Teleport to a friend unfair

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nightcore.5621

Nightcore.5621

i think is unfair you can teleport to some of the new maps whit out have them unlocked or payed for them ? Also teleport to a friend in the end of a Jumpin puzzle should be removed

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

I’m afraid my opinion differs. Here’s a thread that contains some thoughts that you might like read:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Maps-locked-behind-story-episodes/first#post6666859

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: Purgatori.3645

Purgatori.3645

Teleport to a friend is really no different in a lot of ways as a Mesmer porting players to the end of a jumping puzzle to finish their daily quests or in a new zone. Thank the Six for Mesmers and their kindness! I like also that teleport to friend doesnt teleport you to a way point … it teleports you to commanders leading in places like Dragon Stand where you join a squad after they are already half way through their run! You load right where the commander is. This is a wonderful tool and Im not sure why you would think its unfair? They are available to everyone.

on a side note …. always tip your mesmers! ^.^

When life knocks you down, roll over and look at the stars.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

As far as I know you can’t T2F to a map you haven’t paid for.

Edit: wiki https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Teleport_to_Friend

While it cannot be used to reach areas that the player would not be able to reach without purchasing Heart of Thorns or areas that were released during Living World Season 3 that were not already unlocked, the Teleport to Friend will be consumed upon trying to do so.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)