Taxi Service Upgrade

Taxi Service Upgrade

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Problem #1: Those players that taxi others (friends, guildmates, community members) into another map instance can not be bothered by single invitations from each player. Currently /join player is the best option. This is not a critical issue by itself, just adds a little extra time for some players — time that is better spent trying to switch map shards and running.
Problem #2: Sadly players that have special characters in their names can not make good taxis. /join playƩr is asking too much from your player base.

Solution: Add an option when Right clicking on a name in the chat window where we can also /join party. This makes things smoother on all accounts. Quick and easy.

I ask for this as a member of a guild that regularly runs its own WBT, including Temples and all T2s in between the timed world bosses. So the taxi service is used quite heavily on a nightly basis. However this fix is not asking a lot and goes beyond just boss farming.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Taxi Service Upgrade

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Solution: Add an option when Right clicking on a name in the chat window where we can also /join party. This makes things smoother on all accounts. Quick and easy.

Can you not already do this? maybe I’m misunderstanding what you’re saying but that sounds like what we can do now.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Taxi Service Upgrade

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

Can you not already do this? maybe I’m misunderstanding what you’re saying but that sounds like what we can do now.

yes. Right click “Join” does exist but doesnt work properly
due to how the servers work or something. it doesnt show up like 70% of the time. Even if the other person is in a party, it still shows “Invite”

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Taxi Service Upgrade

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

You can do it…some of the times. I’m not sure when/how it restricts you from doing it, but you can right click on the chat window to invite/join

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Taxi Service Upgrade

Azhure.1857

I feared that I was unclear, actually.
You can /join party in another map once you’re in that player’s party. However joining a party first is what I’m talking about. There is no option, as of yet, to /join party by right clicking on their character name in the chat log. Only /invite to party.

Does that clear up any confusion?

Taxi Service Upgrade

Azhure.1857

You can do it…some of the times. I’m not sure when/how it restricts you from doing it, but you can right click on the chat window to invite/join

I’ve seen this happen sometimes too. I think it only happens if both players have friended each other. I’m not positive though.

Taxi Service Upgrade

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

What? If I’m understanding correctly, what you’re talking about happens when you’re trying to “join” somebody who isn’t in a party yet. Inviting is the same as joining in this case, so it just says “invite.”

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Taxi Service Upgrade

Azhure.1857

What? If I’m understanding correctly, what you’re talking about happens when you’re trying to “join” somebody who isn’t in a party yet. Inviting is the same as joining in this case, so it just says “invite.”

Don’t think it always works the way it should, Andred. It will many times only let you /invite that player whether they’re in a party or not. So I suppose I’m asking more for a bug fix than a new solution.

Taxi Service Upgrade

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Don’t think it always works the way it should, Andred. It will many times only let you /invite that player whether they’re in a party or not. So I suppose I’m asking more for a bug fix than a new solution.

Oh, I see, you mean using the chat commands? I’ve never had need to do that though.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Taxi Service Upgrade

Azhure.1857

Oh, I see, you mean using the chat commands? I’ve never had need to do that though.

Looking at your chat log window. If you right click on a person talking in chat and one that is calling out a taxi service — you can usually only invite that player to your party. This is a problem for those offering a taxi service because they’re usually busy managing many people.

It also would help those that have special character names…. as I do and some others I know do. I still try to taxi but it is a pain as I have to be invited and therefor I’m limited in how fast I can do it. Others don’t even try because of their abnormal names.

Taxi Service Upgrade

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

No, most of the time when i try to join someone’s party, it shows invite option, and then protests that i can’t invite someone because they are already in a different party. It happens even for people that are in my guild and whom i have friended – not sure what it’s dependant on.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Taxi Service Upgrade

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I would love the option of being able to spam /join party in chat rather than right clicking and getting the Map Is Full only to have to right click again. Would make Triple Trouble and Teq much easier to get onto

Taxi Service Upgrade

Azhure.1857

I would love the option of being able to spam /join party in chat rather than right clicking and getting the Map Is Full only to have to right click again. Would make Triple Trouble and Teq much easier to get onto

I see what you’re saying. Would also agree with you in that it would be amazingly fast if we could skip the middle step of partying up to begin with and just join on the person’s map in this manner.

That being said….
Unfortunately I could see this being used by trolls, griefers, and/or stalkers. You may be able to block people but they can still friend you and see where you are at any given time. That would be bad.

Taxi Service Upgrade

Azhure.1857

Just hoping to get some kind of response from ArenaNet on this. * shameless bump *

Even if it is a longshot.

Taxi Service Upgrade

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I would be shocked if ArenaNet werent looking at ways to improve the LFG/taxi experience.

It seems like little things could end up being significant quality of life improvements.

Personally, I think the best way to address it would be simple (on paper – not sure what it would take from the programmer/developer side) -

Enable taxiing between maps without having to be in a party.

Specifically, I think people should be able to “join in XYZ map” by right clicking in the following three situations:

1. Via the guild interface

2. Via the friends list (if you and the other person are both on each others list – it should require mutual friendships to avoid trolling)

3. Via the LFG tool. If someone posts in the open world section of the LFG, it would be nice if that listing remained until the world was full, the listing was cancelled or a set time limit was reached (15 minutes for example) – with the added ability for others to simply right click and join on the map rather than joining parties as it is now (basically, when you are posting on LFG in the open world section, you would be giving everyone permission to do this).

I realize these may be bigger changes than they first appear to be, but they would be amazing quality of life improvements if they could ever happen.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)