Tattered bat wing price

Tattered bat wing price

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

Wondering why the price of these have been plummeting. If they can’t be obtained anymore post-Halloween and are still required to make Nightfury, wouldn’t simple economics have their price slowly increase over time. The only thing I can think of is that people are seeing the prices go down and start panic-selling theirs, making the prices go down even further. But maybe I’m missing something…?

Tattered bat wing price

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

The players that wanted a nightfury already bought what they needed. It will take awhile for anyone else to consider buying a nightfury. Their is no demand for it anymore. The supply would have to drop before the price will increase again. Just like the other one time loot items (monocle, jetpack, esc).

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Tattered bat wing price

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The high cost (mainly due to the flax seed) is what dissuaded many players from even attempting to go for it. If the total cost drops low enough, prices for wings and the tonic may go up.

Tattered bat wing price

Posted by: Raithwall.8201

Raithwall.8201

much easier answer…
there are fewer permanent tonics ingame than batwings(*4)
so there is no point at all in those batwings.
they just are utterly useless
there are around 70ish tonics on the tp while there are around 2200 tattered batwings
low demand(due to the high prices for the tonic, people dont wanna craft nightfury) + high supply of batwings which are not needed = low price

(edited by Raithwall.8201)

Tattered bat wing price

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I agree with what’s been said.

Bat Wing Brew (I believe is needed in the crafting of nightfury) has gone up, since the end of halloween. I assume because this is the more expensive part of the item, few people want to actually make it considering the main bulk of the cost is going up (it was slightly cheaper during halloween).

I guess it’s a strange relationship between the event exclusive items.

The other thing is, perhaps because the halloween hype is over, people don’t want to look spooky? Maybe fewer people are making nightfury because other gold sinks have been added/fixed (looking at you, precursor crafting).

Tattered bat wing price

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

much easier answer…
there are fewer permanent tonics ingame than batwings(*4)
so there is no point at all in those batwings.
they just are utterly useless

I guess that would explain it. Something else restricted to only Halloween being in such a low quantity would definitely dissuade people from even trying.