Teleport to Friend item?

Teleport to Friend item?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ailsan.6327

Ailsan.6327

I apologize in advance if my question is naive. I know I received it as a gift somewhere along the way but I am wondering, was it previously available in the BLTC at some point but no longer? Or was it never in the store and in that case, why? It seems quite a useful tool to get right to your friend, rather than to the nearest waypoint.

Teleport to Friend item?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s not directly in the gemstore and as far as I know it never has been. It’s one of the things you can get from a Black Lion chest and it’s in the 3rd year Birthday gift. Why it’s not in there is probably because they think they will make more money with key sales than direct sales.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Teleport to Friend item?

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

It’s not directly in the gemstore and as far as I know it never has been. It’s one of the things you can get from a Black Lion chest and it’s in the 3rd year Birthday gift. Why it’s not in there is probably because they think they will make more money with key sales than direct sales.

I believe that the biggest reason why it is not there is because large and on-demand quantities of this item would trivialise exploration, content gates, and travel costs.

Teleport to Friend item?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I believe that the biggest reason why it is not there is because large and on-demand quantities of this item would trivialise exploration, content gates, and travel costs.

Maybe. But at the start of the expansion I had over 30 of them from opening up black lion chests and the birthday gifts. They’re not really that hard to get.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Teleport to Friend item?

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Pretty sure it was in the gemstore for maybe two weeks, 5/2000 gems. It was quickly removed and added to BL chests. Later it became part of the third birthday present.