Technically ascended gear is getting buffed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

It will still have the same percentage higher stats than exotic gear but all gear is getting a buff. I heard the number 30% somewhere. Let’s go with that for the sake of argument.

A full set of exotic armor gives you 763 total attribute points There are exceptions like celestial or giver’s but we’re ignoring those for this example.

A full set of ascended armor gives you 799 total attribute points. So that is 36 more points total. It’s about 4.7% higher.

With the upcoming changes we will get more stats on our armor instead of traits. Going with that 30% increase we will have 992 for exotics and 1,039 for ascended. The difference is still 4.7% but now ascended armor has 47 more stat points instead of the previous 36.

So basically the stat points being moved from traits into armor will scale based on how good the armor is.

This will also be true when comparing lower quality armors such as exotic vs rare.

Does this matter? I dunno. I just think it’s interesting how people seem to look at the relative differences and often totally ignore the absolute differences.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Khristophoros.7194

Nice you didn’t even read my post. I didn’t say the percentage difference is going up.

If you’re not going to read a post, don’t reply to it.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Then why start a thread about a topic already talked to death?

Saw the title, saw 30% and thought “oh no, not another ascended gear is getting a boost it’s so totally unfair – gear grind thread”.

Sorry, it’s late/early here.

I’m sure later in the day there will be tons of posts about how X got shafted and whatever the new “meta” will be for profession Y. You build theorists take all the fun out of MMOs by publishing “the right way” to equip your characters and in turn create an atmosphere of elitism around any mandatory party activity.

Who cares that and the end of the day players stats may shift ever so slightly, up or down. Most 80s are still equipped with some of the best gear in the game. It was best yesterday and it will still be best tomorrow.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

You build theorists take all the fun out of MMOs by publishing “the right way” to equip your characters and in turn create an atmosphere of elitism around any mandatory party activity.

Words of wisdom. What is even worse, this “theoretically best” right way to equip your chars only works if you are able to play in the way that this requires. Tons of rezzed zerker players over and over again tell me, that that isn’t the case always.

Khristophoros.7194

You build theorists take all the fun out of MMOs by publishing “the right way” to equip your characters and in turn create an atmosphere of elitism around any mandatory party activity.

Don’t associate me with those people. I make my own builds and I don’t pay attention to what other people publish, and I don’t generally publish my own builds.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Don’t associate me with those people. I make my own builds and I don’t pay attention to what other people publish, and I don’t generally publish my own builds.

Yep i will say it.There is right and wrong way.The right way is always the one that lets you do many thing for as little time as possible.There may be many viable builds but only a few are meta builds.You may say what ever you want but you can not argue with math and theoricrafting.Some builds are just better and that’s that.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

Set a = exotic armor and b = ascended armor and y = stat difference, b > a
y = b – a
all armors get a 30% buff
y < (b – a)*1.3
Conclusions: Bigger gap between a and b after buff.

Set a = 10, b = 20. With the buff, the difference of 10 will be 13 instead….
Set a = 10, b = 100. With the buff, the difference of 90 will be 120 instead… (Note the 30 point difference)

Percents can lie

More fun:
a = 10
b = 100
b is 1000% bigger than a: b = a * 10.0,
b – a = 90
Let’s say there is a huge buff coming but the devs say b will always be 1000% better than a.
So the buff is that a and b will both be 100 000 times better. Which leaves us with the new value of
a = 10 * 100 000 = 1 000 000
b = 100 000 000
b is 1000% bigger than a: b = a * 10.0,
b – a = 90 000 000

Percents can lie

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

Yep i will say it.There is right and wrong way.The right way is always the one that lets you do many thing for as little time as possible.There may be many viable builds but only a few are meta builds.You may say what ever you want but you can not argue with math and theoricrafting.Some builds are just better and that’s that.

[ ] You understand the concept of fun

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

You should watch the percents. Just the percents.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+