage.

Posted by: J Grendahl.9781

J Grendahl.9781

While I agree that people should be punished for doing something wrong, I can understand the op’s frustration. Lately it seems that Tarnished Coast has been plagued by more people than normal attempting to disrupt roleplayers. The methods range from people jumping around in front of you, or in some cases ON your characters, to animals being placed in places to discourage roleplayers from gathering. The climate for roleplayers is getting hostile, and I really hope that something is done about it soon.

I understand that people have ‘fun’ in different ways, but when your idea of fun stomps all over someone else’s, something needs to be done. I’d love for their to be a report function for griefers, why there isn’t one I do not understand. It’s pretty obvious when you are sitting there roleplaying with someone and someone else is jumping all over your character, that they are trying to harrass you. I wish that TC had just been tagged as an rp server, but I guess it’s too late now.

That said, I do want to make it clear that I don’t agree with questionable rp being put out into the general public. I don’t care if people do it, hey, everyone plays the game differently, right? Just do it privately, or in an instanced area and no one should be getting banned for anything.

Yumiko Ishida.3769

While I agree that people should be punished for doing something wrong, I can understand the op’s frustration. Lately it seems that Tarnished Coast has been plagued by more people than normal attempting to disrupt roleplayers. The methods range from people jumping around in front of you, or in some cases ON your characters, to animals being placed in places to discourage roleplayers from gathering. The climate for roleplayers is getting hostile, and I really hope that something is done about it soon.

I understand that people have ‘fun’ in different ways, but when your idea of fun stomps all over someone else’s, something needs to be done. I’d love for their to be a report function for griefers, why there isn’t one I do not understand. It’s pretty obvious when you are sitting there roleplaying with someone and someone else is jumping all over your character, that they are trying to harrass you. I wish that TC had just been tagged as an rp server, but I guess it’s too late now.

That said, I do want to make it clear that I don’t agree with questionable rp being put out into the general public. I don’t care if people do it, hey, everyone plays the game differently, right? Just do it privately, or in an instanced area and no one should be getting banned for anything.

I was doing an private RP in party chat and was changing my characters clothes in an non meta way. (IE going into full nude and then slowly putting on a different set of armor.) I was jumped on and had out of character jeers and people making cat calls ((whistles)) with her and I ran out still half naked. It was in the busted flagon. I played my girl to be horribly embarrassed and I was kitten OOCly too. A guy that I was with gave me a new set of armor ICly as a wintersday gift lol.

I try to do any ERP or questionable in party (or guild) with my own people involved when needed or to go to Salma and out of sight and out of mind. Its common courtesy and your right.

The blatant griefing is not right or /me use saying, “I killed your character” in a god-moddish way without consent of the user. I ignored that recently.

Posted by: Mechanix.5719

Mechanix.5719

This what i imagine people who RP do
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!

But i agree they should make a official RP server for people who do it

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Nah that’s more LARPer stuff. Its bad form to post skills and gear in an non intelligible way. DnD can and will have people that do that too.

Posted by: Coffeebot.3921

Coffeebot.3921

I occasionally jump all over RPers on TC, as to why… because I’m free to do so just like they are free to RP. However reporting RPers for “profane” content is just… wrong, it’s like people have no common sense and just wish to cause trouble for other people. Hell this is a game where you wander through a world slaughtering thousands of creatures and people and yet some fool has a problem with me saying kitten or kitten, it’s completely beyond me.

Also RE the ESRB rating of “T for Teen” it actually has no legal grounding or legal sway, it’s at best a recommendation and at worst completely useless, the only “legal” ratings are those that an individual country recognizes in their domain. In Australia it would be the OFLC (Office of Film and Literature Classification) however they have no rating for games with online content as it can change after the rating was given.

Fornicate like you’ve never fornicated before.
I am anti-censorship, for it doesn’t make sense to pander to a minority.

Posted by: Mechanix.5719

Mechanix.5719

Nah that’s more LARPer stuff. Its bad form to post skills and gear in an non intelligible way. DnD can and will have people that do that too.

we all know you do this Yumiko on a Thursday your not fooling anyone =)

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

And I know that it has become popular to whine, cry, and kick your feet when you are offended in this day and age…like when you hear something on the radio that you find offensive and decide to try and get them thrown off the air.

But, and bare with me here…there’s this thing people used to have called ‘common sense’. And what you do when you don’t like something is you ignore it or go where you don’t have to hear/see it. In the radio example that would be to simply change the station. In the game it’s for you to go where the RPers aren’t. Usually they are in taverns and such, so…don’t hang out at a tavern. Problem solved.

I don’t know why we’ve gotten to this point in our lives, but you do not have the right to not be offended. Arenanet, however, can choose to run things that way if they wish. And if they do, then they’ll suffer the consequences of such oppressive, PC-friendly garbage.

Here’s the thing: I’m not offended by these topics. I have good reason to believe I’m actually far more desensitized to them than most people. And I recognize that. There are plenty of venues online and even offline to roleplay my angsty character concept with a depraved past. Why should I insist on using a game that bills itself as family friendly for that? To do so would be hurting both myself (because I’d be restricted by the TOS or risk infractions) and members of the community (who bought the game specifically because it was family-friendly.)

You had the option to read the TOS before you bought the game. If you have an issue with the notion of political correctness, then you probably shouldn’t have supported a company who enforces it. People who create media aim for certain ratings because that’s what sells.

Yumiko Ishida.3769

we all know you do this Yumiko on a Thursday your not fooling anyone =)

Like dress up and announce my attacks? Lol. I don’t even do halloween and wear a costume. Its cute to see some people do that though. I just don’t have that grace.

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

Here’s the thing: I’m not offended by these topics. I have good reason to believe I’m actually far more desensitized to them than most people. And I recognize that. There are plenty of venues online and even offline to roleplay my angsty character concept with a depraved past. Why should I insist on using a game that bills itself as family friendly for that? To do so would be hurting both myself (because I’d be restricted by the TOS or risk infractions) and members of the community (who bought the game specifically because it was family-friendly.)

You had the option to read the TOS before you bought the game. If you have an issue with the notion of political correctness, then you probably shouldn’t have supported a company who enforces it. People who create media aim for certain ratings because that’s what sells.

This.

Although I don’t roleplay often myself, I have done it in previous games and it can definitely be lots of fun sometimes.

But this is a company that can and will temp ban people for using any expletives in game, it sucks for anyone over the age of 14 that isn’t overly sensitive not just you roleplayers.

Saying that though, the only advice I can give is if you are going to roleplay anything that is even remotely mature do it in a place that’s fairly isolated where the odds of some prudes finding you are rather low.

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

ANet doesn’t support RP, if you want a great community for that WoW is a good place to start although beware the trollz

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

All I can guess from what I am reading is that you guys tried something that was effectively cybering and did it in such a way that you got caught, reported and penalized for doing something that is against the rules.

What exactly is the problem here?

Party and direct message chat is there for a reason. Don’t like people catching you, don’t use local/map chat.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: StormcrowX.9236

StormcrowX.9236

OP’s post seems deliberately vague. Anet doesn’t go around banning RPers for no reason. Care to admit what sort of RP exactly was this that got you banned?

You are not one of their “most dedicated players”. Don’t worry, neither am I apparently.
-NaughtyProwler.8653

Posted by: Kyias.1845

Kyias.1845

OR you could use that “common sense” and realize that if my current method of RP breaks the TOS…maybe YOU should do it in a more private channel rather than in public.

Kyias Lightsun
Myrmidons of Kryta (MOK)
Blackgate Server

Posted by: JMadFour.9730

JMadFour.9730

stop ERPing in public chats and people won’t report you. This ain’t Goldshire.

“Quaggan is about to foo up your day.” – Romperoo

Posted by: Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

guess the RPers just have to adjust the “roles” they “play” to insure their behavior conforms to the same code of conduct as the rest of us. Otherwise anyone could be a kitten to anyone and justify it as “i wasn’t being a jerk, i was just role playing a jerk”

Posted by: SuperSpicyCurry.2415

SuperSpicyCurry.2415

RPing is fine and as far as I know Arenanet allows it I mean they have a /emote command, no non-roleplayers have a use for that. People saying Anet doesn’t are simply putting words in their mouths. If the RP is racy then keep it in private channels not in map chat, public profanity is against the agreement and you can be reported for it. So if they were saying “kitten this, kitten that, kitten me” in map chat then sure I see why they were reported. Some of the posters need to realize that this IS a ROLE PLAYING GAME so ROLE PLAYERS are allowed to ROLE PLAY, huh not that complicated. Leave them be if they’re not interfering with others.

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

It’s difficult to feel sympathy for people who ERP in public channels. Should be common sense to keep that private IMO.

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

While there is no official “RP” server, there is a very large amount of role-players on Tarnished Coast and Arenanet shouldn’t neglect that. When examinating tickets coming from Tarnished Coast, I think Arenanet should check if it comes from in-character players. Of course, role-playing is not an excuse for breaking the rules, but unless the language used is obscene, I think RPers should be free to role-play characters in situations such as a dispute or being intoxicated.

That said, I don’t know why the OP’s guildies were banned, but as a role-player who rolled on Tarnished Coast, I have to say that if you absolutely have to role-play a character that hates <insert real-life race/gender/sexual orientation> or that can’t say two sentences without 10 f- words, not only you are breaking the rules, but you are also a very boring role-player to play with. And my character hates yours.

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

There should be a map wide RP chat channel. For adult players only, who don’t mind seeing more mature language in their chat log.

And a “/Sayrp” channel for more mature chats.

Chat channels can be unlocked in the gem store through a CC age validation.

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

There should be a map wide RP chat channel. For adult players only, who don’t mind seeing more mature language in their chat log.

I don’t think role-players have any more rights then normal players when it comes to the level of language allowed.

If Arenanet want to do anything to support role-players, I think they just consecrate Tarnished Coast as the official “RP” server and give a free transfer to people who hate it or want to come RP from other servers.

I don’t think Arenanet would have to do any additional work to support a RP server. Considering that in Guild Wars 2 you have to move ALL your characters to one server, you won’t really have RP haters rolling alts on an official RP just to troll the role-players unless they’re ready to transfer their whole account and pay gems.

Onshidesigns.1069

I don’t think role-players have any more rights then normal players when it comes to the level of language allowed.

If Arenanet want to do anything to support role-players, I think they just consecrate Tarnished Coast as the official “RP” server and give a free transfer to people who hate it or want to come RP from other servers.

I don’t think Arenanet would have to do any additional work to support a RP server. Considering that in Guild Wars 2 you have to move ALL your characters to one server, you won’t really have RP haters rolling alts on an official RP just to troll the role-players unless they’re ready to transfer their whole account and pay gems.

More mature language makes for a much more interesting game. Their are many people “adults” that want the option to freely express themselves in a game.

Onshidesigns.1069

Anther idea could be to have adult only servers. For people who can handle things like mature language. It would require a CC validation.

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

I have heard of a few bans that have happened, an d whom they may be targeting, mainly profain people who may be doing inappropriate things or doing something they consider offensive.

If they are erping in public, they are violating the ToS, and many roleplayers will report other roleplayers they see doing this.

Keep these things private if you must do it at all, and be good neighbors to your teen-rated game’s community!

Regarding language— unless the policy has changed, foul language by itself is not a reason to get banned. For example, graphic sex is worth a ban, but dropping an f-bomb that is not meant in a derogatory manner toward someone is not.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Sylv.5324)

Sylv.5324

Considering most of us are nice, WvW and run dungeons a lot (why do you think these things are so active on our server), level a lot of alts (why do you think there are still people in the lower zones) and support the game by spending stuff in the cash shop, why would you want us to leave?

We helped build one of the most active servers and friendly communities, I don’t know why you’d tell us to go to WoW. Most of us left there because of the bad community and attitudes.

Anyway, it’s an MMORPG. Asking roleplayers to leave is pretty silly considering the majority of players are roleplayers of some sort or another.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Sylv.5324)

Onshidesigns.1069

Better yet the roleplayers are welcome to all go to WoW.

If you look around the other cities like DR. You will see that the game is designed around role playing.

Posted by: Noir.3204

Noir.3204

As many have stated it is simple to keep certain RP in private chats etc. Also, another thing that I can suggest is for those that insist on using language in /say due to the fact their “character” uses “colorful language” simply make up words that can be used in local chat, and that other RP’ers will easily recognize as being used as so.

For instance Firefly used to use “Shiny” as being a term for everything is great! So instead of using words like #$%% to curse. Use replacement words like the “Kitten” filter we have here in the forums.

There are so many ways to tackle this issue and be more mature about it than simply whine about a friend or guild mate that happened to be banned for obviously breaking the ToS.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

In the end the ban is up to the support team, so what those guys said must have been offensive to some extent and not just simply swearing casually. Not so much vigilantes as good citizens reporting a crime. Batman is a vigilante and no batman doesn’t ask the police whether he can serve justice!

Also whats with the beef with roleplaying? I don’t do it but I welcome others to…

Straylight.7408

In the end the ban is up to the support team, so what those guys said must have been offensive to some extent and not just simply swearing casually. Not so much vigilantes as good citizens reporting a crime. Batman is a vigilante and no batman doesn’t ask the police whether he can serve justice!

Also whats with the beef with roleplaying? I don’t do it but I welcome others to…

It’s a lack of tolerance towards other playstyles mixed with an inflated sense of self-importance .

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Anther idea could be to have adult only servers. For people who can handle things like mature language. It would require a CC validation.

Age doesn’t immediately grant you maturity. If we had to set an age, I’d say 30+. Everything below are just young adults who think they’re super mature and have a license to spread profanity uncontrollably.

Straylight.7408

Age doesn’t immediately grant you maturity. If we had to set an age, I’d say 30+. Everything below are just young adults who think they’re super mature and have a license to spread profanity uncontrollably.

That is true. Age doesn’t immediately grant you maturity. But in my humble opinion, if you’re 30+ and still spend times playing computer games there isn’t much mature about you in the first place. No offense

Sylv.5324

That is true. Age doesn’t immediately grant you maturity. But in my humble opinion, if you’re 30+ and still spend times playing computer games there isn’t much mature about you in the first place. No offense

That’s a weird thing to say, considering that it’s mostly folks over 30 designing and buying video games. What are people supposed to do, watch TV or do macrame? o.O

Adults keep the hobbies they had as teens. In previous generations, it might have been working on cars, collecting model trains, whatever. In the last few generations, it’s gaming, which is aimed at all ages.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Onshidesigns.1069

For instance Firefly used to use “Shiny” as being a term for everything is great! So instead of using words like #$%% to curse. Use replacement words like the “Kitten” filter we have here in the forums.

Using “Kitten” is really lame.